A few newbe questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Rymds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:44    Post subject: A few newbe questions Reply with quote
Hi there!
I have a few things that i have wondered about.

I have an ASUS WL-500W as a bridge client connected to my DIR-655 router but when i check the signal quality on the ASUS it only says 50%. The routers are like two meters apart with no obsticles in betwen. I have the ASUS flashed with 14438 NEWD2_std-nokaid firmware. When i check the signal on the DIR router it says 90%. Why is it so low on the ASUS?

Is there a complete manual available for all the settings with the wrt firmware?
For example if i go to the wireless settings theres an option between "bridged" or "unbridged" and i have no clue what to choose here? What is the difference?

many thanks
/R
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
For this i would start with the annoucements at the top of the broadcom forum, namely The Firmware Recommendations and Peacock FAQ, most of the info you seek is within the dd-wrt wiki and google or bing. Also for optimal signal quality, router placement and antenna alignment are crucial for this.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: