WRT320N dual band select ability missing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
atekk920
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:26    Post subject: WRT320N dual band select ability missing? Reply with quote
Ok so im a total n00b to ddwrt and these forums and will stat by asking for some forgivness if i have posted in the wrong area or if this is just a totally stupid question.

I just flashed my wrt320n router with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/19/09) mini and I cant seem to locate the wireless feature that allows me to select which band i would like to use for my wireless signal (5.8 or 2.4)or the place to find out what band it is using currently. It looks like it has defaulted to 2.4 since the channel selection feature lists 2.4xx.

a little help for the n00b please? thaNX ALL
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would upgrade to this

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/04-16-10-r14289/broadcom_K26/

With that older build it is a little trickier with these builds past 1-2-2010 i found it to be alittle easier.

Also with that unit you can use the mega and big builds, it'll be in there plain as day then.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would stick with the firmware recommendations. They are there for a reason.

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
also as i noted in another thread, 30-30-30 doesn't work with that unit. check out this link for info on the wrt320n hard reset.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63004&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
atekk920
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
dd-wrt.v24-13493_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin

that is whats in the router database listed as the Mega Generic for this specific router....anyone see an issue with upgrading to this version vs the version im running now? (build 13493M DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/19/09) mini) also is the upgrade process difficult? or is it like upgrading firmware on the standard linksys UI? (using the firmware upgrade tab, so on and so on...)AND...what is the difference between mini big mega ect...
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgrading is pretty straight forward. just upgrade from the webgui. also i wouldn't always use what the routerbase suggests as it is not updated regularly. instead i would use that ftp link i posted for you. far as the differences in builds goes

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_DD-WRT%3F

and yes i agree the firmware recommendations are there for a reason but i would also say that we don't always use the builds listed in there.

atekk920
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for all the help! i upgraded both my wrt610n and my wrt320n to the mega build you suggested and they are both working great together. and the cpu usage on the wrt320n seems to be working MUCH better (noticed it was running a bit high prior to updated build) Now to familiarize myself with all the bells and whistles this firmware has to offer. Im sure youll be seeing more from me in the near future...thanks again for all the help and hints people!

BTW...your outta your league Donnie. LOL the dude RULES!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: