ASUS RT-N10+

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
paltry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, though this thread is quite old, i used the information from here to flash dd-wrt on my RT-N10+ B1 router.
Thanks for the all the information.

Instead of starting a new therad, i just opted to post here a few issues that i am facing now.. (its just i noticed now)

Issue is with Speed.
Version i am on(listed on official site.):
Asus RT-N10+ B1/C1
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std
(SVN revision 21061)

I have a broadband which is 50Mbps up/down.
When i connect the wan cable directly to my pc, and connect it through pppoe, i get 50MB up/down speeds..

But when i use the router with dd-wrt f/w i get very low speeds..
Speed test results : http://imgur.com/a/YLivy

1: ExcitelSpeed_N_wifi
This is the speed when i connect to wifi N ssid.
2) ExcitelSpeed_Wired(LAN 1-4)
This is the speed when i connect to LAN port of
the router.
3) This is the speed i get when i connect the WAN
directly to my pc, and connect through pppoe i.e
without the router.

So the ISP is delivering the speed that it advertises. But i am finding hard time, that this router says 150mbps speed on wireless N, but i am not even getting the full speed my ISP provides even on LAN port from the router.

Can anyone shed some light on what could be the cause for this? I also tried with different wifi settings,but not of much help.. Best results i got with the wireless N only setting wpa2 personal/aes security. But what really worries me is that, even the connection with router LAN1-4 also dont fetch me the full speeds.

Thanks for all the support.
Sponsor
h8red
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
My C1 router has 320 Mhz CPU. This is very normal
[Ramips] Nexx WT3020F Openwrt @kernel #4.14.167 (OpenVPN server, Wireguard server, AD blocking, SQM QOS, USB)
paltry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
h8red wrote:
My C1 router has 320 Mhz CPU. This is very normal

So you mean, the low speed is due to incapability of the cpu? Then how would this router ever reach even near the advertised 150mbps N speed?

Just asking, the stock f/w would also behave the same?
I didnt test the speed on stock, as i immediately flashed dd-wrt.

Thirdly, the f/w hasnt been updated for a while, but as i checked few betas are regularly being posted. Do you recommend updating to those? If so, is it possible to come back to the official posted f/w, if i face any issues? I see, you just updated one of the beta f/w on C1 model, it should be good for B1 model too right? What steps do i need to follow? just flash ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/07-08-2017-r32597/asus-rt-n10plus/asus-rt-n10plus-ddwrt-webflash.bin from web UI?

Fourthly, if i plan to purchase another router, what specs should i focus on? CPU speed the most?

Thanks for your help.
h8red
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
paltry wrote:
Just asking, the stock f/w would also behave the same?

No, dd-wrt has no hardware NAT acceleration support. So it depends on CPU speed.
paltry wrote:
Thirdly, the f/w hasnt been updated for a while, but as i checked few betas are regularly being posted. Do you recommend updating to those? If so, is it possible to come back to the official posted f/w, if i face any issues? I see, you just updated one of the beta f/w on C1 model, it should be good for B1 model too right? What steps do i need to follow? just flash ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/07-08-2017-r32597/asus-rt-n10plus/asus-rt-n10plus-ddwrt-webflash.bin from web UI?

Yes. My C1 is on r32597

[Ramips] Nexx WT3020F Openwrt @kernel #4.14.167 (OpenVPN server, Wireguard server, AD blocking, SQM QOS, USB)
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
paltry wrote:
Then how would this router ever reach even near the advertised 150mbps N speed?

This is the theoretical wifi speed, not LAN-WAN speed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: