Linksys E2000 / E3000 test builds here

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 74, 75, 76  Next
1888cybercide
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 16:46    Post subject: Re: Client Bridge Reply with quote
mburns1981 wrote:
I am having trouble with my two Linksys e3000, I have one set as the AP, and the other as a Client Bridge, when the client bride is powered on out of all my wireless clients one of the computers will not get an ip address by the DHCP server. If I unplug the Client bride that same computer is then able to connect to wireless.

the laptop is not connecting to the client bride but is causing an error on just this one system???

Just a thought, I'm no expert, but it occured to me that your client router may be transmitting an SSID different than your AP router if you have corruption in nvram(Happened to me before!). To find out, go to the third laptop which is having problems and check under TCP properties to see if the option: "Connect to a more preferred network" is checked. I always uncheck this option cause I live in a congestted area and I don't want to accidently connect to a neighbor's wireless.

If this works, I'd reset the client router 30/30/30 and reconfigure it.
Sponsor
calisoldier83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doremon wrote:
Okay I see what you guys mean. I was confused with the idea and been mulling between client bridge vs repeater bridge since my main goal is to be able to stream 1080P. Client bridge gives me great range when my primary Asus RT-N16 connects to one of the E2000. It's shoddy at times though due to interference so I tried switching to two E2000 in 5GHz but the range is so poor at times my second router will drop down to like 108 or even 54 Mbps forcing me to switch back to the 2.4 GHz setup. Going to try running two E2000 in repeater bridge mode just to extend range but just use it as a switch. Thanks for the responses. I'll report back here when I get the chance. Also on another note the DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega - build 14929 is a great build. In the 2.4 GHz when its working never drops during stream and is rock stable. Good work fellas.

I have an E2000 flashed to a E3000 w/ build 15962 and I could stream 1080p mkv bluray files to my WDTV with a Linksys AE1000 usb adapter in 5GHz just fine. Granted I live in an apartment, so the range is about 10ft away. I'm just happy it works without any tinkering. Now I'm debating on whether to update my router to 16454? But, since everything works perfectly, I'll wait till the next recommended release.
Doremon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
calisoldier83 wrote:

I have an E2000 flashed to a E3000 w/ build 15962 and I could stream 1080p mkv bluray files to my WDTV with a Linksys AE1000 usb adapter in 5GHz just fine. Granted I live in an apartment, so the range is about 10ft away. I'm just happy it works without any tinkering. Now I'm debating on whether to update my router to 16454? But, since everything works perfectly, I'll wait till the next recommended release.[/quote]

what build are you using?
Doremon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
also having another issue...probably just due to my lack of understanding ddwrt. when I access my system information page it will report that I am on channel 7, however my main router is actually on channel 9. I have tried numerous builds including dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-e2k-e3k.bin and the newest dd-wrt.v24-16454_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-e2k-e3k.bin and my client bridge router will always report channel 7. Another thing is that rate will always drop down to like <54 even in the 2.4 GHz standard. To make sure interference wasn't a problem I placed my client bridge router right next to the main one and still getting same connection rate and channel. anyone else having this issues or suggestions? Eventually nothing would be able to connect to the router and pretty much render it useless. I have tried numerous hard resets and manually clearing nvram in commands and still getting this same problem.
ianken
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
speedy71471 wrote:
There's 1080p and there's 1080p. Will Netflix go into 1080p mode over an N connection? Yes.

Could you stream Blu-Ray? No. It's not just the resolution, it's the encoding/compression.

SS

More precisely it's the bit-rate. BR can chug along at 25mbps quite happily and while on paper you should be able to do it, sustained at BR bit-rates is pretty much a no-go on wireless.

If you need to stream high quality content using a player that is not designed for streaming over a potentially flaky connection then you need to go wired. VLC, MPC-HC, MC7, whatever you're using will not know you're wireless. It will not buffer aggressively to smooth out network congestion.
calisoldier83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doremon wrote:
calisoldier83 wrote:

I have an E2000 flashed to a E3000 w/ build 15962 and I could stream 1080p mkv bluray files to my WDTV with a Linksys AE1000 usb adapter in 5GHz just fine. Granted I live in an apartment, so the range is about 10ft away. I'm just happy it works without any tinkering. Now I'm debating on whether to update my router to 16454? But, since everything works perfectly, I'll wait till the next recommended release.

what build are you using?[/quote]

WeeDv2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
calisoldier83 wrote:
Doremon wrote:
Okay I see what you guys mean. I was confused with the idea and been mulling between client bridge vs repeater bridge since my main goal is to be able to stream 1080P. Client bridge gives me great range when my primary Asus RT-N16 connects to one of the E2000. It's shoddy at times though due to interference so I tried switching to two E2000 in 5GHz but the range is so poor at times my second router will drop down to like 108 or even 54 Mbps forcing me to switch back to the 2.4 GHz setup. Going to try running two E2000 in repeater bridge mode just to extend range but just use it as a switch. Thanks for the responses. I'll report back here when I get the chance. Also on another note the DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega - build 14929 is a great build. In the 2.4 GHz when its working never drops during stream and is rock stable. Good work fellas.

How you flashed a E2000 to E3000? And what are the bennefits? i mean, did you find a way to a USB port or something?

Thanks!
lrgardner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 21:42    Post subject: please read - Linksys e2000 notes Reply with quote
Simply put, tomatoUSB works waaaaay better than dd-wrt on these routers, please try, and read below.

I hope you guys can make this sticky because I have been on this issue testing as a user, but my findings I think are important.

My friend has VDSL (advanced dsl, 1800 KB/sec lucky bastid...) that was based on DHCP for connection, the simplest type of internet. The Linksys E2000 could NOT route this properly in any configuration and basically acted like a switch....in the end I traded him my Buffalo WHR-g54s loaded with DD-wrt v24 (I Don't remember the build, the latest stable I think) this buffalo worked flawlessly with his setup, and every setup I had or tested this router with it was flawless and never needed a reboot.

Anyways I went to looking to how I could use the E2000 as a router for my own purposes, suspecting an open source firmware was available. I ended up turning my 2wire 2701HG-B modem/router into a modem by putting it in bridge mode because those routers are very bad at being a router. It did work with the Linksys firmware (PPPoE worked fine) but it dropped out a lot and basically was useless. Next I loaded the newest dd-wrt that was compatible with it. It did honestly work a lot better, BUT the auto configure button light (amber) would turn on after a while and back to the same situation as the stock firmware. I did see notes from the dd-wrt makers that these overheat and they had to make mods, and even some custom commands on the forum that I tried, and things I know of to try do to make it more stable(i've pretty much messed with every setting a SOHO user would need to change, and done wds with 2 dd-wrt's so i'm pretty good with setting them up). I'm not into making mods really I just like to install the software and make a few tweaks to make it do what I want it to.

In the end I picked up tomatoUSB and flashed it with it. Went in and gave it my usual settings. Totally flawless, I have not needed a reboot and the stock settings worked fine with my roommate doing netflix, me playing source games online (mid 100's ping, NOT BAD, its usually min is 30 otherwise), and girlfriend using ipod touch wirelessly (3meg DSL), all in all a very good end result. I welcome questions and challenges to my statements here.
calisoldier83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doremon wrote:

How you flashed a E2000 to E3000? And what are the bennefits? i mean, did you find a way to a USB port or something?

Thanks!

It takes advantage of the extra VRAM that is available. There is a stickied thread on how to convert it, but it requires some skill.
413x3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where can I find a list of tweaks to get the most out of the E3000? Thanks
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
413x3 wrote:
Where can I find a list of tweaks to get the most out of the E3000? Thanks

Not sure where you are going to find such info, a list of tweaks would be different per environment, so there is no set list of tweaks, you have to set it up in a way that works best for you and your environment.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Kamika007z
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:25    Post subject: Re: please read - Linksys e2000 notes Reply with quote
lrgardner wrote:
Simply put, tomatoUSB works waaaaay better than dd-wrt on these routers, please try, and read below.

I hope you guys can make this sticky because I have been on this issue testing as a user, but my findings I think are important.

My friend has VDSL (advanced dsl, 1800 KB/sec lucky bastid...) that was based on DHCP for connection, the simplest type of internet. The Linksys E2000 could NOT route this properly in any configuration and basically acted like a switch....in the end I traded him my Buffalo WHR-g54s loaded with DD-wrt v24 (I Don't remember the build, the latest stable I think) this buffalo worked flawlessly with his setup, and every setup I had or tested this router with it was flawless and never needed a reboot.

Anyways I went to looking to how I could use the E2000 as a router for my own purposes, suspecting an open source firmware was available. I ended up turning my 2wire 2701HG-B modem/router into a modem by putting it in bridge mode because those routers are very bad at being a router. It did work with the Linksys firmware (PPPoE worked fine) but it dropped out a lot and basically was useless. Next I loaded the newest dd-wrt that was compatible with it. It did honestly work a lot better, BUT the auto configure button light (amber) would turn on after a while and back to the same situation as the stock firmware. I did see notes from the dd-wrt makers that these overheat and they had to make mods, and even some custom commands on the forum that I tried, and things I know of to try do to make it more stable(i've pretty much messed with every setting a SOHO user would need to change, and done wds with 2 dd-wrt's so i'm pretty good with setting them up). I'm not into making mods really I just like to install the software and make a few tweaks to make it do what I want it to.

In the end I picked up tomatoUSB and flashed it with it. Went in and gave it my usual settings. Totally flawless, I have not needed a reboot and the stock settings worked fine with my roommate doing netflix, me playing source games online (mid 100's ping, NOT BAD, its usually min is 30 otherwise), and girlfriend using ipod touch wirelessly (3meg DSL), all in all a very good end result. I welcome questions and challenges to my statements here.

I liked Tomato a lot too and how it can reboot certain services and not the whole router every time a change is made (something I hope they add to DD-WRT soon), AJAX-based live bandwith monitoring, and the UI. What I didn't like was the following:

1. - Development is s l o w
2. - The wireless radio only performing to OEM standards and not being able to bump up the TX power effectively (It has the option, but it doesn't really work (at least on my E3000) due to "Broadcom not really allowing it because of regional-set policies").
3. - Finally, and this is my own, albiet more personal opinion, I found the developers really not all too friendly, rather a bit pretentious and cocky. At leaset the one who responded to me...

Hope this kind of makes sense! Smile
Walhalla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello guys,

i just flashed from 14929 big to 15508 mega because i have a lot of problems with the wan throughput of my 100mbit cable internet connection. I can barely max out my line. With 4 downloads i reach 50 mbit and i need at least 20 downloads to reach 87 mbit.

To get a value to compare with i flashed Tomato-E3000USB-1.28.8501MIPSR2_RAF-VPN and with 4 downloads i totally maxed out the line.

Do you guys have any ideas how to get that fixed in dd-wrt? I also cleared the NVRAM for factory defaults without any success.
lucian.jp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murdoch wrote:
I did notice that when the e2000 has a lot of connections running through it, usually with torrent traffic, packet loss starts to develop. Right now, i'm seeing if it continues with QoS rules enabled, but as it stands with no QoS running, packet loss does become an issue.

Walhalla wrote:
i just flashed from 14929 big to 15508 mega because i have a lot of problems with the wan throughput of my 100mbit cable internet connection. I can barely max out my line. With 4 downloads i reach 50 mbit and i need at least 20 downloads to reach 87 mbit.

Same here. Just to let dev know if it can increase the issue priority. That makes at least 3 of us. I guess there is really a problem there.
kushari
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 19:01    Post subject: update Reply with quote
Just wanted to let everyone know the latest version is 16754, available here:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/04-09-11-r16754/broadcom_K26/
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 74, 75, 76  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 75 of 76
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: