AsRock G10 miniDLNA problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 17:19    Post subject: AsRock G10 miniDLNA problem Reply with quote
Hi

I have the following problem:

Last working build 14.01.2018

After this build miniDLNA was not working. I updated till 23.05.2018 build and stopped after that cos the problem still appears in this build and my router got bricked after every second firmware upgrade.

Can anyone confirm if with newest build 29.06.2018 the miniDlna issue is fixed?

So far I can see the miniDLNA Sever but it always shows empty folder. However, the network hardrive is visible and works good just the miniDLNA does not work.

Hope to get some help.
Sponsor
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
No help or information available?
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys I need help? Does anyone can test if with newest build DLNA works?

I am really frustrated...
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why is no one willing to help?
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
FireStorm@ wrote:

Latest BS_r36808M [08/30/18] tis worky ok ..... I don't have an AsRockG10 and don't see many come thru here
but miniDNLA works fine on the WNDR3700v4 and also the EA8500.
On the EA8500 I also have samba setup to access the same directories to delete or move files.
I'm using a 500 GB 2.5" laptop disk formated Ext4 via SATA/USB converter adapter.
FireStorm@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
FireStorm@ wrote:

Latest BS_r36808M [08/30/18] tis worky ok ..... I don't have an AsRockG10 and don't see many come thru here
but miniDNLA works fine on the WNDR3700v4 and also the EA8500.
On the EA8500 I also have samba setup to access the same directories to delete or move files.
I'm using a 500 GB 2.5" laptop disk formated Ext4 via SATA/USB converter adapter.

Thank you, yes I can confirm now miniDLNA works. However, I do not know why but with my router it is always risky to update as the chance of bricking the router is very high. So I upgraded to newest firmware and it got bricked. I had to do a workaround and make the router run again and then upgrade again. It is like 50:50 chance of getting bricked. I use always LAN connection to upgrade. Actually if this version turns out to be stable I won't upgrade anymore as I got really frustrated with this router anyway and its upgrade problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: