TP-LINK TL-WR841N

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
saggio09
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 19:58    Post subject: Re: wr841nd v8.1 BRICK Reply with quote
Trambu wrote:
I have a wr841nd v8.1 , had ddwrt on it latest build router was crashing ad i tried to go back to stock but it failed.I got power led on and the rest blinking ,tried to flash with serial using putty that also failed and now i don't have serial output.Can someone help me ?

The same thing happened to me, let me know if you could fix it somehow.
Sponsor
mariolita
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys in italy now there is only the v9 of the hardware ... what can we do ?

thx in advance

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:03    Post subject: 841nd v8 dd-wrt not updatable Reply with quote
Hi,

several days ago I updated my router 841nd v8 to the leatest dd-wrt firmware because of some wifi problems (meanwhile I know it was a problem of a client device Evil or Very Mad ).
Because I was faced to the problem with the lan connection of the client where I now found the solution here (Thanx a lot) I tried different FW.
After flashing the r24461 (23/06/14) I am not able to update any other firmware. Often the message 'Update failed' accours but sometimes the update procedure seems to be started but after the reboot the device still has the r24461.
To pre-answer the question why I want to update this release: This is my backup router which I want to flash to the same release as the live-router (r25697) and I don not want to downgrade this to the r24461 with maybe the same problem.
Does anybody have an idea how to proceed?
prateekS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:07    Post subject: .............. Reply with quote
prateekS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:37    Post subject: Re: Stock firmware... Reply with quote
danymarc wrote:
prateekS wrote:
where do i get that from ?
dont know how to revert to stock..

in this forum is a Sticky
Files for reverting from DD-WRT to STOCK FIRMWARE here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237&start=0
how to
default your 841
Administartion/Firmware Upgrade
use Webrevert
after you are in TL web-ui flash any FW from TL web

Well the webrevert file doesnt seem to work

Tried Multiple times.
wongnog
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
N3szt0r wrote:
CarboHydra wrote:
I found an issue with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (6/23/14), where wired devices on eth1 can't communicate with one another after a fresh flash and 30/30/30.

I've been searching for a solution for this, but I couldn't find anything so far. Any help would be much appreciated.

That was the same to me.
Telnet/ssh to router with putty.
user: root
pw: webinterface login password.
run this 2 commands:
swconfig dev eth1 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev eth1 set apply

check the result with pinging, if its ok then set them up as startup script.
Done!

I am having the same problem with that firmware release on my 741ND v7.2. I will have to give it a try. The other problem I am having is always getting Upgrade Failed when I try and flash with any other version. I posted about it in the thread below but haven't received any help yet, so I'll try some of the suggestions posted here.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=278714
Banderas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 15:15    Post subject: Re: Stock firmware... Reply with quote
prateekS wrote:
danymarc wrote:
prateekS wrote:
where do i get that from ?
dont know how to revert to stock..

in this forum is a Sticky
Files for reverting from DD-WRT to STOCK FIRMWARE here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237&start=0
how to
default your 841
Administartion/Firmware Upgrade
use Webrevert
after you are in TL web-ui flash any FW from TL web

Well the webrevert file doesnt seem to work

Tried Multiple times.

Hello,
do you succeed restoring your router?
jmfolcik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Version 9 router works flawless with this version of dd-wrt. Wirelss signal, stability, etc. Even QoS. Less than $20 off amazon. I have a v8 and v9 running this same code level from Jan 20. I recommend going to this version and sticking until the more recent ones stabilize - lots of reports of bricking across the board.

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/20/15) std
(SVN revision 25974)
AxeOfMen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
N3szt0r wrote:
CarboHydra wrote:
I found an issue with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (6/23/14), where wired devices on eth1 can't communicate with one another after a fresh flash and 30/30/30.

I've been searching for a solution for this, but I couldn't find anything so far. Any help would be much appreciated.

That was the same to me.
Telnet/ssh to router with putty.
user: root
pw: webinterface login password.
run this 2 commands:
swconfig dev eth1 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev eth1 set apply

check the result with pinging, if its ok then set them up as startup script.
Done!

When I ran this script I got this error:
Telnet wrote:
Failed to connect to the switch

I changed it to the following and it worked to fix the problem! (changed eth1 to eth0)

Code:
swconfig dev eth0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev eth0 set apply
malibu35072
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anybody had any success attaching an xbox one via xbox live to the WR-841n 9.1?

I an running the 12/22/14 build 25697 and I am not having any luck. Xbox tells me I have "open" NAT and will connect to Live. But when I try and play multiplayer games I get intermittent connection at best, most often unable to connect to lobbies. Even setting the xbox to static IP and putting it in DMZ isn't working.

I turned on UPnP, also didn't help. 30/30/30 reset, also didn't help. 30/30/30 reflashed, also didn't help.

In particular Dragon Age Origins will flat not permit me to connect to a session using the 841 v9.1.

On PC also connected to the router I'm not seeing any problems yet with anything.

Ethernet or wifi, it doesn't seem to matter.
chrisenprovence
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:48    Post subject: Unable to revert to TP-Link stock Reply with quote
Hi,
I have seen that several people have had this problem in the past, but I have not seen a satisfactory explanation/solution, so I am reporting this problem again.

I have a TL-WR841N V9 router that I flashed with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14). Although the flash was successful I was not able to get it working with PPTP (had a connection but was unable to ping websites)so I want to revert to factory firmware.

I downloaded tl-wr841nv9_webrevert.bin from this site and tried to flash. Initially it said "failed" so I tried again and it said "successful", but DD-WRT was still there (although Windows reported the router name as TP-LINK_0BB674 and not DD-WRT as indicated on the Router status page)

Tried again with TL-WR841N-V9-FW0.0.3-stripped.bin
with same result.

Before and after each flash I did a 30-30-30 reset.

Anyone have any explanation?

Thanks in advance
Chris
chrisenprovence
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 16:10    Post subject: Unable to revert to TP-Link stock Reply with quote
OK, got it. The DD-WRT web interface didn't work so I flashed it manually with WinCAP and PUTTY. This method is described on the TP-Link site, but one guy bricked his router doing it this way, so I was reluctant to try it. Guess he must have used the wrong firmware! Mine is now back to stock and working fine with PPTP.
guilherme_otran
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:33    Post subject: WR841nd v8 Clone Wan Mac Reply with quote
[google translate, sorry]

Hi guys.

I'm new here (first post), so please correct me if something is wrong.

I'm running ddwrt in a WR841nd V8 with build r22118 and its working (yeah! javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')).

But, i'm having problems with Clone MAC and wan PPPoE connection:

1. I place the MAC inside web interface.
2. Apply settings (or reboot router, tried with both, same problem)
3. Going to status page, WAN mac is the original (not the cloned).

Here it's the good/strange part:

4. Change the WAN connection type to Static IP.
5. Apply Changes
6. Get back WAN connection to PPPoE.
7. The cloned MAC Works (going to status page i can see it has changed).

The bad part:
8. Reboot the router
9. MAC is not the cloned.

(it gets back to work by reproducing steps 4..7)

Any body knows what is possible to do for fix this?

PS.: I tried the latest release (r25648) before downgrade to (r22118) and the described above also occurs.

Thanks
heiler
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any version recommendations for TL-WR841ND v7 ?
I'm using 25179 as an AP only (dhcp off, no wan connection) but it seems to not bridge its ports correctly.. A cable-connected PC can't get ip addresses from another modem/router on the same network ..
Kerblam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
heiler wrote:
Any version recommendations for TL-WR841ND v7 ?
I'm using 25179 as an AP only (dhcp off, no wan connection) but it seems to not bridge its ports correctly.. A cable-connected PC can't get ip addresses from another modem/router on the same network ..

Same exact problem for me, 26653 on a v9. Cabled devices can't pull DHCP through the AP.

Edit: I dropped back to 25974 (1/20/2015) and I got DHCP working fine on the AP router. Looks like a bug in the April version(s).
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43, 44, 45  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 38 of 45
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: