TP-Link WR-1043ND: Stock firmware vs dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Onox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 21:53    Post subject: Re: TP-Link WR-1043ND: Stock firmware vs dd-wrt Reply with quote
Thanks for the file, realy helped.
Sponsor
Sokichi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
ogredani wrote:
Is it possible to use this router as a repeater (stock or with dd-wrt loaded)?

I have the same question, i was thinking in buy a WR1043 or WR941 like repeater (bridge) or is better a TL-WA901ND?
Crashy66
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 0:00    Post subject: @LOM Reply with quote
Thank you. I was despaired. Now everything works fine again.
Great work

Crashy66
Induktor
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello all
After reading all the 5 pages, i figured out: I´m not alone! hehe

I bought a couple of 1043ND because of gigabit, but the default firmware is buggy as hell when it comes to wireless conectivity, I had to reset it at least twice a day.
When it works is fast as hell, I can easily reach 300M using wide channel, but it's not stable too long (I used several 941ND this way and they are rock solid, with DD-WRT, at full speed).

After reading here, the dd-wrt version for the 1043ND is no good either, PPPoE doesn't work, wireless still drops (perhap less?) dyndns problems Sad, is there is any news about current status?

I'm seriously thinking to sell those 1043ND and buy 941ND's that are the most stable routers I have ever used with DD-WRT (after the WRT54GL v 1.1)

but i really wanted gigabit connectivity Sad for HD streaming.
Jonjon_Z
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just recently got my TL-WR1043ND 'S/N 12xxxxxxx' from Newegg. After some in-depth research I did flash the German firmware before installing DD-WRT. It's just one extra step but now everything works perfectly with DD-WRT's latest build. Very Happy

The German file, as well as easy-to-follow instructions and info as to why you might need this, can be found at these blogs:
http://nearlydeaf.com/?p=1109#more-1109
http://joeyiodice.com/converting-tp-link-tl-wr1043nd-to-dd-wrt

From what I've gathered through research, there is a MAC-spoofing issue with TP-Link's firmware's bootloader. This is due in part to a code added to stock firmware as early as mid-2011 to fix some issue. My guess is it has to do with the USB storage or Gigabit Ports which makes the TL-WR1043ND unique to its' model line of TL-WRxxxND siblings.

TL-WR1043ND models with "S/N 12xxxxxxx" contain this code as well as ANY version if you had the stock firmware installed from their site.

With the new vendor bootblock code, WAN port is disabled at device-startup (meaning no wireless internet). Then (perhaps after U-Boot), original stock firmware restores WAN port link while DD-WRT, if that was installed, does not enable WAN.

To add to further woes, you can no longer DL pre-2011 firmware from TP-Links's site.

From what I understand, this German firmware does not disable WAN so there is no need for DD-WRT to enable it.

If you want DD-WRT then I think this is the way to go until the devs come up with new beta firmware with the MAC-spoofing fix. I do hope they address this issue at wiki because I'm certain there will be many more, "Hey I just installed DD-WRT and no WAN" posts.
snk12
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 0:41    Post subject: Latest Build FW Reply with quote
I am confused about the installation process.
After hours today attempting to get SAMBA working, I am close to giving up and reverting back to the original FW. I have read in a post in this thread that the user installed the Webflash after the Factory to WW-WRT install. Is this correct?

There are 2 files on the Router Database for the WD1043ND Router.

1) Factory to WW-WRT.Bin
2) WebFlash.Bin

Am I supposed to flash the Router again with the 2nd file after the WW-WRT is installed?
maguvu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:38    Post subject: Re: Latest Build FW Reply with quote
snk12 wrote:
I am confused about the installation process.
After hours today attempting to get SAMBA working, I am close to giving up and reverting back to the original FW. I have read in a post in this thread that the user installed the Webflash after the Factory to WW-WRT install. Is this correct?

There are 2 files on the Router Database for the WD1043ND Router.

1) Factory to WW-WRT.Bin
2) WebFlash.Bin

Am I supposed to flash the Router again with the 2nd file after the WW-WRT is installed?

No you are not !
Use factory to ww-rt bin for flashing after flashing do 30-30-30 hard reset that is all u need.

Kernel: Linux 4.4.185 #670 SMP Thu Jul 11 02:19:39 CEST 2019 armv7l
http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/
----------------------------------------------------------------
- TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND V2
Firmware version: LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 (18/10/17)
Kernel: Linux version 4.13.3
https://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.ncsacademy.com/default.cfm?ref=28555
billbill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm facing same problem. Thanks for the file!
unromeo21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 18:54    Post subject: file Reply with quote
Hi
I also want to revert to factory firmware but it seems that I cannot find (see) the file that I need. What's the catch here ?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 19:21    Post subject: Re: file Reply with quote
unromeo21 wrote:
Hi
I also want to revert to factory firmware but it seems that I cannot find (see) the file that I need. What's the catch here ?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
why are you all having so many issues with this router. I have had mine up two months with a client bridge or two connected to it and phones and pads and the wireless is dead stable.

What is so different about your configs? Hard time believing so many people are having issues when i have a couple with the same serials and they are dead stable.

Why dont some of you folks that are having issues describe your setup a bit better? I'll try to help you all out with this router as much as i can, its a very stable rock solid router.
haeewee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 19:40    Post subject: LOM, tnx for the tl-wr1043nd-webrevert.bin Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:20
The router has a very short tftp window before continuing to boot and it can be hard to slip into it.
Here is a revert file, unpack the archive and upload the binary file in dd-wrt's web gui.

I have not tested the file, I don't have a TL-WR1043N but the file should be ok.

FYI
I successfully reverted back to stockfirmware because with dd-wrt (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/01/13) std) wireless speed too often dropped back to <5 Mbps (instead of >=30Mbps)

sometimes enabling/disabling "Short Preamble" for short time (some days) resolved slow wireless

(for example see http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=170576 for this issue)

anyway.. if solution for the wireless is found i'll consider dd-wrt again.. for now no advantages for me.
Kloc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I used LOM's file and it's work just fine, I menage to revert mu 1043N to factory firmware, but you MUST USE Intenet Explorer, otherwise you'll have upload error message. Then I upload the new fw from tp-link site, now it's ok.
THANKS LOM.
lawliet616
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:26    Post subject: I can't restore the stock firmware. Reply with quote
Hy all!

I recently installed DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/23/14) std to my TPLINK WR1043ND V2 router, and it worked good for like 2 days, but now my router limits the download speed to 10Mbps. I want to restore the stock firmware, but it seems impossible. I tried all of the related files from here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237 , but everytime it said after 7 sec "Upgraded successfully" and after reboot the dd wrt home screen appeared.
I do not know how to solve this, any idea?
Phk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there everyone,

Sorry to wake up such an old thread.

I need to use a Alfa USB AWUS036NH card with my router, but the opkg misses the package with the kernel module I need (kmod-rtl8187). Using openwrt on another router opkg finds it ok.

So I want to change my WR1043ND v1.x to openWRT, and the easiest way of doing it is reverting to stock image.

When I flash the "webrevert" image, nothing happens. It keeps on Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33607 std (10/25/17)

Why am I stuck in DD-WRT? Can you help ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: