DD-WRT on TL-WA901ND v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
SilentSpace
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have it installed on two WA901ND V2 with build r20548.
With newer builds I have the same troubles like the others. LAN port dosn't work at all.
An other problem is that wan is activated for a AP which has no wan.
So you can reach the AP with build r20548 only with a wlan connection for an initial setup.

Please, please fix it, so we can use newer builds. Sad
Sponsor
Nuvelle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is this still an issue with the V2 devices?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database lists the V2 as "supported" by v24 PreSP2 [Beta] Build: 21061

I do not want to upgrade if it is not going to work properly!
toppi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good morning,

I just want to ask if someone already tried the new version?
Nuvelle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
toppi wrote:
Good morning,

I just want to ask if someone already tried the new version?

I am still waiting to hear if the versions are stable yet as I do not have the capability to un-brick the device if it hits the problems others have had Sad
gUaTiTa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
any news about a stable FW version of this AP?? or a simple and explained way how to do it??

im affraid of install ddwrt and bricking it!!!
gUaTiTa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
news!!!

i've installed this

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/04-15-2013-r21286/tplink_tl-wa901ndv2/

no problems with macs, works perfectly. Only the lan port doesnt works. wifi only

now my problem is how to configure the AP in Universal Repeater same as the stock firmware.

EDIT: all working perfectly. Only the led SYSTEM is off and no connection for LAN port, but doesnt affect

1) install this FW ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/04-15-2013-r21286/tplink_tl-wa901ndv2/

2) follow this steps and follow the recomendations for devices with atheros chipset http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge#Atheros
(_KoDAk_)
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 19:04    Post subject: TL-WA901ND (rev 2.3) NO eth1 Reply with quote
use /BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/04-15-2013-r21286/tplink_tl-wa901ndv2/

TL-WA901ND rev 2.3 NO eth1

TL-WA901ND rev 1.1 ALL OK

Please make ok eth1 on rev 2.3
now in store only rev 2.3 ((((((
DiRH
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same problem. Lan do not working on rev. 2 after update, but wifi ok. It's terrible for me Sad
I look forward updatings
thedriver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems the DD-WRT firmware for the TP-Link WA901ND disables the LAN port as other posts here report. And my experience with this device is the same.

The good news is that you should be able to connect to the wireless interface. The default wireless SSID is dd-wrt, no security (no passphrase) and uses an IP Address of 192.168.1.1.

I was successfully able to connect to the access point this way and see the DD-WRT firmware had installed. I tried playing with it to enable the LAN port again, but it seems the firmware is no yet ready for production.

You can also re-flash it back to stock TP-Link firmware through the web interface over wireless. Just download the webrevert firmware from DD-WRT and you should be able to access it again on the default settings (192.168.1.254) over the LAN port.

Without a LAN port, this is useless! Why bother posting it to the downloads page?
Nuvelle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
thedriver wrote:
Without a LAN port, this is useless! Why bother posting it to the downloads page?

I agree, I think that until the bugs are sorted out it should at least list it as "WIP" rather than supported Sad
tajvdbroek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
thedriver wrote:

You can also re-flash it back to stock TP-Link firmware through the web interface over wireless. Just download the webrevert firmware from DD-WRT and you should be able to access it again on the default settings (192.168.1.254) over the LAN port.

i am also trying to reflash it with stock firmware. but i can´t seem to find the webrevert. i am very new to this forum and don´t really know where i need to look.
if someone could point me in the right direction. i appreciate it a lot.
thanks in advance
tajvdbroek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
nevermind i allready found it thanks any way
kyroz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
excuse me, but who made the STUPID decision to put the firmware in the 'Downloads' page like it's ready to use?! Evil or Very Mad

THE FIRMWARE DISABLES THE LAN PORT AND MAKES THE DEVICE ALMOST UNUSABLE!

Thanks to 'thedriver' for the restore instructions.

ADMINS: I know we're not paying for those firmwares, but at least show some responsibility.
Nuvelle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
kyroz wrote:
excuse me, but who made the STUPID decision to put the firmware in the 'Downloads' page like it's ready to use?! Evil or Very Mad

THE FIRMWARE DISABLES THE LAN PORT AND MAKES THE DEVICE ALMOST UNUSABLE!

Thanks to 'thedriver' for the restore instructions.

ADMINS: I know we're not paying for those firmwares, but at least show some responsibility.

This is a free piece of software, if you dont like it, go elsewhere.
IsmaelZ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
It has been a month since the last software for this device (which clearly still breaks the LAN port functionality)... Is there any information about whether or not this issue will be fixed in the next release and when we can expect it?

I'm asking because I really want to install DD WRT on the 3 routers (of this type) that I maintain and I cannot afford to brick any of them. I don't have the ability or the knowledge to unbrick a router.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 13 of 18
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: