Support for Cisco-Linksys E2100L?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
ericand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I have figured it out.

I had to reset the router after upgrading. That allowed the default root passwd of admin to be reinstalled.

After resetting, the router went back to the 192.168.1.1 address with the default login credentials.
Sponsor
YouEatLard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had the same issue on my E2100L, but now it's working fine. Keep up the great work guys.

On a side note.... if any of Cisco's engineers read this.... while form is nice... REMEMBER FUNCTION! I had to carve a fair amount of plastic out from around the RP-SMA's to get any of my aftermarket antenna's to fit. The WRT-54G's might not have been pretty, but.... they were perfection (in many cases) otherwise.
woodendogwonder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firmware in this thread works for me on E2100L... now to the donations page
TheRedeemer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:04    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote
Thanks for making builds for the E2100L. I finally ditched the old wrt54g v1.1 in favor of modern hardware. Its been running smoothly for days. Monetary donation submitted.
AboveTheLogic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
this may be a bit off the wall, but has anyone attempted to run a cellular air card off the USB port on this router?
majikman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
awesome! it installed like a charm!

however, i am finding what appears to be problem. when i click on Wiviz Survey, it seems to crash my wireless. I can still connect to the router via cat5, but the wireless won't work again unless i restart it.
yousaf465
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone tried a 3G modem on this router as it was possible on wrt 160NL
AboveTheLogic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been trying with a Verizon USB760 for about a week with no luck, but this is my first time trying to get a USB modem to work with DDWRT, so it may be my settings, although I've tried lots of different settings from a few sources.
yousaf465
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
did you asked here ?
AboveTheLogic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did some searching around and found various settings, but didn't ask specifically here because the topic has been covered. I've somewhat pushed the project aside for the moment, I might have some time to try again in a little while.
rocker2344
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:34    Post subject: USB mounting Reply with quote
I am glad that DD-WRT now supports my new wireless-n router.

Problem

but i am sad that i can not get my 1tb external hard drive to mount. i tried a router reboot, unplugging and replugging, and mount -a via ssh. All to no avail. i got the firmware from the router database. which is better the one from the database or the one on this forum?
and if they are almost the same (they different in size by 0.1mb at this current time, router database being the larger one)
what can i do to make this work

End Problem Help Solve, the rest just story telling ^_^

P.S. this is my second router i wanted Pure wireless-n. i have 2 working routers 1 spews out g the other, n. so i want to know how would i set this up
Cable box -> E2100l -> wrt300n v1 (i kno wrt300n story later)
what would be the settings to do this right? wireless g has to be wep.... FUCKIN NINTENDO WII AND DS

-----Story of how a great router is now a wireless g router----
My mother went shopping for our first wireless router, why? we got our second computer. we still had a windows 98 with 15gb on two hard drives (FUCK YEA LOTS OF SPACE) she called me saying "WRT300n, sounds good, for $60" i confirm the price online while she was in best buy, that router sold for well over $150. i told her to fucking buy nao, and in Florida if the item is labeled at that price (even a mistake) they must sell it to you at the marked price. so we got a router that spews N! but a laptop that supports g. we did not get our first n device till 3-4 years later. that is when it happened. A crashing noise from the second floor to the first. i see before my eyes a still semi-together router. the thing still worked but it dropped connections like no tomorrow, it somehow lost support of mixed channels, so only b, g, or n.
metallic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone tried to use a DD-wrt flashed E2100 as a repeater? Any success?

I'm looking for a new N-router that I can use exclusively as a repeater, was thinking E2100. Any other suggestions? I tried a DIR-615C and could never make it work.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
metallic wrote:
Has anyone tried to use a DD-wrt flashed E2100 as a repeater? Any success?

I'm looking for a new N-router that I can use exclusively as a repeater, was thinking E2100. Any other suggestions? I tried a DIR-615C and could never make it work.

Yes and yes.

Also, you are aware the atheros doesn't have "repeater" mode like broadcom does, right?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
jaredbo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you advise me on how you set up your Linksys E2100L as a repeater? I am attempting to use an E2100L as a wireless repeater.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
jaredbo wrote:
Can you advise me on how you set up your Linksys E2100L as a repeater? I am attempting to use an E2100L as a wireless repeater.

Yes, follow the guides in the wiki for linking routers, also in the link in my sig called Atheros Reference, there is a linked discussion of how to do Atheros 'repeater' mode using client mode instead.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: