TP-LINK TL-WR841N

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
By_Zaca
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
xopal wrote:

Works great as client i'm using 841ND as client login to my network and post this msg.
My hardware version 5.4, flashing dd-wrt fw thru console command sysupgrade -i, i'm using openwrt fw before using dd-wrt fw on this router. Cool

Hello, can you send me a PM or post to this topic, as updated to DD-WRT step by step? because I bought a 841nd ver3.0, and tried to flash dd-wrt firmware and the upgrade did not work .. I lost my router, so I'll buy a ver5.4 and update since you got success! Firmware Factory which you used? you put first Open-WRT and then upgraded to DD-WRT? how to put Open-WRT, then DD-WRT? Thanks
Sponsor
xopal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bricked mine too when 1st time flashing the openwrt fw, yes you can debricked it with serial cable.

The original link broken try google cache

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://nuwiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr841nd

I've been wait for dd-wrt FW for hardware version 5, because when applied version 3 my router bricked i bricked my router many times with different FW version and just debricked it in 5 minutes.

Finally i satisfisfied with dd-wrt on my router.

Use factory.bin fw if you use original tp-link fw and flash it thru web gui.

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/08-12-10-r14929/tplink_tl-wr841ndv5/factory-to-ddwrt.bin
toto2700
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
xopal wrote:
I bricked mine too when 1st time flashing the openwrt fw, yes you can debricked it with serial cable.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://nuwiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr841nd

I've been wait for dd-wrt FW for hardware version 5, because when applied version 3 my router bricked i bricked my router many times with different FW version and just debricked it in 5 minutes.

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/08-12-10-r14929/tplink_tl-wr841ndv5/factory-to-ddwrt.bin

So it's not working on hardware version 3. I have v3.0 that's why I'm asking.
Burned
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Once upon a time I had v3 and one sunny day(well, it was night actually) I decided to flash with OpenWRT and.. bricked. A month later I had got v5(after warranty) and decided to use OpenWRT.. again. Worked fine for 10minutes and then.. bricked. Another month later I got another v5(warranty again) and I saw that the previous day DD-WRT for v5 has been released. Flashed with it.
And WR841ND v5 and DD-WRT lived happily forever after(at least for now).
Conclusion:OpenWRT bricks the bricks, DD-WRT doesn't. Smile
By_Zaca
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
xopal wrote:

ver3.0 not have a serial input: (
I have the serial cable for my FT-WR1043ND brick and recovered successfully! and the 841nd ver3.0 n has the serial ..
What was your most Firmware tp-link? because the site has three different firmwares .. wondered what you used to I do not have error!
cwalk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
cwalk wrote:
I was hoping to use this router as a repeater (client + VAP), but have had some trouble getting a reliable connection using the site survey.

Just an update, I have been able to successfully repeat (client mode + VAP) an unencrypted network as well as a WEP network. I am having zero luck getting it to work with a WPA network though. I have read that client mode does not seem to work well with WPA networks. Has anyone had any luck with this?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
By request a file for reverting from dd-wrt to stock firmware.
Unpack the archive and flash the .bin file using dd-wrt's web gui page for firmware upgrade.
The file is for WR841n(d) version 5 only!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, LOM. It works perfectly. Wink
ksec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
How do you check which hardware version it is?
ksec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will it support the new Version 7 ?
alromh87
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
cwalk wrote:
cwalk wrote:
I was hoping to use this router as a repeater (client + VAP), but have had some trouble getting a reliable connection using the site survey.

Just an update, I have been able to successfully repeat (client mode + VAP) an unencrypted network as well as a WEP network. I am having zero luck getting it to work with a WPA network though. I have read that client mode does not seem to work well with WPA networks. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Could you describe the steps you follow to get client mode working, since I have not been able to do it.

Thanks
ksec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can no longer find the Router Hardware based on Version 5, Version 7 which is the new casing design for better heat dissipation is all i could get..
FeiGeiWay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:38    Post subject: I have the TL-WR841N Reply with quote
I just called tp-link tech support, and asked them what the difference between

TL-WR841N AND TL-WR841ND is.

The support rep said that the TL-WR841ND has a removable antenna and that was about it. All the internals are the same.

On the bottom of my router has a V.6 listed after the serial number though. Wonder which dd-wrt firmware do I download? version 3 or version 5?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 13:38    Post subject: Re: I have the TL-WR841N Reply with quote
FeiGeiWay wrote:

On the bottom of my router has a V.6 listed after the serial number though. Wonder which dd-wrt firmware do I download? version 3 or version 5?

None of them until you have identified what hardware the v6 is based on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 0:58    Post subject: Re: I have the TL-WR841N Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
FeiGeiWay wrote:

None of them until you have identified what hardware the v6 is based on.

how do you do that?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 45
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: