Asus RT-N13U B1 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
stoney li
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
The problem is that my HDD has only one NTFS partition and it has contains a lot of files I want to share on the network (by a computer) already. With NTFS-3g built-in, I could install optware on the partition for other functions.

Anyway, I probably will keep use the computer to share the content for now.

Thanks.
Sponsor
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use a pendrive and a usb hub. I think it might work. Mount the pendrive first then mount the HDD.
mSergiy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've tried a lot of builds, but PPTP VPN doesn't work after 17990 build. Does anyone has/had this issue too?
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
VPN does not work it with encryption enabled. My custom build fix it.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=143685&start=315
rohansftw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:18    Post subject: LAN Tracker not working Reply with quote
I have two WAN-LAN trackers
Code:
http://tracker1.meghbelabroadband.in:55551/announce
http://tracker2.meghbelabroadband.in:55551/announce
Now the setup of my ISP is LAN based and it has a peering server located at 172.17.1.10. We get speed from that and if other LAN peers are active on that torrent then we get speed from those LAN peers. Pretty basic. Now the problem is that this tracker shows "hostname not found" on dd-wrt r16994 and r18777. But this tracker works fine on stock firmware. The problem faced due to this is that am able to get the LAN peer SERVER via some other public tracker(aka ping it) but am unable to connect to the LAN peers(but am able to ping IP) hence overall download speed decreases. And reverting back to stock is not an option as it renders my router useless after 8-10 hrs of it being on. I have to manually plug it out and then power it on again to get the connections to work.
surenther.ss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:15    Post subject: Transmission Issue in Repeater Bridge Mode Reply with quote
I bought RT-N13U router and successfully installed optware and transmission.

First i configured this router as "Wireless Access Point" with Beetel 450tc1. Everything worked fine.After doing Port forwarding in 450tc1, Transmission also worked with out any issues.

Now, i changed my room so i have configured RT-N13U as "Repeater Bridge" with 450tc1 for extending wireless signal. Now transmission is not working, it's not even connecting to any peers.

I tried by editing port no in transmission settings and also did the port forwarding in 450tc1 but still it's not working

Please help me to fix this issue.

MY SETUP
-----------

INTERNET ---> 450TC1 (192.168.1.1) -------(Repeater Bridge)-------------------> RT-N13U (192.168.1.2)
Kamikazee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Working DLNA server for Asus RT-N13U rev. B1 (build 19519)
ther00kie16
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:23    Post subject: wan ip, repeater bridge lan ports, etc. Reply with quote
So something happened a few days ago here with Charter's service and everyone lost internet but my n13u b1 has been impossible since. Charter denied anything happening even though I saw a truck of theirs leaving the area an hour before calling in.

Anyway, I couldn't get things stable. Internet would drop after just a few minutes and after a day, resetting didn't always register a wan ip. Plugging modem to laptop works but modem to router rarely worked. I tried resetting, hard reset, flashing back to stock firmware, etc. Then flashing to the recommended version in wiki (5/8/11 version) and using mac filter to add one ip at a time seemed to work until I noticed things like afterburner and other settings weren't right. But after disabling afterburner, etc., I couldn't get a wan ip again.

Anyway, I swapped the 2 routers (2nd is a 520gc that acted as a client bridge). However, as n13u doesn't have client bridge mode, I set it up in repeater bridge. After swapping the 2 routers, wireless works for the n13u but the lan ports don't, which I needed in the first place.

Anyone with any helpful info? Or is this the end of the road for my router?
jacquesxiao
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
facsi wrote:
VPN does not work it with encryption enabled. My custom build fix it.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=143685&start=315

Hi facsi, could you please update this link, I can't see your custom in this link.
BTW, in the call #2776 that you have closed regarding the MPPE, could you please specify which file you refer to? Should I simply copy&pate the codes from version 17201 to the latest build? Is it possible to include this patch in the newer build to avoid people asking the same question all the time?
One more question, I read that newer build supports already ext3 without any script, do you know since which version it has been integrated? I would like to have a look what has been changed. Since it works "natively" now, do you think that it makes sense to update also the wiki regarding the ext3 mount?
Thanks in advance.
rohansftw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:13    Post subject: Re: LAN Tracker not working Reply with quote
rohansftw wrote:
I have two WAN-LAN trackers
Code:
http://tracker1.meghbelabroadband.in:55551/announce
http://tracker2.meghbelabroadband.in:55551/announce
Now the setup of my ISP is LAN based and it has a peering server located at 172.17.1.10. We get speed from that and if other LAN peers are active on that torrent then we get speed from those LAN peers. Pretty basic. Now the problem is that this tracker shows "hostname not found" on dd-wrt r16994 and r18777. But this tracker works fine on stock firmware. The problem faced due to this is that am able to get the LAN peer SERVER via some other public tracker(aka ping it) but am unable to connect to the LAN peers(but am able to ping IP) hence overall download speed decreases. And reverting back to stock is not an option as it renders my router useless after 8-10 hrs of it being on. I have to manually plug it out and then power it on again to get the connections to work.

Anu solutions ? I have tried everything that I know of still not able to get it working.
ALT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
CTXSi wrote:
@ALT You say you "followed the tutorial that came along with the router". Did you install DD-WRT on it, or are you running the stock firmware? If you aren't running DD-WRT then you've probably come to the wrong place.

Hello again!

I didn't installed DD-WRT in it cause I'm 100% noob and was afraid of bricking my router.
So at really I just wanted to know if installing DD-WRT could fix the issue or if this bug was something totally unrelated to the firmware.

Anyway, now I will do it Cool. I read the wiki for Asus RT-N13U, this thread, the peacock thread and other stuff.
But I still have some doubts:

1) Wiki says this is the FW most stable version: ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/05-08-11-r16994/Asus-RTN13UB1/

This seems to be the most "recent": ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/05-27-2013-r21676/asus-rtn13ub1/ (has anyone tested it?)

Which of them would you recommend me to use? (or should i use another one)

2) Peacock thread says about hard reset before and after flashing, but the wiki doesn't even mention it.

Should I do like Peacock says or I should just follow the wiki ?
By the way, I read somewhere that 30/30/30 put this router in recovery mode. So, what would be the real procedure to hard reset this router?

Thank you! Very Happy
blueox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 17:08    Post subject: Asus RT-N13U B1, I changed Lan IP, now I can't login Reply with quote
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm new here.

I bought this router about 15 months ago, put dd-wrt on it right away and it's been solid ever since. My problem began today as I tried to add another wireless router (Linksys WRT54G) to this one with the goal of having better coverage out on my patio. When I went to my browser to access the Linksys router, which had the same Lan IP, it pulled up the Asus router. So I thought I would just temporarily change the Lan IP of my Asus so that I could access the Linksys router. That worked. So I changed the Linksys router IP from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.3. Tried to access the Asus router, now at 192.168.1.2, so I could change it back to 192.168.1.1. I get the main dd-wrt screen, but when I click on setup, up pops the login screen. admin, admin used to get me in. I've tried a lot of different combinations, including leaving both blank etc. but no luck.

Seeing how I'm a complete novice, I feel very lucky to still have internet access to ask this question.

Any and all thoughts on how to proceed are appreciated.
ALT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 18:58    Post subject: Re: Asus RT-N13U B1, I changed Lan IP, now I can't login Reply with quote
blueox wrote:
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm new here.

I bought this router about 15 months ago, put dd-wrt on it right away and it's been solid ever since. My problem began today as I tried to add another wireless router (Linksys WRT54G) to this one with the goal of having better coverage out on my patio. When I went to my browser to access the Linksys router, which had the same Lan IP, it pulled up the Asus router. So I thought I would just temporarily change the Lan IP of my Asus so that I could access the Linksys router. That worked. So I changed the Linksys router IP from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.3. Tried to access the Asus router, now at 192.168.1.2, so I could change it back to 192.168.1.1. I get the main dd-wrt screen, but when I click on setup, up pops the login screen. admin, admin used to get me in. I've tried a lot of different combinations, including leaving both blank etc. but no luck.

Seeing how I'm a complete novice, I feel very lucky to still have internet access to ask this question.

Any and all thoughts on how to proceed are appreciated.

Try this:
User: root
Password: admin

By the way, you said you put DD-WRT on it. Could you please answer any questions you know the answer, in my message (the message above yours)? Thanks
Very Happy
blueox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thx for the reply, but that did not work. Regarding your post, I don't recall how I did it, probably found a post here with instructions. I saw all the bad comments about the stock firmware and how dd-wrt was the way to go. I've had no problems with it, well, other than the self induced issue Smile Sorry, but no one should be taking computer advice from me. Hopefully someone hops on and solves both our issues. thx again.
blueox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
The short version of my post above:

What I did:
Changed my Lan IP by one digit.

My problem:
Now I can't login. I can pull up my router control panel (dd-wrt ver 24-sp2) but when I click on any of the tabs I get the "Authentication Required" box but the old "admin" "admin" login no longer works.

Current status:
The Asus router works and I'm on the internet. My other Linksys router works via lan to lan patch cable, though it's showing as a seperate wifi router on my devices. I can access the Linksys router and change settings on it.

hope that helps. tia.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 19 of 23
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: