TP-LINK TL-WR841N

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
PORTER
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 15:44    Post subject: TP-Link 841N V8 Reply with quote
Hi,
I've got TP-Link 841N V8. Before installing dd-wrt firmware, uploaded to device factory-to-ddwrt.bin. After that router crashed (just the power led is ON). I cant ping it, either to connect .
PLS advise what can I do about this?
Sponsor
quevernick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
@PORTER you'll need to unbrick it via a serial to TTL adapter. Just had to do this myself today after going from Openwrt -> stock -> DD-wrt. Here are some links that should help you get it back up and running:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr841nd)
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=33906

One thing I found is if you have a bunch of garbage in your terminal window, first make sure all of the serial settings are correct. Then reset the terminal, cleared up the garbage characters for me anyways.
GL
UPI
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
N3szt0r wrote:
CarboHydra wrote:
I found an issue with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (6/23/14), where wired devices on eth1 can't communicate with one another after a fresh flash and 30/30/30.

I've been searching for a solution for this, but I couldn't find anything so far. Any help would be much appreciated.

That was the same to me.
Telnet/ssh to router with putty.
user: root
pw: webinterface login password.
run this 2 commands:
swconfig dev eth1 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev eth1 set apply

check the result with pinging, if its ok then set them up as startup script.
Done!

Is this a known good fix for not being able to ping between ports?

Should I apply it to both the main Gateway and the Client Bridge? Both seem to have the same problem.

Thanks for the help.
diegokrs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a wr841n v8,im trying to back for the original tp-link firmware on ADMIN->FIRMWARE UPDATE, and is not working, how i do that ?

UPGRADE FAILED

sorry nub english.

==============

Router Model TP-Link TL-WR841ND v8
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14) - build 24461
Kernel Version Linux 3.10.44 #11017 Mon Jun 23 09:49:17 CEST 2014 mips

I got Upgrade failed with wr841nv8_webrevert.bin
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read post from qwe900 here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=263149&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=285
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, guys. How can I return to original firmware from dd-wrt on tp-link 841n v9?
RL408
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
CarboHydra wrote:
I found an issue with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (6/23/14), where wired devices on eth1 can't communicate with one another after a fresh flash and 30/30/30.

I've been searching for a solution for this, but I couldn't find anything so far. Any help would be much appreciated.

The 3/13/2014 version does not have the problem. 6/23/2014 to at least 10/27/2014 have this issue.
Kollel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
RL408 wrote:
CarboHydra wrote:

The 3/13/2014 version does not have the problem. 6/23/2014 to at least 10/27/2014 have this issue.

Hi,

As i'm not so massively techy i'm not sure that CarboHydra's problem is what i'm asking, but it maybe the same.

Here is my situation: I have my verizon modem/router where my connection comes in to my house from verizon. That's working great with no problems. Then I lately bought a TP-Link TL-WR841N v8 router in order to create a different LAN with some restrictions.

I plugged in the WAN side of the TP-Link router to one of the LAN ports of the verizon, and the router with it's default firmware worked like a charm.

But i've wanted more options, so I flashed the dd-wrt firmware latest version from 2014-11-03. But... since then no internet access in that network whatsoever. i've reverted to original firmware and it works but when flashing back i'm in trouble again.

In both firmwares I haven't changed anything, just left everything on default.

CAN ANYONE HELP?
c.monty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
khael wrote:
Btc wrote:
I don't know about which versions rev 2 support mainly because I haven't found any directory for rev 2 15778 on the ftp directories.

But about radio time schedulings, these versions doesn't really include this feature. But you could do some fancy bash script that would work just fine. Just make it based on the iwconfig command and cron functionalities. In case you have only one wireless AP on this router, you just use iwconfig ath0 down to turn off and iwconfig ath0 up to turn on.

thanks for help;
for radio scheduling i solved.
About firmware i dind't understand how it work....

Could somebody confirm that this is the correct syntax for scheduling radio on/off:
iwconfig ath0 down = radio off
iwconfig ath0 up = radio on

I thought iwconfig is used to manipulate the radio settings, e.g. TX power, but ifconfig is used to turn on/off the relevant interface.

THX
loadtown
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 18:00    Post subject: Back to Factory Firmware Reply with quote
Hi There,

i flashed my Wr841N to DD WRT, however I want to revert to the original firmware.

I downloaded the original firmware from the manufacturer's website and tried to install it via the web interface.
Even though it tells me that the 'upgrade' succeeded in first place, it keeps on running dd wrt after rebooting.

any help is appreciated Smile
YaddaMinski
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 21:35    Post subject: Re: Back to Factory Firmware Reply with quote
loadtown wrote:
Hi There,

i flashed my Wr841N to DD WRT, however I want to revert to the original firmware.

I downloaded the original firmware from the manufacturer's website and tried to install it via the web interface.
Even though it tells me that the 'upgrade' succeeded in first place, it keeps on running dd wrt after rebooting.

any help is appreciated Smile

Did you do the 30/30/30 reset before and after? And you need revert file on page 7 of related thread. What version of wr841n do you have ?
YaddaMinski
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kollel wrote:
RL408 wrote:
CarboHydra wrote:

Hi,

As i'm not so massively techy i'm not sure that CarboHydra's problem is what i'm asking, but it maybe the same.

Here is my situation: I have my verizon modem/router where my connection comes in to my house from verizon. That's working great with no problems. Then I lately bought a TP-Link TL-WR841N v8 router in order to create a different LAN with some restrictions.

I plugged in the WAN side of the TP-Link router to one of the LAN ports of the verizon, and the router with it's default firmware worked like a charm.

But i've wanted more options, so I flashed the dd-wrt firmware latest version from 2014-11-03. But... since then no internet access in that network whatsoever. i've reverted to original firmware and it works but when flashing back i'm in trouble again.

In both firmwares I haven't changed anything, just left everything on default.

CAN ANYONE HELP?

Enter startup code:

swconfig dev eth0 set enable_vlan 1 
swconfig dev eth0 set apply 
Trambu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:41    Post subject: wr841nd v8.1 BRICK Reply with quote
I have a wr841nd v8.1 , had ddwrt on it latest build router was crashing ad i tried to go back to stock but it failed.I got power led on and the rest blinking ,tried to flash with serial using putty that also failed and now i don't have serial output.Can someone help me ?
Searinox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed build 25179 on v7 of this router. Everything is fine, speeds actually went up a lot, but HTTPS isn't working. I'm reluctant to update to the latest version due to some issues I've been hearing. Any ideas?
mashaal95
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 18:36    Post subject: Serial Pin connector for unbricking TP-Link WR-841N? Reply with quote
Guys, can I please know as to what serial connector pin I should get?
Will this one work? I already have a usb to ttl adapter!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43, 44, 45  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 37 of 45
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: