Potential for WHR-G300N v2 support?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Boulder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got my firmwares switched back to the official Buffalo firmware, now running v1.80. A quick test showed that it is faster on my setup, I get around 5.8MB/s FTP transfer rate over WDS. With dd-wrt, the speed was ~5.1MB/s.

I'll be glad to test further dd-wrt builds now that I can always go back if needed Very Happy
Sponsor
Vaevictus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 15:39    Post subject: build 15314 Reply with quote
There is a new build available for download (15314). This is the first build that I have tried, having just received my router this morning.

So far, im not that happy.

I think what was previously mentioned a couple of posts ago regarding switching from 40mhz to 20mhz is still a problem, as now I am back on 20mHz the maximum speed my clients will connect at is 54mbit. Will try a hard reset later to correct it.

I could not get 40mhz to work correctly, clients would not connect (using tenda W322U v2 300mbit usb stick) so switched back to 20mhz.

Will keep playing around and post back any success.

If anyone knows a specific build that is stable for this router and performs well in turbo mode please post it here.
Vaevictus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I have found a bug - in latest build and in build 14896.

When you set wireless security up (I used wpa2 with tkip) you immediately drop down to 54megabit. Removing the wireless security leaves you at 54megabit, requiring a reset to factory defaults if you ever want wireless N speeds again.
Vaevictus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
just found out TKIP is not supported at 150mbps speeds and you must use AES - I think the GUI should highlight this information to the user.
mcb7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
A few months back on this thread I can see that there were problems with the client bridge mode with the later builds.

Does anyone know if that is still the case? I've only just got my G300NV2 and I've put on the latest build (10-12-10-r15437) and am having trouble getting client bridge to connect with my primary AP. Before I go any further I just wondered if I'm going to have to downgrade.
Ta
mari0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm getting the same problem,
there is a client bridge (routed) is that native to the Atheros chipset builds?

I'm assuming routed means i have to configure my own routing table?

my main AP is an Asus RT-n16
Vaevictus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any news on this router? Any luck with it being stable in turbo mode?

Running it at 150mbps atm, and hate not getting the most out of it.

These are still on offer on ebuyer.com for 20 GBP by the way
natterjak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm only getting 54Mbps wireless out of this router, I guess that's because of the TKIP bug mentioned above. How do you do a factory reset to get back to N class speeds?
bigbadlemon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 19:18    Post subject: Version 2 + VPN server support? Reply with quote
Any updated firmware to get OpenVPN servers working on this device?

It's sooooo cheap on amazon - I guess that's for a reason though, eh?Sad
sausages
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:35    Post subject: Re: Version 2 + VPN server support? Reply with quote
bigbadlemon wrote:
Any updated firmware to get OpenVPN servers working on this device?

It's sooooo cheap on amazon - I guess that's for a reason though, eh?Sad

Yes I'd love OpenVPN as well. I'd be fine with installing the package, but it doesn't look like I can enable jffs either.
Vaevictus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im finding that I still need to use version 14896 if I want client-bridge to work.

Still not having much luck with turbo with that version.

Anyone else having much success with the more recent builds?
drlava
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even 14896 is buggy in client bridge mode. Once in a while the connection just drops and a reset is required. Was hoping this was fixed by now, but apparently not. I'll give OpenWRT and the latest official firmware a try before swapping this thing out.

Edit: I flashed back to the latest stock firmware using windows tftp, and it supports bridged mode (they call it W-something, at the right at the top). So far speeds are good after turning off the firewall and all filtering and then the router switch on the back, and it's STABLE which is the most important thing. For simple bridged mode, there's not much reason to use dd-wrt for this unit.
kulgenalp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 19:09    Post subject: cannot flash second file on whr-g300nv2 by DD-WRT interface Reply with quote
REPASSAC wrote:
In this folder (latest build) you will see two files

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F07-16-10-r14815%2Fbuffalo_whr_g300nv2/

The buffalo-to-dd-wrt_webflash-MULTI.bin is for flashing via the Buffalo factory interface.

The second file can be flashed by the DD-WRT interface.

There is no need to use tftp.

Advice please... I have flashed the first file, but cannot flash the second file using DD-WRT interface, says Upgrade Failed. Any ideas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: