WRT610Nv1 and IPTV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
cosmok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 23:02    Post subject: WRT610Nv1 and IPTV Reply with quote
I'm trying to set up my 610N with the 2.6 build to get my IPTV to work. I followed the Wiki but it seems as though there are incongruities. The 15xxx build I;m using lists only 2 VLANS and not 7 as in the Wiki. Is there a specific build the Wiki was built off of so I can get this setup correctly?

I want to isolate one port for the IPTV box and have the rest of the WLAN/LAN bridged so my wireless devices can see the wired ones. Any one have ideas?
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of all you need build 15508 or higher for the VLAN GUI to work on your model. There are always VLAN's 0-15 in the GUI but 0 can not be used on your model. I suggest moving three ports from VLAN 1 to VLAN 3, follow the guide below to move the wireless to a new bridge, and also add the vlan3 interface to the br1 bridge afterwards.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Separate_LAN_and_WLAN

cosmok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
First of all you need build 15508 or higher for the VLAN GUI to work on your model. There are always VLAN's 0-15 in the GUI but 0 can not be used on your model. I suggest moving three ports from VLAN 1 to VLAN 3, follow the guide below to move the wireless to a new bridge, and also add the vlan3 interface to the br1 bridge afterwards.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Separate_LAN_and_WLAN

Running 15508, all the steps completed but when I go to add vlan3 to the bridge there's only vlan1 and 2 to select from
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you Apply the VLAN settings? You may have to wait a minute or reboot the router for the new VLAN to become active.
cosmok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
Did you Apply the VLAN settings? You may have to wait a minute or reboot the router for the new VLAN to become active.

Applied, rebooted, tried again and no dice. This was the issue with the other Wiki I was trying to follow, and it prompted the update to the 2.6 builds. Thanks for the help so far
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmmm, the VLAN GUI fix worked for most other devices with BCM53115 switches. Could you post a screenshot of your VLAN GUI and the output of the dmesg command after a reboot please.

After you do that, try the commands below which should put ports 2-4 into VLAN 3.

nvram set new_vlan1ports="1 8*"
nvram set new_vlan2ports="0 8"
nvram set vlan1ports="1 8*"
nvram set vlan2ports="0 8"
nvram set vlan3ports="2 3 4 8"
nvram set vlan3hwname="et0"
nvram set port5vlans="1 2 3 16"
nvram commit
reboot

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Switched_Ports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: