Support for Cisco-Linksys E2100L?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
jaredbo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really apologize, but can you re-list the steps for me?? I am really struggling with the Atheros chipset. Do I need to complete the preparation, configuration, and client tasks that are about halfway down the page before completing the updated Client Mode tasks. It is kind of confusing because I completed the updated task of Clinet Mode and the router was unable to connect to my primary router. Thank you very much for your help and time.
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
jaredbo wrote:
I really apologize, but can you re-list the steps for me?? I am really struggling with the Atheros chipset. Do I need to complete the preparation, configuration, and client tasks that are about halfway down the page before completing the updated Client Mode tasks. It is kind of confusing because I completed the updated task of Clinet Mode and the router was unable to connect to my primary router. Thank you very much for your help and time.

You would want to follow the wiki guide for linking routers, using client mode, and yes i know that tut is for broadcom, it still applies, follow that guide and then once you have it setup and talking to each other, you can then create a virtual interface in the wireless section of the gui so that wireless clients can connect to it. The best way to start out is link them with no wireless security, then when you get them up and running, you can implement security of some sort.

Edit: also, obviously, one of the units is a E2100L but what other router(s) are being used here?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
GoingOffRoading
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excellent thread guys... I've read the wiki articles and my new E2100L will arrive tomorrow.

I'll be sure to leave feedback as well as a donation once I get DD-WRT installed.

Any tips other than whats been mentioned before?

Also has anybody left like a 1tb HD attached to the USB as a form of NAS? Any success with it? I'm hoping to figure out a way for the drive to spin down when not in use (so I can leave the thing plugged in 24/7 without it eating juice/shelf life).

Thanks!
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
GoingOffRoading wrote:
Excellent thread guys... I've read the wiki articles and my new E2100L will arrive tomorrow.

I'll be sure to leave feedback as well as a donation once I get DD-WRT installed.

Any tips other than whats been mentioned before?

Also has anybody left like a 1tb HD attached to the USB as a form of NAS? Any success with it? I'm hoping to figure out a way for the drive to spin down when not in use (so I can leave the thing plugged in 24/7 without it eating juice/shelf life).

Thanks!

I don't have a 1TB, but i do use a 320GB drive with my USB, one thing i will note to you is don't expect to much with it. USB router ports are somewhat slow due to hardware limitations of the CPU and architecture. And this applies to all routers in general, not to just this one.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
GoingOffRoading
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've read just about all of the reviews on network drives on NewEgg.com and I understand consumer level NAS anything is about as slow as it gets.

I won't be streaming movies or anything but it will be slick to be able to share a large disk.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well it shouldn't be to much of a problem to stream media from the drive. Atleast i can do it with my wrt160nl, the e2100L is supposed to be a little better with more RAM than the wrt160nl (64MB vs 32MB on the 160nl), otherwise the same hardware.

But i mean for something like doing whole server backups every night type stuff, no it won't do that well at all.

jaredbo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Edit: also, obviously, one of the units is a E2100L but what other router(s) are being used here?[/quote]

My primary router being used is a Westell model 7500. Thank you for your help, I think it is up and running now.
yousaf465
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Well it shouldn't be to much of a problem to stream media from the drive. Atleast i can do it with my wrt160nl, the e2100L is supposed to be a little better with more RAM than the wrt160nl (64MB vs 32MB on the 160nl), otherwise the same hardware.

But i mean for something like doing whole server backups every night type stuff, no it won't do that well at all.

Talking of NAS what the performance of WNDR 3700 with external HD ? It is also a Atheros router.
onyourmark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 16:04    Post subject: Re: instructions Reply with quote
This is the Link that will answer all your questions about the E2100L. http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2100L
gsere
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 18:45    Post subject: Latest firmware Reply with quote
Yes, but this doc is not up to date. The latest firmware is not what it says.

As a recomendation, follow the instructions on this document but use the firmware from
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

But the very latest firmware seems to are there:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/

BTW, I could not make pppoe works on any of this and the newer ones (16785,16994) gave errors in the upload process.

I put back the linksys 1.0.04 and everything works fine, even pppoe.
sigmax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 13:29    Post subject: I can CONFIRM that PPPOE is NOT working on DD-WRT Reply with quote
I've been waiting for a new release (beta or otherwise) for E2100L with PPPoE in working condition.

I understand that DD-WRT is a gift, free upgrade and update for these domestic-like routers, and there is no kind of obligation or anything like that from the developers.

But please consider:

1) I, at least, would pay for a working PPPoE version, and NTFS samba share compatibility.

2) What is the point of releasing anything, if it is broken. Not only on the first version, but all subsequent ones.

3) PPPoE sounds like quite important for an ADSL router ... so it definitely (for me) mangles the effort of the whole work put into this model, not to have it working at all.

I tried all DD-WRT versions for E2100L ... none worked with PPPoE. I install linksys firmware 1.0.0.4 and works fine.

Regards,

SigmaX Sad
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Build 17201 will work in repeater mode, Throughput was rather low (24 - 11)kbps but maybe that is do to the lack of quality signal from host router.

Tran / Recv errors were very low if any, it can be difficult to get into this build.

Reverted back to 16785 did not like the low signal, then again maybe the host router was moved to the bottom of a fish tank or something, put 15704 and have no internet only limited and am totally locked out - its got to go but am not up to shlepping up to the attic.

might try 16785 again but I did see 17201 work rather well up to a point, never did clarify it was the build or issues with the host.
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update 15704 issue resolved and working well.

this build works well in Client Bride mode as repeater. Had to dump the little antennas and add one bi-quad "it's rough" if I only had an N-Connector and some lmr 240 and a 8 dbi dipole. All that to pull in a signal from the bottom of a fish tank 79dbi at about 60 ft.

Works well about 3 mbps down and 2 mbps up much better then the 726 dbps service in the house - to be honest I never would thought bell even offered a less then 1 mbps dsl service, must of been grandfathered in.

buddee Thanks for the Atheros thread on what works well! Tried a few gave some feed back - One thing with this build is it is reporting a different mac for the main ap - the last octet actually 7 and this build reports it as 6 "curious" I ran into issue trying to telnetenable.exe so I could reboot the wrg614v9 host router as I did not want to bother my neighbor , figures the only router I ever seen with no reboot tab.

cheers
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed r1800 So Far So Good! here is the link to the build thread with my settings.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=148172&start=45

Successfully had 17201 but with low transfer rates and site survey would crash with Firefox. Seemed to be a connection issue but moved to 15706 that build seemed pretty good but the signal strength had issues for more my applications, also the site survey did not reflect changes in antenna movement.

Cheers[/url]
GB49
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thomas007,

Did you flash from 17201 to 18000 using the router webgui or tftp?

I have a 2100L running 17201 with no major problems except for Tx errors but very small amount. I might do 18000 since it seems like the 2100L may work a little better with it.

Thanks,
GB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: