New Build 42335: 02-10-2020-r42335

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 16:35    Post subject: New Build 42335: 02-10-2020-r42335 Reply with quote
WARNING: DO NOT flash this experimental test build unless you know the risks and recovery methods. Report here to provide important info for developers and users. Always state your hardware model & version, mode (e.g. Repeater) and SPECIFIC build (e.g. netgear-r7000-webflash). Avoid discussions and create a new thread for specific problems or questions as this thread is not for support, and posts may be deleted or moved.

Downloads: if a link does not work, try another (alternative @DD-WRT website)
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/02-10-2020-r42335/
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2020/02-10-2020-r42335/
Note: for wget (or curl) with CLI flash (`write {f/w} linux`), change the https to http, use `curl -k {link} -o {file}`, or ftp

Changelogs:
SVN* changelog since last build: 42287
Summary: (deprecated after 29739)
*Github mirror: https://github.com/mirror/dd-wrt/

Important: if reporting any issues, provide applicable info (GUI syslog, `dmesg`, `cat /var/log/messages`, etc.)
Or put into SVN ticket. For firewall issues, also provide "iptables" info (`iptables -L`, `iptables -t nat -L`, & the /tmp/.ipt file).

Template example to copy (after "Code:") for posting issues, be sure to include the mode in use (gateway, AP, CB, etc.):
Code:
[b][u]Router/Version: [/u][/b]
[b]Mode: [/b]
[b]File: [/b]
[b]Kernel: [/b]
[b]Status: [/b]

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Sponsor
T-Fork
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Dlink DIR-882 A1
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r42335
Kernel Version: Linux DIR-882 4.14.170 #184 SMP Thu Feb 6 15:16:17 +04 2020 mips DD-WRT
Previous: r42132
Reset: No
Mode: 2.4GHz AP / 5GHz WDS AP
Uptime 1h

dmesg: https://pastebin.com/Tu3msWNC

iwlist now states correct Tx-power.
leonidm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
did anyone else has tried this build on Dlink DIR-882 A1? any issues? is it safe to move to this from 03-27-2019-r39296 build?
If I do decide to upgrade, I know I have to factory reset it in a process, but can I later import a backup file from r39296? If not is there another method to migrate settings. I have a massive amount of configurations there and redoing it manually will take hours. I wish there was a build-aware tool on PC side that will parse a backup file and allow migration between builds or even platforms to make it clean.
markus7010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
leonidm wrote:
did anyone else has tried this build on Dlink DIR-882 A1? any issues? is it safe to move to this from 03-27-2019-r39296 build?
If I do decide to upgrade, I know I have to factory reset it in a process, but can I later import a backup file from r39296? If not is there another method to migrate settings. I have a massive amount of configurations there and redoing it manually will take hours. I wish there was a build-aware tool on PC side that will parse a backup file and allow migration between builds or even platforms to make it clean.

OMG Shocked Very Happy You're really still on this old release from March last year? Just a joke, don't judge me Laughing
The main reason why you have to do a reset to factory default at the point of upgrading to this actual firmware release is, the nvram settings from the old kernel v3 are presumably incompatible and could be result in a bricked device. So it's NOT recommended to do so. The same thing happens when you try to upload your old backup configuration file (-> your old nvram settings) into the new kernel v4.14.
I actual run the latest release r42335 without any big issues. There were much more problems with your old last release with kernel v3 r39296 you're still on.
Once you have configured everything again from ground, you can upgrade future releases without resetting again to factory default, as far as the kernel jump to a higher release isn't soooo high of course Smile
Iangh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
markus7010 wrote:

OMG Shocked Very Happy You're really still on this old release from March last year? Just a joke, don't judge me Laughing
The main reason why you have to do a reset to factory default at the point of upgrading to this actual firmware release is, the nvram settings from the old kernel v3 are presumably incompatible and could be result in a bricked device. So it's NOT recommended to do so. The same thing happens when you try to upload your old backup configuration file (-> your old nvram settings) into the new kernel v4.14.
I actual run the latest release r42335 without any big issues. There were much more problems with your old last release with kernel v3 r39296 you're still on.
Once you have configured everything again from ground, you can upgrade future releases without resetting again to factory default, as far as the kernel jump to a higher release isn't soooo high of course Smile

It's good you have posted this because I think there's more than a fair few of us that didn't know about the reset. Now that I know to do the reset I'll give it a try at the weekend provided you, and a few others, confirm there's no issues with r42335. Very Happy
mrwulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Dlink DIR-882 A1
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r42335
Kernel Version: Linux DIR-882 4.14.170 #184 SMP Thu Feb 6 15:16:17 +04 2020 mips DD-WRT
Previous: r42132
Reset: No
Mode: PPOE router 2.4ghz / 5ghz WDS disabled.
Uptime 24h
Status: No issues to report. WiFi stability massively improved over 42132.
T-Fork
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Uptime is now just shy of 48h. The following has popped up https://pastebin.com/ALXq5y9V

@mrwulf have you tried torrenting or something similar?
mrwulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
T-Fork wrote:
Uptime is now just shy of 48h. The following has popped up https://pastebin.com/ALXq5y9V

@mrwulf have you tried torrenting or something similar?

I don't use Torrents so can't comment on that unfortunately.

I did use the router heavily last night, downloaded 200gb over 5ghz WiFi and it held up well, no issues at all.

Uptime has just passed 48h.
mrwulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seem to have developed an issue with my T-Plink smart plugs dropping off 2.4ghz every minute.

All other devices on 2.4ghz seem ok.

They seem to be switching to 'Legacy' and then immediately disconnecting.

I have set the channel to 20mhz. Tried forcing N only. Tried NG Mixed.

Any ideas?
T-Fork
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
@mrwulf intermitten wifi drops is usually what happens to me after if my NAS has been downloading torrents.

a reboot usually perks the router right up.
mrwulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
T-Fork wrote:
@mrwulf intermitten wifi drops is usually what happens to me after if my NAS has been downloading torrents.

a reboot usually perks the router right up.

Tried a couple of reboots, it's still kicking off the plugs every 30 seconds now.

Frustrating. Tempted to force G on 2.4ghz and see if it still does it.
Chade Fallstar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally took the plunge and upgraded to 42335 from 39296 on my DIR-882-A1. So far, so good. A couple of minor issues that are probably known about: The Wifi LEDs still aren't working, not a deal breaker obviously, but it would be nicer to see them flickering away reassuringly. And second:

Does anyone know why some devices are showing as LEGACY in the client info list? Is this affecting performance or is it by design for the new kernel? Sorry if this has been answered previously. Again though, things seem to be fine, been up 24hrs now without issue, there has been upto 12 devices connected at the sametime, although the router is only really used as an AP.[/img]
mrwulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chade Fallstar wrote:
Finally took the plunge and upgraded to 42335 from 39296 on my DIR-882-A1. So far, so good. A couple of minor issues that are probably known about: The Wifi LEDs still aren't working, not a deal breaker obviously, but it would be nicer to see them flickering away reassuringly. And second:

Does anyone know why some devices are showing as LEGACY in the client info list? Is this affecting performance or is it by design for the new kernel? Sorry if this has been answered previously. Again though, things seem to be fine, been up 24hrs now without issue, there has been upto 12 devices connected at the sametime, although the router is only really used as an AP.[/img]

Same issue I had with my 54g devices.

Eventually they started disconnecting every 30 seconds.
T-Fork
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
After almost 15 day uptime, the webgui can no longer be accessed. SSH works fine though, and top states load avg 4.96 4.93 4.92 2/65 5701. Throughput is also fine since im able to cap my 100/100 mbit line via wifi.

Im gonna let it be until things acting up.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
SSH "restart httpd" if you want to restore GUI access without a reboot. It should drop your top load too.

or

stopservice httpd

startservice httpd
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: