Help With D-Link 615 C1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
spawnofz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:18    Post subject: Help With D-Link 615 C1 Reply with quote
Hi,
So I flashed my D-Link router with the file dir615c1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware using the walk-through available. Everything went okay but now the router thinks it is the same router that we have running upstairs in our house. So my question is if someone can help point me in the right direction of turning this router into a bridge so I can run an Ethernet connection in my basement with out the use of holes in the and long wires from upstairs.
Sponsor
zoran
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:26    Post subject: Re: Help With D-Link 615 C1 Reply with quote
spawnofz wrote:
Hi,
So I flashed my D-Link router with the file dir615c1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware using the walk-through available. Everything went okay but now the router thinks it is the same router that we have running upstairs in our house. So my question is if someone can help point me in the right direction of turning this router into a bridge so I can run an Ethernet connection in my basement with out the use of holes in the and long wires from upstairs.

I suppose you changed ip address.
Also, repeater bridge is what you want? Detailed
instruction are in wiki, could not be better.
spawnofz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I followed the wiki page for creating a wireless bridge and it went swimmingly except for the fact that I can only get limited/no connectivity on any device plugged into the router running DD-WRT. Any suggestions? Thanks!
spawnofz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP

Any help please and thanks!
Peabody
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Isn't that router atheros or ralink.

We would need to know what build you flashed, at the very least. You might find some guidance in the announcements at the start of this forum, but they only apply to broadcom devices.

Navigation

Jump to: