buffer / loading time on my wireless devices.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Ambushiz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:39    Post subject: buffer / loading time on my wireless devices. Reply with quote
Hello, I'm posting to see if anybody could help me out with my little problem. I'm on Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31924 (05/02/17) and my wireless devices are acting up. I have 3 roku's that take alot of time to buffer / load apps like espn/youtube/etc. Is there anything i could do or put in certain settings in my ddwrt router. Sometimes when im on Netflix, my pictures would freeze but the sounds keeps playing.

- I have a Netgear r7000 with Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31924 (05/02/17) installed.

- My download / upload speeds = 70/7
Sponsor
nolimitz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Post a screenshot of your wireless settings. Also , which radio (2.4ghz or 5ghz) are your devIces connected to?
hubermania
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Neighbors: Run a site survey from the Status->Wireless screen and make sure you and your neighbors aren't all competing for the same Wi-Fi channel.
Walls: 2.4gHz Wi-Fi penetrates walls better than 5gHz and might perform better, since your Roku boxes are probably in different rooms/floors from your router.
Hogs: My stream-guzzling Smart TV gets its very own SSID, separate from the Wi-Fi sipping phones and tablets in the house.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: