Asus RT-N13U B1 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
CTXSi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
xceebeex wrote:
The Asus is set up as an AP with the same SSID and password and all of that good stuff. So it is basically acting as a repeater (and then I have a couple of things hardwired in to it as well).

How is the Asus connected to your other router? What you are describing seems like the textbook scenario for a repeater bridge. I think by using the Asus in AP mode (versus repeater bridge mode) you are trying to put a square peg into a round hole and thus seeing some odd behavior from your wireless devices.
Sponsor
novachord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
madgeek wrote:
edit: Figured it out. Had to switch encryption schemes to AES.

Another symptom, if anyone can diagnose it, the Power LED is off (It turns on, when you power it on, but after a few seconds, once the wireless light comes on, it turns off). I don't know if there has been an issue with the flashing?

Was there anything you did differently from the Broadcom Repeater Bridge tutorial? I'm trying to use a NT-R13UB1 as a repeater bridge and it won't allow clients to get internet but it's handing out IPs properly
CTXSi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
novachord wrote:
Was there anything you did differently from the Broadcom Repeater Bridge tutorial? I'm trying to use a NT-R13UB1 as a repeater bridge and it won't allow clients to get internet but it's handing out IPs properly

Make sure you have a gateway specified in the repeater bridge router, and that the gateway address is the IP of primary router.

Make sure both routers are set to the same wireless channel ("Auto" may not work).
coderD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 18:48    Post subject: Need help with ipkg. Reply with quote
Hi guys.
I got myself a RT-N13U B1. It already has DD-WRT (build 17027)

Code:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 std (c) 2011 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 05/12/11 (SVN revision: 17027)

I am unable to run the command ipkg

Code:
root@DD-WRT:~# ipkg
-sh: ipkg: not found

Is there some way I can install 'ipkg' without flashing? I searched the forum but got no solution for that.

Also, I am unable to find build 17027 in the firmware repositories: ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/
Is it some modded firmware?
CTXSi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 19:57    Post subject: Re: Need help with ipkg. Reply with quote
coderD wrote:
I am unable to find build 17027 in the firmware repositories: ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/
Is it some modded firmware?

17027 is (or at least was) a real release. It must have been pulled. As I noted here (http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=651828&highlight=#651828) I didn't have particularly good luck with it on the RT-N13U B1. I would recommend you upgrade to a newer release. I'm using 17967 on mine.

coderD wrote:
Is there some way I can install 'ipkg' without flashing? I searched the forum but got no solution for that.

Search instead for optware installation instructions
coderD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks @CTXSi, for prompt reply.

I'll do as you have instructed. Do a bit more reading and trying. If I again get in some errors I will be positing here.

Btw, were you successful in running the torrent downloading daemon on your RT-N13U B1?
coderD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:38    Post subject: Print Server Setup Reply with quote
I upgraded the firmware to build 17967.

I was trying out the Print server setup from here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N13U#Installing_a_Network_Printer_onto_Asus_RT-N13U
My printer is HP PSC1410, OS is Windows 7 pro x64.

All went well till the step where Test Page was to be taken out. The printer only prints half the page! Then it gets stuck. Then I have to power-off printer.
I tried Troubleshooting, but the same thing happens. I am unable to figure out whether it is a problem with the process of setup or the printer itself.

[ I also tried removing all previous printer records on my Computer, and rebooting. But that didn't help too Sad ]
coderD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:44    Post subject: Print Server Success on Win 7 Pro x86 Reply with quote
I tried setting up the print server from my laptop (Win 7 Pro 32 bit) and it worked in first attempt itself. There was not a single hiccup.

Will try to find what went wrong on x64.

So please neglect my previous post on Print Server not working.

Next target Transmission client!
CTXSi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
coderD wrote:
Btw, were you successful in running the torrent downloading daemon on your RT-N13U B1?

I haven't tried on this router; I have it running on my RT-N16 instead (using TomatoUSB on that instead of DD-WRT).
coderD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 18:05    Post subject: Now USB pen drive not mounting :( Reply with quote
After the print server ran, there seems to be a problem with USB pen-drive detection.

Under Services->USB Tab, there is nothing coming up in Disk Info section.
Attached Pic.

But the dmesg | grep usb gives the following output:
Code:
root@DD-WRT:~# dmesg | grep usb
<6>usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
<6>usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
<6>usbcore: registered new device driver usb
<6>usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
<6>usbcore: registered new interface driver libusual
<6>usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
<6>drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core
<6>usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
<6>usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using dwc_otg and address 2
<6>usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
<7>usb-storage: device found at 2
<7>usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
<7>usb-storage: device scan complete
<6>usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2
<6>usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using dwc_otg and address 3
<6>usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
<7>usb-storage: device found at 3
<7>usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
<7>usb-storage: device scan complete

And mount gives the following:
Code:
root@DD-WRT:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
none on /dev type devfs (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
ramfs on /tmp type ramfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
devpts on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

I have already formatted the USB pen drive using linux to ext2, in process of installing Optware.

Can somebody help me get on the correct path.
CTXSi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 18:22    Post subject: Re: Now USB pen drive not mounting :( Reply with quote
coderD wrote:
I have already formatted the USB pen drive using linux to ext2, in process of installing Optware.

Per the wiki your optware partition should be ext3: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N13U#Installing_Optware_Light
coderD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Earlier FAT also got detected but not mounted. I formatted the usb drive to FAT again but in vain. I will give it a try tomorrow morning
mj56gt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 17:00    Post subject: Trouble in setting up repeater mode Reply with quote
Hi, I just flashed my Asus RT-N13U/B1 with the official FW from the DD-WRT repository. However, I have trouble setting up the router into repeater mode. I have no problem connecting to the host router. I can also connect with (or ping) the Asus router (now in repeater mode), but it shows no Internet access. What could be the problem? Thanks!
CTXSi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
@mj56gt I know its the "official" build but I would not recommend using build 17027 that is linked from the router database. Instead I would use one of the later versions linked here: ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/ I've been using build 17967 as a repeater bridge for over 2 months and never had a problem.
mj56gt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
CTXSi wrote:
@mj56gt I know its the "official" build but I would not recommend using build 17027 that is linked from the router database. Instead I would use one of the later versions linked here: ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/ I've been using build 17967 as a repeater bridge for over 2 months and never had a problem.

Thanks for your kind help, CTXSi! By 'official build' I meant the most recent version, which is exactly r18024 from the link you provided. I just noticed that 'WAN IP' address at the upper right corner shows 0.0.0.0, not the host router's IP address. This means the Asus RT-N13U/B1 is not repeating the host, right? I'm still clueless where I have not set it up correctly. Sad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21, 22, 23  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 13 of 23
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: