Asus RT-N13U B1 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
AZERTY123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
alexchoi88 wrote:

The problem is that after I press save, and try to log back to the router at 192.168.1.2, I could not get into the router settings page. Browser simply showed an error page

After you change the router ip you need to change the same on your computer in network settings, e.g if you change router ip from 192.168.1.1 to 198.168.2.1 then you need to assign the computer a new static ip say: IP: 192.168.2.10 and
subnet 255.255.255.0 and
gateway 192.168.2.1
If you enable dhcp on both router and computer then no need for changing gateway etc.
Also don't connect another network card (LAN/Wifi) of computer to a different connection simultaneously as it can cause conflict.
Read the wiki carefully.
Sponsor
celsoakira
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:34    Post subject: Re: VPNC Problem Reply with quote
celsoakira wrote:
I tried to install VPNC but needs Kernel-module-tun. I didn't find anywhere.

root@DD-WRT:/opt/bin# ipkg-opt install vpnc
Installing vpnc (0.5.3-1) to /opt/...
Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/vpnc_0.5.3-1_mipsel.ipk
Nothing to be done
An error ocurred, return value: 1.
Collected errors:
ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for vpnc:
kernel-module-tun

Anyone knows a solution?

tks

Plz, anyone?
vishi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15    Post subject: Power LED Reply with quote
I'm not sure if its happening to other folks as well, but after flashing the latest build, (and Amit's build v7 too), the Power LED doesn't turn on.

While turning on the router, the Power LED lights up for a second or two and then goes off completely and remains off. Any reasons why this is happening ?
kurochkin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 20:33    Post subject: Re: Power LED Reply with quote
vishi wrote:
I'm not sure if its happening to other folks as well, but after flashing the latest build, (and Amit's build v7 too), the Power LED doesn't turn on.

I'm unaware of the particular reasons, but it has been this way for quite a long time now. A purely cosmetic thing with no impact on functionality, so you can just ignore it.
demon82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 21:40    Post subject: Did I brick my router? Reply with quote
Hi Community,
I have a Asus RT-N13U B1 router. I bought it and it came with firmware 2.0.0.7. I was excited and directly updated via web UI with asus-to-ddwrt.trx file to dd-wrt firmware (without reading the manual =/). I at least looked for rev B1. Everything worked fine (I thought). But I realised that I "destroyed" all of my LAN Ports. My router is not able anymore to accept any connection on any RJ-45 port after boot up. The recovery via LAN is working though (when the firmware is not loading).
So I tried to recover back to original firmware 2.0.0.7 and also to the newest 2.0.2.5F and also the initial flash file from dd-wrt but it don't help. Failure is same. He works fine via WLAN but no connection via LAN (or WAN) is possible.
Is there any method to recover the device? Did I brick it cause I didn't correct flash the image with the recovery tool (like written in the flash description)?

I also did YouTube video of this.

Edit:
of course I also did 30/30/30 reset.

Thanks for your time and help.
wernerml
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:11    Post subject: SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII......... BRICKED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, when I was ALMOST getting to work EVERYTHING,

(I ALREADY MADE THE "REPEATER BRIDGE" WORK)

(THERE WAS JUST THE USB MOUNTING PROBLEM LEFT TO AJUST)

(OVER 3 FIRMWARE BUILDS USED AT THE PROCESS)

AND, in the LAST ONE, I uploaded the firmware just FINE, the correct way, but after it uploaded, I rebooted, soft and hard (unplugin), but then I made a HARD RESET (with the "erase nvram" command), and only after I realised it was broken, I remembered that I didn't waited a couple of minutes after upgrade is complete and the router has rebooted itself.
(as stated very CLEARLY at the very beginning of this guide: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30)

MOTHER OF GOD, PLEASE, I JUST SPENT 200 HUNDRED BRAZILIAN REAIS IN THIS ROUTER, DIDN'T EVEN USED IT PRATICALLY....

is there any way to fix this? un-brick the mfcker? crash-it-open, re-un-plug some wires?

HELP PLEASE!!!!!![/u]
wernerml
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 16:12    Post subject: NEVERMIND! Reply with quote
NEVERMIND!

(GOT IT FIXED TODAY)

I think I was very lucky.. couse after 2 hours playing with the bricked device: (no access AT ALL through WIFI or LAN, and always turning itself ON and OFF over and over again, with the lights all jammed) I decided to let the modem rest for a while, and then: MAGICALLY IT WAKE UP IN RECOVERY MODE (USING THE WPS BUTTON INSTEAD OF THE RESET)[/u]
wernerml
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
TO FIX IT, I ALSO PLAYED WITH THE SWITCH-BUTTON:

(i think the reason for almost bricking maybe had something to do with my stupid change at this button RIGHT AFTER I UPLOADED FROM A FIRMWARE TO ANOTHER, i think i made my sweet Asus confused with that.. don't know how to explain better..)
angelTDW
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 18:11    Post subject: Noise level OK? Reply with quote
pals,
i m running Built 20119 on my ASUS RT-N13U B1 router.
needed to know, is the attached image ok (check the noise level), also, my desktop is in the same room as the router,, still it only gets 35% signal strength, also, if i place my iphone next to the router, it only shows 72% signal strength. y so?

the bottom 3 devices shown in the image connected, are in the same room as the router...still such poor signal strength?

needed help pals... and some ustanding..
thanx

angel
paxrex33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 23:22    Post subject: USB EXT3 partitions mounting Reply with quote
I can not mount usb disk with two EXT3 partitions.
I am using revision 18777.
When I run lsmod command I don't see ext3.
When I run insmod ext3 and then lsmod I still can't see ext3.

I would also like to install transmission and dlna server.
What revision is the best for this purpose?
paxrex33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:12    Post subject: Re: USB EXT3 partitions mounting Reply with quote
paxrex33 wrote:

I copied this script I foond on this thread. I added the last line to mount second partition. But only first partition is mounted?!
What did I do wrong now? When I telnet to router and run commands one by one both partitions are mounted Sad.

sleep 15
cd /lib/modules/3.2.12-rc1-svn18774/kernel/fs
insmod jbd
insmod mbcache.ko
insmod ext3
sleep 10
mount -t ext3 -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/sda1 /opt
mount -t ext3 -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/sda2 /mnt
paxrex33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:22    Post subject: Re: USB EXT3 partitions mounting Reply with quote
To conclude posts above I wrote.
At the end I mounted both partitions using telnet.
I just can't mount them both on router startup.
Installed transmision. Everything is working fine now.
But if I ever reboot my router I will have to do the mounting again and to restart transmission daemon Sad
sspmb_balu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 19:55    Post subject: transmission-daemon autostart Reply with quote
the transmission-daemon does not start at boot, i have written startup script (Save Startup) still does not work, when i execute the same line in command line through putty it runs. how to setup transmission-daemon autostart at boot?. Thanks
topet2k12001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 22:46    Post subject: Re: transmission-daemon autostart Reply with quote
sspmb_balu wrote:
the transmission-daemon does not start at boot, i have written startup script (Save Startup) still does not work, when i execute the same line in command line through putty it runs. how to setup transmission-daemon autostart at boot?. Thanks

Hm...it works for me...below is what I typed to add in the Startup command:

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

(...this assumes that you have another partition which is mounted at "mnt")
topet2k12001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 22:51    Post subject: Re: USB EXT3 partitions mounting Reply with quote
paxrex33 wrote:
paxrex33 wrote:

I copied this script I foond on this thread. I added the last line to mount second partition. But only first partition is mounted?!
What did I do wrong now? When I telnet to router and run commands one by one both partitions are mounted Sad.

sleep 15
cd /lib/modules/3.2.12-rc1-svn18774/kernel/fs
insmod jbd
insmod mbcache.ko
insmod ext3
sleep 10
mount -t ext3 -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/sda1 /opt
mount -t ext3 -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/sda2 /mnt

These are all the contents of my "Startup" commands:

Code:
nvram set et0macaddr=MY:MA:CA:DD:RE:SS
nvram commit
sleep 10
mount -t ext2 -o rw,noatime,nodiratime /dev/sda2 /mnt
/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon
sh /opt/etc/init.d/S95startPyload.sh start

Notice I no longer added a "mount -t blah...blah..." startup command anymore, because the "Automatic Drive Mount" feature (under Services->USB and selected "/opt" for my "Disk Mount Point") already takes care of mounting the first partition.

I'm using a USB Flash drive by the way and based on the materials I have read in DD-WRT, they recommend ext2 filesystem (just in case you're wondering why). I'm a new owner of the Asus RT-N13U B1 as well as a newbie here. Learned a lot so far and thanks to the community for all the Wiki articles, guides, and threads. Smile

EDIT: I'm using the revision 20119 of DD-WRT for this router. Just an off-topic tip/observation: there are two download files...one with a ".trx" file extension (for flashing to DD-WRT from Asus Stock Firmware) and another with a ".bin" file extension (for those who already have DD-WRT installed and just want to update to a newer version). I observed that the ".bin" version of revision 20119 drops Internet connection...so if you want to try out 20119 you may want to use the ".trx" file...the only thing is that you need to flash your router back to stock Asus Firmware first then use the ".trx" to flash it to DD-WRT revision 20119. The ".trx" file of 20119 is good and has not caused me problems at all (plus it already has automount and filesystem drivers so you won't need to do it manually like in the Wiki).
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 23
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: