TP-Link WR-1043ND: Stock firmware vs dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
irishfanboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 18:41    Post subject: cant find link to modified firmware Reply with quote
Hi LOM,
The link to the firmware to restore to tp link stock firmware through DD wrt Gui is not there anymore.Would it be possible to re upload the link so I can use it.
I am having some problems with DD wrt and the tp link 1043nd.
Thanks in advance
Irishfanboy
Sponsor
lceron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
you have to be logged in to be able to download the file
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh ye. Thanks for that.
I have dd running on the tp link 1043 but can't get it to work in ppoe mode at all.
I'm using a BT voyager modem/router combi DSL and can only get Internet access by leaving the dsl sign in and routing fucrions on the Bt unit. The tp link will connect as is quite fast and reliable when in auto(dhcp) mode but I would prefer to transfer all the functions to the tp link router. I have tried bridge mode on the Bt unit but still can't connect. I have search all the forums , resets, 30/30/30 and cleared nv ram but still no joy. Could someone guide me in the right direction as how to get ppoe working with a modem/router combi with the modem in bridge mode.
I really want to keep dd wrt running.
Thanks
Irish fanboy
lceron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
im having the same issue and when you find a solution please let me know as i have given up trying setting up through ppoe... Rolling Eyes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 20:42    Post subject: it works ! Reply with quote
I just downgrade my TP-Link TL-WR1043ND from dd-wrt to original firmware. It Woks!
After that, an upgrade to the new firmware from TP-Link's homepage. Everything is like first Day.
Thank You very much !
pomah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just realized that the router cant upload at 2 MB/s and stream a HD movie to my media player at the same time, the movie started to stutter. I wounder if it is the same with original firmware...

(I'm on DD-WRT 14896)
Nansen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 14:43    Post subject: Comparison between dd-wrt and stock firmware Reply with quote
Hi - a new joiner to this board.

Thanks for supporting the 1043 on dd-wrt, because I had a very weird problem with the stock firmware, in that it always cut off wireless access after approx. 24 hours after the router having being restarted.
The router would no longer recognize the WLAN password (WPA2-AES) although it was saved on both my laptop and my iphone. Only a router reset would cure that problem, then the same password would work again without further prompting.

TP-Link tech support was unable to replicate the problem or fix it.

This problem doesn't occur any more after switching to dd-wrt - thanks for that. Router has now been up for up to 20 days without the problem recurring.

Also, it proves to me that the problem is firmware related and not a hardware error.

Anyone else having the same problem?
osprey23
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:13    Post subject: Re: Comparison between dd-wrt and stock firmware Reply with quote
Yup, I had that issue too. I was using the April 2010 firmware.

I called the tech support and gave them a good pounding detailing exactly how things happened. They were supposed to get their senior engineers to get back to me, but they did not. Instead they released a new firmware on the web quietly. After applying the latest firmware (August 2010), the problem is gone. You might want to try it:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/toDownload.asp?url=%2Fenglish%2Fsoft%2F201082817292310%2Ezip

Cheers!

Nansen wrote:
Hi - a new joiner to this board.

Thanks for supporting the 1043 on dd-wrt, because I had a very weird problem with the stock firmware, in that it always cut off wireless access after approx. 24 hours after the router having being restarted.
The router would no longer recognize the WLAN password (WPA2-AES) although it was saved on both my laptop and my iphone. Only a router reset would cure that problem, then the same password would work again without further prompting.

TP-Link tech support was unable to replicate the problem or fix it.

This problem doesn't occur any more after switching to dd-wrt - thanks for that. Router has now been up for up to 20 days without the problem recurring.

Also, it proves to me that the problem is firmware related and not a hardware error.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Nansen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 14:19    Post subject: Re: Comparison between dd-wrt and stock firmware Reply with quote
osprey23 wrote:
Yup, I had that issue too. I was using the April 2010 firmware.

I called the tech support and gave them a good pounding detailing exactly how things happened. They were supposed to get their senior engineers to get back to me, but they did not. Instead they released a new firmware on the web quietly. After applying the latest firmware (August 2010), the problem is gone. You might want to try it:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/toDownload.asp?url=%2Fenglish%2Fsoft%2F201082817292310%2Ezip

Cheers!

That is great to know, however for the time being I will stick with dd-wrt, because it did not raise any issues for me.

Cheers back
mrkek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just bought a TPLINK TP-WR1043DN 1.7, and put DD-WRT on it, as I wanted to setup wireless bridging, but discovered a problem.
As soon as I turned on security(WPA/2), everything breaks for (wireless) client bridging.

I've got DD-WRT on my D-Link DIR-825, and I tried each as the AP, and each as the client. All is well with wireless security disabled, but as soon as you enable it, it breaks.

I've got a Linksys WRT54GL and it works fine, but the wireless is too slow, hence the upgrade.

The DIR-825 works fine, with the TPLINK as the AP with stock firmware, but I really want it the other way around, I want the DIR-825 as the AP, so the 5GHhz band works properly, and not routing via the 2.4Ghz connection.

The TPLINK with DD-WRT on it is the problem, and this is sad as this was why I bought it, so I can stream HD to my PS3 via the tplink's wireless N connection, as G is too slow.

Anyone else able to successfully set the TPlink to client bridge with WPA on, and get it to work??
Mine definately does not work in this mode. Evil or Very Mad
HondaGuy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Went back to the stock firmware,to test it out, Seems good so far, running 100820

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
the.vyzc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
fggs wrote:
from what I've see from router's thread, it's not easy to go back to stock firmware.

The router has a very short tftp window before continuing to boot and it can be hard to slip into it.
Here is a revert file, unpack the archive and upload the binary file in dd-wrt's web gui.

I have not tested the file, I don't have a TL-WR1043N but the file should be ok.

First of all, thanks for uploading this file, LOM.

Guys, may I know what version is the stock (revert) firmware uploaded by LOM?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is version 3.11.5 from 27th of April 2010.
If you need another firmware then just download it from TP-Link and update once you have reverted.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks LOM Very Happy
coalfield
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
fggs wrote:
from what I've see from router's thread, it's not easy to go back to stock firmware.

The router has a very short tftp window before continuing to boot and it can be hard to slip into it.
Here is a revert file, unpack the archive and upload the binary file in dd-wrt's web gui.

I have not tested the file, I don't have a TL-WR1043N but the file should be ok.

Thanks I have been searching everywhere to find a way to do this. Very Happy Very Happy Shame on the DD-WRT site it has no explanation how to revert back whatsoever. Evil or Very Mad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: