Linksys E2000 / E3000 test builds here

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
leftovers
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
thenay wrote:
I currently have 15778 build on my E3000, so far no issues, but if something odd started happening could I downgrade to the recommended build of 14929?

You can switch to any build from any build. Usually you dont downgrade unless there is some serious issues which would usually then be addressed in a newer release.

There are and have been exceptions to that rule...but yes you can upgrade/downgrade till the silicon melts...
Sponsor
jlw82
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
do the e3000 have any recovery interface, or do you have to use tftp if unit is bricked-
Lowen SoDium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a pair of e3000 routers that I am trying to get bridged using the 5.0Ghz radios but no build or combination of settings I have used so far seems to work for this.

It works perfect on the 2.4Ghz radios every time but never on the 5.0

Is it broken in DD-WRT right now or is there some build it does work on?
thenay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the answer Smile Good to know
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lowen SoDium wrote:
I have a pair of e3000 routers that I am trying to get bridged using the 5.0Ghz radios but no build or combination of settings I have used so far seems to work for this.

How far of link are you trying to do? If its more than about 2 rooms away, you won't have much success here. 5Ghz has no range, so it may not be how your setting it up at all because 5Ghz bridging works fine in dd-wrt, i use it right now to link an E2000 to a WRT400N.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
leftovers
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
jlw82 wrote:
do the e3000 have any recovery interface, or do you have to use tftp if unit is bricked-

it has serial port in the WAN port that can be used there is a separate thread about how to create the cable for it and use it.
Lowen SoDium
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Lowen SoDium wrote:

How far of link are you trying to do? If its more than about 2 rooms away, you won't have much success here. 5Ghz has no range, so it may not be how your setting it up at all because 5Ghz bridging works fine in dd-wrt, i use it right now to link an E2000 to a WRT400N.

I just tried it with them both in the same room and it still doesn't work.

I don't have anything else that uses 5.0Ghz so I don't know if the AP is not working or the Client, but when I do a site survey from the client, it can not see the AP.
wats6831
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
of course they can't see the AP. You need a 5 ghz client.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
5ghz site survey does not work (broadcom) last I knew & tested.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:19    Post subject: Flashing E3000 Reply with quote
Hello Guys, I am new to this DD-WRT thing.
I have a Linksys E3000 And would like to flash it with Dd-WRT software so I can work with Strong VPN, but the thing is I am not sure how to do it and which Build should I use .
Any Help guys, Appreciate all the info . Thanks in advance.
ilkevinli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is anyone using a E3000 having a problem with Remote Admin using HTTPS ? When I enable it, it will work for about 15 minutes. After that it stops working and the only way to get it working again is to reboot the router. I am using verions 15508 Thanks
theonlybabyface
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
ilkevinli wrote:
Is anyone using a E3000 having a problem with Remote Admin using HTTPS ? When I enable it, it will work for about 15 minutes. After that it stops working and the only way to get it working again is to reboot the router. I am using verions 15508 Thanks

Yup. Happens to me too...
ilkevinli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the confirmation ! Im trying 14929 now to see if it still happens.

How do we report the bug ?

theonlybabyface wrote:
ilkevinli wrote:

Yup. Happens to me too...
unseen79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hardware

2x Linksys E2000 flashed with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega (192.168.1.10 and .20 /24 respectively)

1x Verizon Fios Router (192.168.1.1 /24)

I have one E2K in AP mode and the other in CB (client bridge) mode; they see eachother on wireless N 5ghz and are connected in the status screen.

My computer is wired into the AP, the CB is in the next room. I can access the CB config and ping it UNTIL i plug my AP into my main router which has my ISP connection. I previously had this working for the past week but it all of a sudden stopped working and I hadn't changed anything.

As soon as i plug into my ISP router I can no longer get to my client bridge router via ping or web gui, even though I still see them connected on my AP web gui.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

edit: i've tried 30/30/30 reset and reconfigure and still the same issue. I can't find anything on my ISP router which would cause this either.
contentwhores
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 17:40    Post subject: Re: Flashing E3000 Reply with quote
medlines wrote:
Hello Guys, I am new to this DD-WRT thing.
I have a Linksys E3000 And would like to flash it with Dd-WRT software so I can work with Strong VPN, but the thing is I am not sure how to do it and which Build should I use .
Any Help guys, Appreciate all the info . Thanks in advance.

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E3000

Good luck!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 74, 75, 76  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 57 of 76
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: