DD-WRT on TL-WA901ND v2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
miko_amer_en
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
worked with me
change the lan ip and it will work great ..
Sponsor
mbest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
miko_amer_en wrote:
worked with me
[/img]

It would be really helpful if you could provide more detail on what you did so we could understand. Ideally a step by step of what you did would give us the most clarity.
battax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
miko_amer_en wrote:
worked with me
[/img]

But how?
Instead of saying it works, please explain how, because many persons are saying there´s no web/telnet/ssh access.
miko_amer_en
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
oky i'll try to explain

i have mikrotik router and tp-link 801 and tp-link 901

my connections were as following

mikrotik --- cable connection -- tp-link 801 --- wireless connection ---- tp-link 901 (with dd wrt )

and from mikrotik you must change the tp-link 901 mac address from ip -- arp (find 192.168.1.1 and change the mac to the mac written on the tp-link 901 label behind )

now try to open 192.168.1.1 from browser and change the lan ip to any ip and the device will be normal

i tried to connect tp-link 901 by cable to mikrotik and change the mac but not work

i think that the problem was because the access generate different mac to lan

i don't know if there any other methods or not

hope it help you

any more illustration , i'm here

ahmed ..
mbest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm still not following the setup. Let me ask a few questions to see if I can clarify.

1. Why are you connecting the router to the first wireless device?
2. How are the two wireless devices connecting?
2a. Are you using the first link to connect to the second as a wireless repeater or client?
2b. Are you treating the 901 as the primary router?
3. Where and why are you changing the mac address?
3a. is it the address on the 901, if so, how?

Sorry if these are noob question but my goal is to understand the setup in detail. Vague is not good when it comes to fireware.

Thanks again for taking the time. Really helps everyone on the thread if we can spell this out.
no55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've made a little progress with this but I havn't actually used dd-wrt before and I am now stuck. Instruction to get into the web interface via wireless for windows 7:

Turn on your TL-WA901ND v2 without LAN connected.

Connect via wireless.

Start a command prompt with administrators privileges (start>all programs>accessories>right click command prompt and run as administrator).

Type arp -a to get a list of what ip's are attached to what mac's.

Type netsh -c "interface ipv4" (with quotation marks) and will get the new prompt netsh interface ipv4>

Open network and sharing center and note the connection name. Mine is "Wireless Network Connection"

Check the bottom of your TL-WA901ND v2 for its mac address.

Type in command prompt set neighbors "Wireless Network Connection" "192.168.1.1" "F8-B1-11-BF-**-**" Note quotation marks and substitute F8-B1-11-BF-**-** with your own mac.

type exit to get back the normal command prompt and type arp -a again and make sure there is now the right mac against 192.168.1.1

Open browser and then open the web interface by typing 192.168.1.1

This is now where I am stuck. I dont know how to set the correct mac in dd-wrt for LAN.

Last edited by no55 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 16:06; edited 1 time in total
battax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
How about drop the wireless connection, connect with cable and do the same thing?
no55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I cant get it to work that way, I can only get it to work through wireless.

I think the firmware has the mac address written into it instead of it taking it from the device.
dalbaech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
no55 wrote:
I cant get it to work that way, I can only get it to work through wireless.

I think the firmware has the mac address written into it instead of it taking it from the device.

Do you think when I did the ifconfig manually on eth0, it may have forced it to use the proper mac?

I could get connectivity after forcing ifconfig on eth0, but couldn't get wireless to work.

I didn't use the default IP. I set ifconfig eth0 192.168.16.1 set my lan adapter on my computer to .2 and then could access web and ssh via .1.

Since then, I've reverted back to stock. Next weekend, I might be adventurous and try more troubleshooting.
no55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
TBH Im a novice at this, I haven't messed around with AP's before. Your guess is as good as mine.
Gomjaba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am just wondering, there weren't any official announcement regarding the firmware and the only hint was that "a" file labelled for v2 is on the FTP server, yet people install the firmware (which clearly doesn't work right).

Did anyone hear any official word about this ?
battax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gomjaba wrote:
I am just wondering, there weren't any official announcement regarding the firmware and the only hint was that "a" file labelled for v2 is on the FTP server, yet people install the firmware (which clearly doesn't work right).

Did anyone hear any official word about this ?

i didn´t saw anything, but there´s a new version, dated 4 days later from the one posted 2 pages back.

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2012/10-12-12-r20119-testing/
Gomjaba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's my point though - database still only says v1 and just because v2 is on the ftp server, I wouldn't jump straight on it but rather wait for the official tests to be done. But I guess some people like to tinker Very Happy
battax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gomjaba wrote:
That's my point though - database still only says v1 and just because v2 is on the ftp server, I wouldn't jump straight on it but rather wait for the official tests to be done. But I guess some people like to tinker Very Happy

These builds are stated for testing purposes.
There are some risks, everybody knows that, but if they are safe (non brick issues) i guess many folks are willing to try (me included).
Gomjaba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
battax wrote:
i guess many folks are willing to try (me included).

I'd be willing to try if fixing wouldn't need a soldering iron Smile

I hope we have a more stable build soon.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 8
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: