Support for Cisco-Linksys E2100L?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
No I flashed from 15704 - I posted a link to my post in the r1800 build thread.

Factory Reset, 30/30/30, reboot then I flashed r1800 from the GUI.

To bad every one is gun shy now! This build is the best one for the E2100L IMHO.

cheers

The reset button is on the bottom - I had the router apart a few times before I noticed it! The initial dd-wrt flash was done only using the factory reset tab in the oem fw, power off, then reboot and finally flashed the recommended build, bump there a new build on the block for this router.
Sponsor
GB49
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds good. I think I'll do my 2100 as soon as I get a chance.
Here is the official DDWRT FTP for all the releases. Look at the time stamp for the latest. Go to the next level and search for 2100.
BS 18007 is latest as of 12-15-11, 8:52AM EST.

Good luck!
-GB
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Right now I am sticking with r1800 as it is producing great result for my CBR setup. I am trying to find the best settings with QOS and the antenna gain. I currently use a bi-quad and a 8 dbi external antenna - the 8 dbi antenna is more like 6 dbi instead of the specked 8 dbi on the box and the bi-quad is rough - Did not use a N connector or quality LMR cable but straight soldered it with a copper nipple and a section of the cheap single shielded cable, which is assembled to the store purchase 8 / 6 dbi antenna.

Actually at the E2100L / wireless bridge I get all of the bandwidth the host router can pump out but 60 - 75% of that is lost between my wireless connection from the basement to the E2100L in the attic.

cheers

O I did grab the the new release yesterday just to have it available!

I have not tested pppoe or auto dns on the 1800 as I do not have need of these setting right now, but the client bridge routed works like a charm.
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
QOS with up link and down link speed set to gaming mode helps with the throughput using r1800 in C.B.M.

Cheers
sigmax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 17:33    Post subject: E2100L firmware 18024: PPPoE ? Reply with quote
thomas007 wrote:

I have not tested pppoe or auto dns on the 1800 as I do not have need of these setting right now, but the client bridge routed works like a charm.

Please if anyone tests this latest firmware with pppoe to see if it is fixed, I would like very much to read about it Smile Also, out of curiosity ... does the NAS / USB Hard disk support work on DD-WRT ? if so ... which fs does it support ? NTFS ?

Regards,

SigmaX
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
You might want to check out the build thread as it will provide a detailed scope of the specific build.

I do believe the r1800 has working usb, check the thread for confirmation.

cheers
dmulk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
My original post: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=665507#665507

I guess I should have posted this question here:

I have 2 E2100L routers which work fine with my Static assigned DSL settings using the stock Linksys firmware.

Since I have 2 of these routers I'm certain it's not hardware because both behave the same way with DD-WRT installed and both work correctly with stock firmware.

I've tried the most recent 5 versions of DD-WRT listed under the FTP site for this router and none of them allow me to route traffic across the WAN. The LAN switching functions work, but I'm not even able to ping the Router's public IP from the LAN side.

I've performed numerous 15/15/15 resets as well as a 30/30/30 (but it's 15 for this router)

Does anyone have this router working successfully with an ATT STATIC DSL line?

Is there anything I need to confirm or check?

Thanks for any help.

<D>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:33    Post subject: Mega E2100l Reply with quote
hi everybody, someone know which ddwrt mega works well with Linksys E2100l?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:28    Post subject: Re: Mega E2100l Reply with quote
opethlok wrote:
hi everybody, someone know which ddwrt mega works well with Linksys E2100l?

This unit doesn't use mega builds, mega is broadcom only, you should refer to the wiki if you are doing the initial flash.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2100L

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
opethlok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:39    Post subject: Re: Mega E2100l Reply with quote
buddee wrote:

This unit doesn't use mega builds, mega is broadcom only, you should refer to the wiki if you are doing the initial flash.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2100L

Thanks buddee already have my router with DDWRT and works fine (i wanted tested the DDWRT Mega), only i need configure it for sharing my HDD, but i read if i have my HDD with NTFS isn't possible. Sorry for my english is not the best=P
GB49
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just updated to r18024 on an E2100 I maintain for the local airport. So far it is working much better than r17201.
I'm using the same tweaked ACK 800, RTC/CTS enabled settings and bumped to 21dBm. After 2 days there are 0 Tx and 0 Rx errors (17201 was always showing Tx errors). And the Tx power on the status page now shows 21dBm.

The folks at the airport and myself are quite pleased with this router thus far and I can only hope that the future firmware will work as well, whenever such an update is released (slight poke Razz to the devs for new version soon!!!)

-GB
dimka935
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:19    Post subject: Setting Up E2100L Reply with quote
Folks I am new to DD-WRT. While I am trying to set up E2100L by following instructions I seem to be getting stuck in the very begining. I am unable to set IP to static since instructions state same Gateway and router's addresses. I do not want to mess it up. Will it work if I just issue a different address for the router?
chronossc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someone have used some new build? I have 18000 and this one is pretty unstable on hard wifi transfers. Thinking to update to last one, r20453. Someone did?
chronossc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:25    Post subject: build 20453 works good Reply with quote
So I tested an 20453 is working pretty good. Transfered around 38G of data via wifi and any tx or rx errors.
chronossc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
For records, I'm using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/11/13) std - build 20675. One user of e2100l asked me:

"After updating serve the 4 LAN ports and the WAN port of the router?"

Well, both are working very well but recently I a have weird issue.

Suddenly Wifi and WAN port stopped to work. Reconfiguring both in many ways, just not worked, so I decided to reset configuration via DD-WRT interface.

After reconfig WAN port worked, reconfiguring Wifi also worked. I tested restoring old backup and it also have issues, so I reset again and do my configuration again.

It is working without problems since it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: