TP-LINK TL-WR841N

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
mtpfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:15    Post subject: Having problems going back to original TP f.ware Reply with quote
I am newbie so apologies for any mistake if occurred.
I installed dd-wrt V.8 but was not satisfied so want to revert back to factory(tp link)firmware, I searched and flashed wr841nv8_webrevert.bin but problem is what ever I do(even doing 30-30-30),my firmware remains V24-sp2 date 23rd June,2014,any help on this or a detailed method to revert back?Thank you.

My router is WR841N V.8.4
Sponsor
Stylewars
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I purchased a TL-WR841N(ES)v8 router and flashed it with factory-dd-wrt file. Loads up the interface fine on 192.168.1.1 however when I try to flash the webflash file it says upload failed??

These are the files I used..
Path: Downloads › betas › 2014 › 06-23-2014-r24461 › tplink_tl-wr841ndv8

When I tried to revert back to tp-link factory using the webrevert file I downloaded from here it says Upload Failed again. Any solutions please?? I don't really understand what the webflash file does if the factory-dd-wrt file already worked??
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stylewars wrote:

Any solutions please??
I don't really understand what the webflash file does if the factory-dd-wrt file already worked??

Webflash bin it's used to up or downgrade example a new build comes out in future. What I would do this use Webflash bin. from older builds if one is accepted then use Webrevert
Other things to do.
TFTP Flash http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Tftp_flash
Or try to flash via WinSCP
Or nvram erase
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=500621[/quote]

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recently bought a TL-WR841N v8.0 and followed all the instructions on installing DD-WRT./

I did the 30/30/30 rule and disabled wireless.
I used the files in tplink_tl-wr841ndv8

I flashed Stock to DD-WRT using factory-to-ddwrt.bin

Reset and restarted. Now into the DD-WRT GUI.

I try to flash tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin and it uploads but goes to "Upgrade failed."

I tried searching on what to do next but I am lost. I used the latest build 2014-06-23 and the previous one. Both still fail. The router is not bricked, it won't accept the flash.
pupis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
jonj02 wrote:
I recently bought a TL-WR841N v8.0 and followed all the instructions on installing DD-WRT./

I try to flash tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin and it uploads but goes to "Upgrade failed."

I tried searching on what to do next but I am lost. I used the latest build 2014-06-23 and the previous one. Both still fail. The router is not bricked, it won't accept the flash.

Why do you want to flash the tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin?
Unless it is a newer version there is no need to do it, you're all set.
jonj02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
pupis wrote:
jonj02 wrote:

Why do you want to flash the tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin?
Unless it is a newer version there is no need to do it, you're all set.

oh I thought one had to flash both files.
7th post said so, as well as:
http://blog.aggregatedintelligence.com/2011/12/installing-dd-wrt-on-tp-link-tl-wr841n.html

http://dfarq.homeip.net/2014/01/how-i-upgraded-a-tp-link-tl-wr841n-to-dd-wrt/

also I think it is because the previous router I used needed to have 2 files flashed.
CarboHydra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found an issue with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (6/23/14), where wired devices on eth1 can't communicate with one another after a fresh flash and 30/30/30.

I've been searching for a solution for this, but I couldn't find anything so far. Any help would be much appreciated.
N3szt0r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
CarboHydra wrote:
I found an issue with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (6/23/14), where wired devices on eth1 can't communicate with one another after a fresh flash and 30/30/30.

I've been searching for a solution for this, but I couldn't find anything so far. Any help would be much appreciated.

That was the same to me.
Telnet/ssh to router with putty.
user: root
pw: webinterface login password.
run this 2 commands:
swconfig dev eth1 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev eth1 set apply

check the result with pinging, if its ok then set them up as startup script.
Done!
aditnsr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:00    Post subject: Re: Having problems going back to original TP f.ware Reply with quote
mtpfan wrote:
I am newbie so apologies for any mistake if occurred.
I installed dd-wrt V.8 but was not satisfied so want to revert back to factory(tp link)firmware, I searched and flashed wr841nv8_webrevert.bin but problem is what ever I do(even doing 30-30-30),my firmware remains V24-sp2 date 23rd June,2014,any help on this or a detailed method to revert back?Thank you.

My router is WR841N V.8.4

I'm having the same problem. Can't revert to factory firmware.

Is it possible to revert using telnet (command line)?
something like: "write webrevert.bin linux" ?
or is it only recommended for upgrading to a newer version of dd-wrt?

Im using TL-WR841ND v8.2
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14) std
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
flash via WinScp and before enable the ssh daemon (service)? If not, SSH administration will be greyed out and disabled. You need to enable both the service and the administration.
Upload the file using Winscp in the /tmp folder of your router.

Connect with Putty and give this commands:

cd /tmp

mtd -r write xxx.bin linux

Every command at once hitting Enter.

If it is not the last version just upgrade normally after flashing this one.
Note:

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
danymarc wrote:
flash via WinScp and before enable the ssh daemon (service)? If not, SSH administration will be greyed out and disabled. You need to enable both the service and the administration.
Upload the file using Winscp in the /tmp folder of your router.

Connect with Putty and give this commands:

cd /tmp

mtd -r write xxx.bin linux

Every command at once hitting Enter.

If it is not the last version just upgrade normally after flashing this one.
Note:

so I can try:
mtd -r write wr841nv8_webrevert.bin linux
to revert to tp-link factory firmware?
Scouty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
my WR841ND v5 bricked.... after latest Build.. 06-23-2014-r24461 ... cant accesss computers via LAN. tried to downgraded but fail so i tried nvram erase then reboot.. my router loops on reset Sad

bought an wr941 to replace the bricked.
peteredwards
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 13:05    Post subject: TL-WR841 V9 flashed with DDWRT update... Reply with quote
Hi, just to let you guys know, have over 400 flashed with V9 DDWRT software got from this thread, all working great, using both dhcp and ppp wan connections, wifi side of things also no problems.
A big thanks to you guys, TP-Link software is really ropey, the hardware is fine but the software is just not up to the job. DDWRT software is massively superior for many many reasons... we all know why so no need to go into details.
Cheers...
roady
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scouty wrote:
my WR841ND v5 bricked.... after latest Build.. 06-23-2014-r24461 ... cant accesss computers via LAN. tried to downgraded but fail so i tried nvram erase then reboot.. my router loops on reset Sad

bought an wr941 to replace the bricked.

I'm facing the same problem... I even have "http://www.ebay.in/itm/CP2102-USB-2-0-to-TTL-UART-SERIAL-CONVERTER-ARDUINO-PROGRAMMER-MODULE-ADAPTER-/281384691630?pt=IN_Projectors_Accessories&hash=item4183d5a7ae" wire which I think is needed to get into the system but I have no idea how to use this wire.

Any help would be really appreciated.
manotroll
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
which the maximum power that can put in tx wifi?
seen that it alcanse and lower than the manufacturer's firmiware

and now as I am suffering she had to disconnect with the dd-wrt for to be able to continue using the router
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 43, 44, 45  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 35 of 45
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: