{NOW SUPPORTED} - Hardware Request (NETGEAR WNR2000 v2)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
HerbCSO
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great, thanks for the clarifications guys - and also thanks for the hard work on getting it to run! ;]
Sponsor
BlueJoe101
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it possible to do a factory restore using the original netgear firmware for this model?
trogdor3222
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello. I just picked up one of these routers from newegg during their recent $20 sale and I found this thread and became very excited to try this out. Is there any way to tell if I have a v1 or v2 WNR2000? Netgear's site is proving to be not much help. When I tried uploading the .CHK file to my WNR2000 it told me to please provide the correct file extension (.img).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Orbiting234
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
trogdor3222 wrote:
Hello. I just picked up one of these routers from newegg during their recent $20 sale and I found this thread and became very excited to try this out. Is there any way to tell if I have a v1 or v2 WNR2000? Netgear's site is proving to be not much help. When I tried uploading the .CHK file to my WNR2000 it told me to please provide the correct file extension (.img).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Easiest way is to just look at the bottom as it will say just WNR2000 for a v1 and WNR2000v2 for a v2. But since it's asking for a .img firmware, I can tell you that you have a v1 as looking at Netgear's site, the v1s use a .img file whereas the v2s use a .chk file. Sorry.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
trogdor3222 wrote:
Is there any way to tell if I have a v1 or v2 WNR2000?

A v2 should be marked as such on the routers label and most likely also on the box.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah, the back of it only says WNR2000. ugh. oh well. Sad
mimino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does that mean dd-wrt cannot run on WNR2000v1? Are we completely out of luck? Crying or Very sad
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
mimino wrote:
Does that mean dd-wrt cannot run on WNR2000v1? Are we completely out of luck? Crying or Very sad

The v1 is Atheros based so pop over to the dd-wrt Atheros subforum and read the WNR2000v1 thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
WNR2000v2 doesn't run DD-WRT either. I telnet-enabled mine, logged in and promptly bricked it with a 'write some-ddwrt-image.bin linux' command. The HW reset doesn't appear to work anymore either. If throw a JTAG connector up on this mofo can I somehow recover it? Or is it hammer time?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
foomanchu wrote:
WNR2000v2 doesn't run DD-WRT either. I telnet-enabled mine, logged in and promptly bricked it with a 'write some-ddwrt-image.bin linux' command. The HW reset doesn't appear to work anymore either. If throw a JTAG connector up on this mofo can I somehow recover it? Or is it hammer time?

Who told you to install dd-wrt that way?

Fekkin dumb way of doing it when the only dd-wrt file released for this router is intended to be used directly from the Netgear Administration/Firmware update page in their gui..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
It wasn't accepting the CHK file I found. All in the past now.

It seems like me flashing the wrong firmware and their being an error during the web ui flash failing probably put you in the same the state in the end. Is there hope at this point? Or perhaps another way to reset the factory default? I don't have any problem sticking the JTAG pins in. Already got the case cracked open.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
The jtag pinout of this router is not known.
You don't need to fiddle with jtag, you need a serial TTL converter so you can see what you are doing, see what happens during boot.

Start with reading this thread from the first post and you'll know everything you need for getting a serial connection to the router.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Suppose the serial console showed the flash was bad and the boot failed before I can do anything; what happens then?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
foomanchu wrote:
Suppose the serial console showed the flash was bad and the boot failed before I can do anything; what happens then?

The nice thing with a serial interface is that you don't have to suppose, you will know and knowledge always beats guessing..
It is the number 1 rescue tool to get and it only costs $3 more than what 5 resistors does.

If your boot loader is damaged (which they rarely are when a router is bricked) then you'll have to find out if there is any jtag connection in that router and what the pinout is.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm totally willing to guess at the JTAG pins. What's your best quess?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 26
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: