archerC9: virtual wireless interfaces broken with encryption

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
spikegee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 13:23    Post subject: archerC9: virtual wireless interfaces broken with encryption Reply with quote
[EDIT] Solved by reboot Smile [/EDIT]

It's the same issue than this topic that was raised a few years ago.

I installed version 12-24-2015-r28598, on a TP-LINK Archer C9 router: the virutal interface works fine (can see its ssid on my laptop, can connect to it, get assigned an ip address, access the net), until I setup an encryption: it does not event get to the 'obtaining ip address' step (probably dhcp step)

It still doesn't work if i use the exact same security configuration on the virtual interface and the physical interface. Crying or Very sad

I also noticed that the bssid (mac address) of the virtual interface is the same than the physical one, which can appartently be an issue for some devices. (However it works without encryption, so maybe there is no issue there)

Fortunately, this router has two physical wireless interface (2.5 and 5GHz), thus instead of using a virtual interface, I can successfully use the second wireless connection with this setup:

web --- [primary router x.x.1.1] (((()))) [5GHz (Repeater) --bridge-- 2.5GHz (Gateway) x.x.2.1] (((()))) [wireless devices]

Still, it would be great to be able to use virtual interfaces. Does anyone knows if this is a known issue, or maybe if I should try a different firmware version Question (and which one Wink )

Thanks for reading !

Last edited by spikegee on Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:20; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
ddwrtanothernoob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I currently have a belkin F7D4302 router set up in repeater mode, and encountered a similar problem.

I can have security enabled on my primary router and
without any security on my virtual network i can connect perfectly fine and use the internet.

Enabling security on the virtual network which is identical to that on the primary ( WPA2 with AES algorithms, and identical pass phrase) the virtual network is no longer broadcasted.

I have also tried a number of dd wrt builds, others allowed the network to be broadcasted but would not allow connections to be made.

Sometimes i managed to connect, however upon rebooting my router it would then not allow any connections to be made whilst security is enabled for the virtual network.

I am keen to find out why this is occurring.

currently using dd-wrt.v24-28598_NEWD-2_K2.6.big

have tried 17084,2106 and 27413 big and mega builds ( NEWD-2_K2.6)
spikegee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:16    Post subject: archerC9: virtual wireless interfaces broken with encryption Reply with quote
In fact, after my first post on this subject, I simply rebooted my routeur, and all works fine, even with encryption activated. So the bottom line was, for me, each time I create a new virtual wireless interface, and change its security method, just reboot, and voila !! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: