Joined: 18 Apr 2007
|Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 18:41 Post subject: New UAM project at SourceForge
I wanted to let everyone know that I had a new UAM project accepted at SourceForge. It is marked as being in the planning stage, but thats only until atleast a dozen or so people are interested in its development (As there is a base level working code available)
THE UAM CENTER
The purpose of "The UAM Center" (TUC) is twofold. The first is to create a flexible and very function rich Universal Access Method (UAM) that will work with multiple wireless hotspot managers. The second is to include/integrate associated features/functions with the UAM.
* See the Development page for more details about these functions Work with multiple hotspot/captive portal managers (Chillispot,WifiDog,DD-WRT.
* Branding - Can access different page templates depending on how it was called (Directory/cgi name) for a full branded solution
* Information can be stored in plain text, DB, or MySQL files
* Templates - Instead of hardcoded pages, they have on-the-fly information insertion or replacement
* Wi-Fi AllianceWireless Internet Service Provider roaming (WISPr) integration
* Sanitizes all data input
* CAPTCHA availability to reduce hacking
* Ability to lock a users login to the MAC or NAS id
* Default secret, secret per NAS id, secret per MAC or combination
* Localization of off-site pages/graphics for walled-garden usage
* Flexible banner rotation/tracking
* Time/Access purchase module to interface with PayPal,Neteller,Firepay,900 #, Pin Code, Scratch off Cards
* Data carryover between functions/pages
For the website, go to : http://theuamcenter.sourceforge.net/
For the mailing list, go to https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/theuamcenter-users
Hope to see you there!