160N v3 & openvpn firmware install?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ngriffiths
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 20:54    Post subject: 160N v3 & openvpn firmware install? Reply with quote
Has anyone been able to get the openvpn firmware installed on a Linksys 160N v3?

I've been trying to upload the NEWD K2.6 OpenVPN Small firmware (v24 build 14311) without success. My 160N is currently running the Mini Generic firmware without issue.

I do a 30/30/30 reset & then connect to 192.168.1.1 to upload the firmware using the management screen, as per instructions. The process fails after a few seconds with an error that the firmware is invalid. I am uploading the .bin file downloaded from the router database.
Sponsor
iso70x
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't get any of the new 14311 builds to upload to my 160n v3 directly from the "linksys management mode" interface. The router always displays the error you describe (invalid firmware).

I got around this problem by first flashing with an old build (the one recommended in the wiki built by eko specifically for the wrt160nv3), then once that was up and running, I used the DD-WRT web interface's firmware update function to flash up to the 14311 build.

Finally, I did a 30-30-30 just to be on the safe side so that the NVRAM was reset.

Maybe this will work for you too?
gordoncww
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same issue and the steps that worked for iso70x worked for me as well.
ngriffiths
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good to know. I've been super busy this week but i'll give it a try this weekend & post the results.

thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: