Asus RT-N13U B1 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
zhadoom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
New release 17461...

Same old lacks or bugs. Not problems solved.
Sponsor
amitg0123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
New release 17461...

USB auto mount doesn't work. Stick with previous release.

I am trying to solve the issues by myself but no success. Why DD-WRT team doesn't provide any help/resources to build firmware?

I am sure they are using some different source tree and tools to build the firmware for Ralink based devices.

Also, the firmware-mod-kit doesn't work with Asus-RTN13UB1-webflash.bin.
grymster
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
amitg0123 wrote:

Also, the firmware-mod-kit doesn't work with Asus-RTN13UB1-webflash.bin.

Easy fix: replace in script "extract_firmware.sh" in line #112

"if [ $? != 0 ]; then"

with

"if [ $? != 1 ]; then"

and have fun Wink

P.S. New release (17461) gone from ftp Sad
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Noob question here, but according to the wiki I need to find the device specific page and follow those instructions or I will brick my new router. I can't seem to find the page for Rev B, all I can find is this

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N13U

which indicates rev B ain't working. Can someone link the right set of instructions I should follow so I can flash my router with this firmware? Thanks!

~Daniel
dinjo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wiki isn't updated.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sauva wrote:
Noob question here, but according to the wiki I need to find the device specific page and follow those instructions or I will brick my new router. I can't seem to find the page for Rev B, all I can find is this

which indicates rev B ain't working. Can someone link the right set of instructions I should follow so I can flash my router with this firmware? Thanks!

~Daniel

Follow the same instructions as for a plain RT-N13U but substitute all references to RT-N13U with RT-N13U B1.
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Follow the same instructions as for a plain RT-N13U but substitute all references to RT-N13U with RT-N13U B1.

Awesome, thanks. Any idea on a work-around for the lack of a Mac version of the Asus flash utility?

~Daniel
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I borrowed my buddies PC and flashed the router to great success! I'm having trouble getting it to mount a HDD and share it out via smb. I tried following the directions on the non-revB hardware page, but I'm guessing since the HDD won't mount I did something wrong. Can anyone help me find an idiot's guide to mounting a USB HDD and sharing out it's 3 partitions?

1 of the partitions is FAT (with lots of movies on it), the other 2 are Apple HFS+ used for TimeMachine if that matters (I'm guessing it might).

~Daniel
Amunhateb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where do you get new releases? I can't see it on the main site. In the router database there is still the 17027 version.
zhadoom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Amunhateb wrote:
Where do you get new releases? I can't see it on the main site. In the router database there is still the 17027 version.

ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/
Amunhateb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just used a new custom firmware by amitg0123, here it is http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=632612#632612. And It worked perfectly, automount on start! My dreams became reality.
yutoon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is now!

Got fired up by viking13's post about Kirill's wiki. Tried it and works great. No more Internet needed to load the FS.

So updated the N13U/B wiki, dumping all of my earlier narrative at top of page and writing all new. Please check it out and call any errors.

EDIT:
Another wiki update today:
    *Removed "beta" from grymster/amitg0123 FW description
    *Added paragraph near top to showcase that new FW
    *Put in large tutorial on mounting FS directly (no change to earlier text on downloading)
    *Tweaked the new narrative and updated some of the older

With this new material, the wiki server now complains about the page being too long (> 32 kB) and recommends breaking onto another page. (It's now 39 KB.) So with the next addition, without objection, I'll add a 'page 2'.

(Don't know if many have noticed but that wiki frequently comes up high in the search rank.)

Thanks to all who have contributed, both there and here in the forums.

~ u2n

dinjo wrote:
Wiki isn't updated.

Sauva wrote:

~Daniel
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 15:20    Post subject: Printer Support Reply with quote
I'm having trouble getting a networked usb printer set up. I'm using the firmware with built in file system support from this tread
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=143685

I've turned on usb support and printer support in the GUI. Then I tried to follow the directions on the wiki
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Printer_Sharing
and got lost on the very first step.
------
root@EmeraldServer:/# ipkg -force-depends install kmod-usb-printer
-sh: ipkg: not found
------
and you can see I got an error. I'll be honest I'm confused by that wiki page because there seem to be at least 2 different stets of instructions and I'm trying my best, but my tech-fu is severely lacking.

Moving along that printer setup page I don't know where to turn on jffs support because despite what the wiki says there's nothing under the admin tab by that name. I was trying to use these directions.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Jffs#Enable_JFFS:_Create_.2Fjffs

Can someone help me get a print server running? Is there a more "click here noob, copy/paste that" style walk-thru somewhere?
yutoon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 19:59    Post subject: Re: Printer Support Reply with quote
Sauva wrote:
Can someone help me get a print server running? Is there a more "click here noob, copy/paste that" style walk-thru somewhere?

www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N13U#Installing_a_Network_Printer_onto_Asus_RT-N13U

Please post any updates/clarifications needed.
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 13:35    Post subject: Re: Printer Support Reply with quote
yutoon wrote:

www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N13U#Installing_a_Network_Printer_onto_Asus_RT-N13U

Please post any updates/clarifications needed.

Success! <3
I don't know why I didn't scroll down farther on that page when I was doing the initial flash. I just searched and came up with that printer page. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21, 22, 23  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 23
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: