Need help sharing internet across bridged network.

stratmetal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:19    Post subject: Need help sharing internet across bridged network. Reply with quote
Hi,

First let me say I'm not an expert on networking so please go easy Smile. Not sure if this should be in the 'advanced' section but please move it if it does.

I'll try to explain my network:

TP-Link WR741ND running DD-WRT (V24 PreSP2)
Connected to this we have:
-Wired: PC (Win7)
-Wired: Xbox 360

Infomark IMW-C600W
Connected to this we have:
-Wireless: Laptop PC (Win 7)
-Wireless: Laptop Mac (OSX)
-Wireless: Wii

The Infomark is a 4G/WiMax 'Personal Hot Spot' configured using WPA2 AES. Everything connected to the Infomark works fine. Each device can see eachother and can access the internet perfectly. This device is the same as the 'iSpot' which you may be familiar with but it DOES NOT have any Mac address filtering.

Now Obviously I want all the devices to be able to see each other and all devices to be able to access the internet. This is where I'm having issues.

First I tried configuring it as Client Mode following these instructions: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Mode_Wireless

That gave all devices access to internet but I couldn't ping PC's connected to the DD-WRT from PC's connected to the Infomark (I assume because they are different subnets.)

So I'm assuming I should have configured it using these instructions for Client Bridged http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged

Problem is when I try this my PC on the DD-wrt cannot connect via DHCP and it cannot see the internet or any other devices on the network. I've double checked my settings and I'm sure I followed the instructions correctly... Any ideas? Happy to supply logs etc if required. Just not sure how to at this stage.

Appreciate any help.

Regards,
Sponsor
Pied Piper
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do a hard reset and reconfigure as a client bridge. If no joy disable encryption on all devices and try again. Read the first post in this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: