TP-Link WR741ND Firmware.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Valkart
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I have a TL-WR741ND v2.4 and I'm having trouble setting my router properly as an AP. The setup is this:

Internet >> ADSL Modem (Speedtouch 510): Dynamic IP >> Router TL-WR741ND (Connects to the modem by PPPoE) >> Devices.

I tried by activating, deactivating and alterning DHCP on router and modem, but the network stops working after a minute and I get Limited connectivity, also, I can't go to internet even on wired connection to the router. I tried with the v24 PreSP2 beta builds 15778 and 21061 (this one keeps all leds on and I don't know why). Also, I already did this with no success: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Modem_-_Connection_to_Router

I want to use dd wrt to be able to spoof the wireless mac address for my Nintendo 3DS to use the streetpass relay at home and share the modem's Internet connection for my family without the network hanging off. What can I do? I don't know much about network protocols and such. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Valkart
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Valkart wrote:
Hi, I have a TL-WR741ND v2.4 and I'm having trouble setting my router properly as an AP. The setup is this:

Internet >> ADSL Modem (Speedtouch 510): Dynamic IP >> Router TL-WR741ND (Connects to the modem by PPPoE) >> Devices.

I tried by activating, deactivating and alterning DHCP on router and modem, but the network stops working after a minute and I get Limited connectivity, also, I can't go to internet even on wired connection to the router. I tried with the v24 PreSP2 beta builds 15778 and 21061 (this one keeps all leds on and I don't know why). Also, I already did this with no success: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Modem_-_Connection_to_Router

I want to use dd wrt to be able to spoof the wireless mac address for my Nintendo 3DS to use the streetpass relay at home and share the modem's Internet connection for my family without the network hanging off. What can I do? I don't know much about network protocols and such. Thanks in advance.

Nobody knows? I tried with the latest build (Installed 22118, done the 30-30-30 reset and configure properly the router as the wiki said) and still nothing. When a third device connects, the network drops to Limited and I can't even enter the dd-wrt's Web GUI, not even via Ethernet. Which is the most stable build that can work with PPPoE connection and handling more than three devices? Thanks in advance.
Valkart
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I managed to get the connection running properly, but now the wireless network "dissapears" like an hour or two after being online. No devices can't detect it and to get it back I have to power cycle the router, or use wired connection to go to the control panel and apply settings on wireless tab, which is weird. What can I do? I'll upload my settings. Thanks in advance
nzer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the following router and the following build installed on it.

Quote:
Router Model TP-Link TL-WR741ND v1

Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) std - build 22118

I have a VPN service with astrill and would like to put their VPN page on to it.

http://wiki.astrill.com/index.php/Astrill_Setup_Manual:Getting_started_with_DD-WRT_firmware_for_routers

The problem is the std DD-WRT build I have does not allow this. Is there a way to get the Big or Mega or Openvpn or VPN edition firmware onto this router??

This router has 4mb Flash mem, which is enough for OpenVPN, but I cannot find a build that allows this.
donphillipe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 22:59    Post subject: Polishing up my sledge hammer Reply with quote
I have now owned this TP-LINK WR741ND(ES) router for nearly 2 years and tried every release of dd-wrt that was offered. I've owned it since it is new.

just wanted to allow the community to join with me this evening and perhaps pop-a-top as I ceremoniously lay this beast to rest. I finally gave up with this thing and all the lockups. About 72 hours is the record before the wireless locks up or stops broadcasting. But no more frustration and no more hours wasted. The ethernet switch works great but who needs a switch this large.

Actually I am going to crack open the case and see if I can salvage the antenna. The rest is going under hammer in a few minutes!

Smile Hasta la vista baby Wink
melquiferreira
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 23:07    Post subject: Re: Polishing up my sledge hammer Reply with quote
donphillipe wrote:
I have now owned this TP-LINK WR741ND(ES) router for nearly 2 years and tried every release of dd-wrt that was offered. I've owned it since it is new.

just wanted to allow the community to join with me this evening and perhaps pop-a-top as I ceremoniously lay this beast to rest. I finally gave up with this thing and all the lockups. About 72 hours is the record before the wireless locks up or stops broadcasting. But no more frustration and no more hours wasted. The ethernet switch works great but who needs a switch this large.

Actually I am going to crack open the case and see if I can salvage the antenna. The rest is going under hammer in a few minutes!

Smile Hasta la vista baby Wink

I use Gargoyle 1.5.10. This solved all wifi bugs. (WR740N_v4.23 - WPA2-AES, 40mhz, 16dbi tx power).

Edit: bugs already unsolved Sad

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:51    Post subject: New build Reply with quote
After a little pause at this threat i would like a ask if someone tried new builds ( like r23919 - which have very positive feedback) on TL-WR741ND 4.21 ?

Thank you!
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:50    Post subject: Re: New build Reply with quote
Foruman wrote:
i would like a ask if someone tried new builds ( like r23919

Try it without fear, works great
minhhan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:34    Post subject: 741ND v4.x Reply with quote
Yes! Latest Beta Firmware is the best Solution for 741ND Crying or Very sad Very Happy
Thiago Batista
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:03    Post subject: r24461 in wr741nd v4 Reply with quote
hello, someone uses the version r24461 in WR741ND v4? could report bugs? thank you
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
no1chan wrote:
Can I simply using upgrade function and select the firmware from tplink?

You will brick your router
Before going back to Stock use webflash bin from build r24160 very stable for your router here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=261498&start=0

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all, I just installed it on my ddwrt tplink, to make it work as wireless repeater, I followed the directions made ​​here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge modifying some step as requested in Atheros section (because I was not in the window settings "repeater bridge"), so now "maybe" everything works except for one thing: Do not allow me to change the channel, limits me to channel 1 (I had to adapt the main router to channel 1)

Thanks for all
evanzulli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 22:35    Post subject: Ports Reply with quote
Hi!

I flashed my TL-WR741ND with v24 succesfully.

Since it has one port from switch burned (port 4) i can´t access it from the integrated switch.
I tried disabling it (via telnet) but the rest of the ports do something strange: they negotiate properly DHCP with the PC but when i tried to ping the Router it does not respond.
If i connect thru the WAN port the router acts normaly.

Can anyone tell me if there is some way to make the not burned ports to respond? Or must i use this router as a simple Wireless AP, and forget the wired integrated switch?

Thanks a lot.
dikiy_kashtan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 19:56    Post subject: Re: Ports Reply with quote
evanzulli wrote:
Hi!

I flashed my TL-WR741ND with v24 succesfully.

Since it has one port from switch burned (port 4) i can´t access it from the integrated switch.
I tried disabling it (via telnet) but the rest of the ports do something strange: they negotiate properly DHCP with the PC but when i tried to ping the Router it does not respond.
If i connect thru the WAN port the router acts normaly.

Can anyone tell me if there is some way to make the not burned ports to respond? Or must i use this router as a simple Wireless AP, and forget the wired integrated switch?

Thanks a lot.

You can try to short-circuit all 4 wires on a broken port.

In my case, after the storm has not worked LAN4 and WAN, router did not boot correctly. I have short-circuited these two ports. Device was able to boot after doing that, but the remaining ports behave unstable, i had to short-circuit LAN1 and LAN3 as well. Now I have one alive etnernet port LAN2 and Wi-Fi, it is better than completely dead device Smile

Try this method, maybe you'll get lucky!
Meistache
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 0:17    Post subject: Can't connect to router, routing is doing ok though Reply with quote
I've just installed r26446 on TL-WR741N v1/v2. After all done the router is doing ok (browsing through it right now), but I can't ping, connect to web GUI or doing TFTP upgrading (just went through the whole Peacock thread and wiki procedures available. Any tips on bringing connection with router up? (I've already seen the JTAG solution. I don't have either this or the skills to use this)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 10 of 14
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: