db90h author of vxworks killer officially banned

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Striker
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:28    Post subject: Re: Who Iz Brian ? Reply with quote
GeeTek wrote:
Who the hell iz Brian ?? Do you mean BainSlayer ? Learn to read you silly dipshit Embarassed. BRAINSLAYER, as in - He is very smart and will kick yer ass with his BRAIN ! Your comparing him to George FUCKING Bush is what immediately designated you, Lexridge, as the ASS HAT of the year. You have no clue what you are talking about. DB90h was a looser from the first post he made. At the time I had my own issues with DD-WRT, and used that as a reason to stay on DB90h's ass about his George Bush like "control the world" attitude. If you take a minute to read some old postings, you will see what I mean Shocked. If DB90h was such a wizzard, he would also know how to behave himself, and would still be making $280 thousand a year as a "Low Level Windows Programmer" with Microsoft. They obviously fired him for the same stupid shit that got him banned from this web-site. DB90h, if you are reading this, FUCK YOU. I told you so 100 times !! You are a stupid fucking hill-billy from tinnie sea, and I called it first. Lexridge, you've got yer head up yer ASS. Pull it out. Idea

Why do you have to bring Bush into this? Wait, no don't answer that; I don't want some Bush rant clogging up this forum. Bush has nothing to do with DD-WRT and thus never needs to be mentioned in this forum. That's all I'm going to say on that.

As far as "asshat of the year"... look in the mirror. Seriously, you criticize Lexridge for misspelling Brain and then you do the same thing:
GeeTek wrote:
Who the hell iz Brian ?? Do you mean BainSlayer ?

And let it be known that all that messing around with the font size and color in your post is really annoying and completely unnecessary.
Sponsor
ryan8403
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not being privileged to prior disagreements had by all parties involved I would like to make the following comments for the good of the order.

-I have found DD-WRT to be far more stabler than the Linksys firmware. Especially on the v5 & v6 releases of the WRT54G.

-It has been by the work of both BrainSlayer & db90 as well as many others in the community that have made DD-WRT and the WRT54G among many other devices more usable and stabler.

However after reading what db90 had to say as well as watching how DD-WRT has developed over the past couple of years I have to say that I'm slightly concerned as well with the direction that DD-WRT could go. It does appear that you BrainSlayer (and company) are walking a very fine line.

Not being a lawyer by any means but just another techie by training (information systems management major) it does appear that you're not completely complying with the GPL. As I read and understand the GPL, starting about line 114 there reads the following paragraph:

Quote:
These requirements apply to the modified work as a whole. If
identifiable sections of that work are not derived from the Program,
and can be reasonably considered independent and separate works in
themselves, then this License, and its terms, do not apply to those
sections when you distribute them as separate works. But when you
distribute the same sections as part of a whole which is a work based
on the Program, the distribution of the whole must be on the terms of
this License, whose permissions for other licensees extend to the
entire whole, and thus to each and every part regardless of who wrote it.

I did notice in your online store that you have enabled features for the paying users that the community (who i can only imagine also contribute back to the code base in the form of enhancements and/or bug fixes) are given what I would consider a substandard or otherwise hindered version of software. Now again this is IMO and I claim no legal background but this seems like you are not complying with the GPL because naturally any features or enhancements that you make are based/derived from the original firmware which was GPL'd and cannot reside free standing. I do not agree with what sveasoft is doing and feel this is a direction that this project might be heading.
[/quote]
Herc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmmmn no response?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: