Install openssh and remove dropbear and keep web interface?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
bingho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 0:37    Post subject: Install openssh and remove dropbear and keep web interface? Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been able to install optware and install openssh, but I can't seem to remove dropbear properly with 'ipkg remove dropbear' - what is the correct procedure (short of recompiling) to remove it from an pre-built install (I'm using mega with mmc mounted)?

Also, is there some way to maintain the web interface if I swap out openssh for dropbear, or am I best off using the command line and keeping the web interface off?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can't use ipkg to remove things that are part of the firmware image. You have to use the firmware mod kit or compile an image yourself if you want to remove it. You can't use the web interface for optware packages either, you'd have to create your own GUI and compile it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: