Support for Cisco-Linksys E2100L?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
mcargile
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I may have found a potential problem with this build. When I insert a usb thumb drive into the usb port it mounts the drive just fine, but on a reboot the thumb drive does not mount automatically. I have to manually mount the thumb driver, or take it out and put it back in. I do not think that this is intended behavior, but I could be mistaken.

I have tried adding a mount command to the router startup script, but that does not seem to work either. I have a feeling this is because the usb drivers have not loaded yet. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Sponsor
d0cx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
has somebody else tested this BS build?
w1dg3t
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just installed this on two different E2100L's

I cannot change the TX Power through the advanced wireless settings checkbox! I'm stuck at 16dBm on one and 14dBm on the other (same model), and when I change it, it changes the value in the box but it doesn't update on the wireless status page. It remains at 16 and 14dBm. Whats the problem here? And why are the two reporting differently?
ericand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is this build just a relabel of a 160NL build, or is it modified in some way?

Do I need to load the linksys-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin for the 160NL before loading the e2100l-firmware.bin?

I am interested in setting up a build environment to allow me to experiment with the e2100L.
d0cx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
ericand wrote:

Do I need to load the linksys-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin for the 160NL before loading the e2100l-firmware.bin?

I am interested in setting up a build environment to allow me to experiment with the e2100L.

you can flash the e2100l-firmware.bin directly using the stock firmware upgrade tab.

i tried to set a repeater bridge on this router/firmware but for some reason, i could connect successfully but i wasn't getting IP from the DHCP server which is a DIR-615 E1. i tried the same procedure with a E2000 and it worked beautifully with the DIR-615 E1.
ericand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
The link for the Linksys GPL release of their firmware load that was posted earlier seems to be bad now.

Does anyone have have a link that works, or do I need to make my own GPL request to Linksys?
ericand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
d0cx wrote:
ericand wrote:

you can flash the e2100l-firmware.bin directly using the stock firmware upgrade tab.

i tried to set a repeater bridge on this router/firmware but for some reason, i could connect successfully but i wasn't getting IP from the DHCP server which is a DIR-615 E1. i tried the same procedure with a E2000 and it worked beautifully with the DIR-615 E1.

Thanks! The direct flash is surprising to me since the e2100L is supposed to be a memory enhanced version of the 160NL.

Can anyone describe what is different between the two models that removes the need for the linksys-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin step from the upgrade process for the E2100L?
larrys
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
ericand wrote:
The link for the Linksys GPL release of their firmware load that was posted earlier seems to be bad now.

Does anyone have have a link that works, or do I need to make my own GPL request to Linksys?

I found that the link does not work in Chrome, but works in Firefox...
ericand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm sorry, I was unclear. The link to filehosting.org works, but I can't get the file from there. I submit my email to get the download link, and when I use it, filehosting.org says:

Error
The file is not available. Please try again later

This is along with some German spam for some sort of anti-virus scanner.

That is what I meant when I said the link was bad.
ericand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I put in a GPL request with Linksys and they were reasonably prompt in providing a link to an archive of the source.
harkay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 20:44    Post subject: instructions Reply with quote
hello everyone,
first of all thanks to all of you on this thread and the whole ddwrt community. from what i have read and came to know, it is an awesome firmware. my gratitude is to all the open source community.
secondly, i am pretty new to ddwrt as my old router is not supported. i finally bought this e2100l router and very much would like to install ddwrt firmware. however i did not find a wiki page on specific instructions. i'd be glad if someone can point me to the correct direction.
I have a fair knowledge on installing custom firmwares, most of my electronics have custom firmwares on them.
i read the peacock thread but how much of the information there is relevant, i don't know. it said it is for broadcom only and i believe e2100l has atheros card (?).
So if possible please post a condensed how to or a wiki link. I believe that will be useful not only to me but also to new enthusiasts hoping to get this awesome firmware.
all of you are doing a great job. thanks for that and keep doing what you're doing.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:18    Post subject: Re: instructions Reply with quote
harkay wrote:
hello everyone,
first of all thanks to all of you on this thread and the whole ddwrt community. from what i have read and came to know, it is an awesome firmware. my gratitude is to all the open source community.
secondly, i am pretty new to ddwrt as my old router is not supported. i finally bought this e2100l router and very much would like to install ddwrt firmware. however i did not find a wiki page on specific instructions. i'd be glad if someone can point me to the correct direction.
I have a fair knowledge on installing custom firmwares, most of my electronics have custom firmwares on them.
i read the peacock thread but how much of the information there is relevant, i don't know. it said it is for broadcom only and i believe e2100l has atheros card (?).
So if possible please post a condensed how to or a wiki link. I believe that will be useful not only to me but also to new enthusiasts hoping to get this awesome firmware.
all of you are doing a great job. thanks for that and keep doing what you're doing.

On page 1 of this post there is a test build, download it, and you should be able to flash from the linksys webgui. Make sure to reset your router to defaults first from within the linksys firmware before flashing. Then set your pc to a static ip of 192.168.1.5, and open up your browser to http://192.168.1.1 and select the test build file for the firmware upgrade. Then flash, wait about 5 to 6 mins. Then i usually do a reset to defaults from within dd-wrt 1 more time to assure integrity, once in dd-wrt, reaccess at 192.168.1.1, go to the adminstration tab > Factory Defaults, set that, then point browser once again to 192.168.1.1 set a user/pass and then set settings and enjoy. I will try to edit in a wiki entry to the info (new and improved) later.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
harkay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 16:43    Post subject: Re: instructions Reply with quote
buddee wrote:

On page 1 of this post there is a test build, download it, and you should be able to flash from the linksys webgui. Make sure to reset your router to defaults first from within the linksys firmware before flashing. Then set your pc to a static ip of 192.168.1.5, and open up your browser to http://192.168.1.1 and select the test build file for the firmware upgrade. Then flash, wait about 5 to 6 mins. Then i usually do a reset to defaults from within dd-wrt 1 more time to assure integrity, once in dd-wrt, reaccess at 192.168.1.1, go to the adminstration tab > Factory Defaults, set that, then point browser once again to 192.168.1.1 set a user/pass and then set settings and enjoy. I will try to edit in a wiki entry to the info (new and improved) later.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. i will give it a shot later today and let you know how it goes. thanks again.
ericand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just hooked up a serial port to the E2100L. I used a Schmart Board 710-0001-01 RS232 module ($15 from SchmartBoard.com) and a USB to serial converter.

The SchmartBoard is nominally a 5v converter, but it seems to be working just fine with the E2100L.

I'm only talking to the default firmware at the moment. I was hesitant to try out the dd-wrt version provided earlier in this thread until I had the console up and running.

Now that I have the console, I'll be trying the build provided here, and then attempt to build my own.
ericand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have upgraded to the DD-WRT build, and I can see on the console that it is running. However, the console is requiring me to login and the web interface is indicating that:

"Authorization required. please note that the default username is "root" in all newer releases"

Where can I find out what the default root password is?

I've done some searching in the forum and wiki but I have not found it yet. Pointers and answers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: