Support for Cisco-Linksys E2100L?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
Does it have 60k nvram (like e2000 and e3000) or normal 32k.

If it has 60k, then it is not safe to flash this experimental build.

this is no broadcom device. its a WRT160NL with 64 MB ram. the rest is the same. so no need to concern about nvram size. on atheros build the nvram is controlled by dd-wrt and not by the bootloader

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
any results?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I downloaded the flash in hopes that they would have this unit at a local shop, however they do not, they are only carrying the E2000 and E3000 and still WRT160NL, so i cannot test this for now.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
froggy34
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
any results?

I just installed it and it runs beautifully!!
All i did was d/l it and then put it in the upgrade section and it came out perfect! And it increased my speed from Comcast from 3mb down to 10mb down!
alex9025
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
seems to be working like a charm!

EDIT:
found a possible bug, and the router wont get an IP address unless I go to MAC cloning and resave the settings. I have MAC cloning enabled.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
alex9025 wrote:

EDIT:
found a possible bug, and the router wont get an IP address unless I go to MAC cloning and resave the settings. I have MAC cloning enabled.

Most likely not a bug, you use a cable isp?

Edit: most of the time, your ISP will want the MAC that you setup the connection with, thus why the option is even in there to begin with.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
alex9025
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
alex9025 wrote:

EDIT:

Most likely not a bug, you use a cable isp?

Edit: most of the time, your ISP will want the MAC that you setup the connection with, thus why the option is even in there to begin with.

The thing is that, my old wrt54GL with DD-WRT used mac cloning as well, since I didnt want to loose my IP that i got with the mac address of an old pc which I no longer have. so I was using the option for a few years now. but on the E2100L after a router reboot it just sits there without IP address, I have to go to the admin panel and hit apply. then it gets the IP within seconds.
larrys
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Worked like a charm. I'm glad to be free of a neutered router with a little bit more power. Thanks!
mcargile
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Worked great.
mcargile
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
The mod script from this site works great on this unit as well:

http://wrt160nl.org/

though I think I am going to modify it a bit.
mcargile
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I take that back. When I sshed into the router this morning it had the partitions on the USB disk mounted multiple times, and the load on the routers was very high. Disabling the script and rebooting fixed that. I think I might try and merge this with the OptWare script for the Broadcom based routers.
sacrob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer i see you stating that there is an expiremental release however i am not seeing the link. Am i missing something or has the link been removed?

EDIT: sorry after properly logging in i was able to see the download link.
dtemp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someone should update the main ddwrt site to have this in the router database (http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database). Currently there's nothing for the E2100L. Since betas are posted there it seems appropriate.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will most likely be added soon, this is more less a test run, pretty sure the admins here wanna make sure the support is fairly solid before they add this.

dtemp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just installed BrainSlayer's build on my E2100L (coming from the Linksys 1.0.02 firmware) and all indications so far is that it is working well. Did the 30/30/30 reset before and after upgrading from the web interface.

Note I'm just using my unit as an AP and thus cannot test the routing or DHCP server services.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: