No kmod-rtl8187 in OPKG for using Alfa USB AWUS036NH?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Phk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 14:01    Post subject: No kmod-rtl8187 in OPKG for using Alfa USB AWUS036NH? Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm trying to connect an Alfa USB AWUS036NH card with my router, but the OPKG misses the package with the kernel module I need (kmod-rtl8187).
On another router using openwrt, opkg finds it and it works.

My router is a TPLink WR1043ND v1.x with DD-WRT v3.0-r33607 std (10/25/17)

Can someone help me out?
Sponsor
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 16:34    Post subject: Entware or Optware Reply with quote
We at the forum will need more info. Entware or Optware?

Most likely kmod packages are platform specific (mips, mipsel, ARM, etc). Entware does not list any kmod packages. That does not mean that you can't install one from the OpenWRT version of Optware. Download the ipk file and install it manually.

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
Phk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ian, thanks for the quick answer.

I used entware-ng-3x by plugin-in a flash drive mkfs'd with ext3. It installed to /opt. I used the installation script from:
https://github.com/Entware-for-kernel-3x/Entware-ng-3x/wiki/General-installation-notes

The other router with openwrt is also MIPS so, same arch. You left me wondering if it's entware or optware.. I'm going to check.

You mentioned manual install. I'll download the .ipk from the repos and install it directly, and then report back.

Thanks
Phk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Phk wrote:
The other router with openwrt is also MIPS so, same arch. You left me wondering if it's entware or optware.. I'm going to check.

» entware

Phk wrote:
You mentioned manual install. I'll download the .ipk from the repos and install it directly, and then report back.

» all IPK files I found give errors when installing. Maybe because I can't find a version that matches my kernel\headers (3.3.10)
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:42    Post subject: Entware Reply with quote
I used Entware in the past. See the links here: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installing_Entware

Entware-ng is actually the old version, it was merged into Entware.

As for the kmod issue, you won't find a file for the correct kernel, etc. Entware is only compiled for one kernel, 3.4 I think. That is why there are no kmod files in the Entware package list.

Is there another package labelled as a lib (library) with the required driver files?

Check here: http://bin.entware.net/mipssf-k3.4/Packages.html

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: