TEW-673GRU GPL Available from Trendnet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
rmriggin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:12    Post subject: suck in recovery Reply with quote
I accidentally flashed the wrong image file. I was running the latest dd-wrt for dir-825 (previously did the modded firmware initial flash and upgraded from there without an issue). I decided I wanted to try a different build but flashed a broadcom build accidentally. I can boot into the recovery at 192.168.10.1 and I can upload any image I have tried that is for dir-825 or tew673gru successfully but I can't get into the router and it seems to always boot into the factory recovery mode no matter what I do because no matter how many times I power cycle it or 30/30/30 it if I set my IP to 192.168.10.10 I can always reach the 192.168.10.1 recovery page. At this point I would donate it for science unless someone can help.
Sponsor
wsong88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
omgwtfbbq.x wrote:
What is the latest stable version? Dont really care about the other functionality but would like port forwarding... does anyone have a mirror for the original file in Zivan56's email?

I have been using R18024, had problem with port forwarding initially, but found a workaround. Use "Port Range Forward" instead of "Port Forward" it worked for me, to forward port 80 for example set both start and end port to 80.
code65536
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
wsong88 wrote:
I have been using R18024, had problem with port forwarding initially, but found a workaround. Use "Port Range Forward" instead of "Port Forward" it worked for me, to forward port 80 for example set both start and end port to 80.
Hm? What problems, specifically? I just installed 18024 on a TEW-673GRU, and I encountered no port forwarding issues with either the regular port forwarding mode or the ranged mode. (Ranged forwarding can't do something like forward port 40000 to 3389 on computer 1 and port 40001 to 3389 on computer 2.)

There is the "issue" of loopback forwarding (e.g., accessing a LAN machine behind your NAT by accessing your own WAN address), but that's a matter of a non-standard behavior that DD-WRT no longer does by default (a behavior that could be easily restored via the instructions at http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/1868).
ScottyPimpin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is anyone having problems port forwarding with the 7/20/2012 build 19519 release?

I've tried port forwarding, port range forward and upnp with absolutely no luck.

If someone could give the new firmware a try on our router it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
bandoba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been using this router for last few months. For last few weeks, it suddenly hangs. At times only wireless goes bad but wired part is working. A power cycle typically brings it back. But I am getting tired of resetting it again and again. Since the firmware hasn't changed, I am thinking this is probably a hardware issue. Is there any ways I can confirm it or debug it further?
bohlio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey everyone. I just got this up and running. I'd like to post this just for those new to the thread (like I was) that are looking for the easiest way to go from junk to dd-wrt without having to sift through the pages and figure out what steps are needed and what are not.

Disclaimer: Unofficial support is just that, Unofficial. Just because a first time poster such as myself said it, doesn't mean its guaranteed to work. Go ahead if you're feeling adventurous.

Steps I took:
    -Started on Trendnet FW version 1.00b40
    -Dropped ethernet connection down to 100M Full duplex and connected to Port 1
    -Started up IE, dropped it down to IE8 mode.
    -Downloaded FW from Neozen21's link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16591356/factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin
    -Updated firmware using the Trendnet firmware update page.
    -30-30-30 reset after Trendnet's router restarting countdown hit zero.
    -Unplugged, walked away for a few mins
    -Turned on the power and DD-WRT was waiting for me.

Thanks to the guys who did the legwork in figuring this out. It's greatly appreciated.

Now a question for someone more familiar with the development process. If this works (knock on wood) flawlessly, then what does it take for it to be 'Officially' supported?
collinong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
successfully flashed to DD-WRT using the Neozen21 firmware file. I would like to update to the VPN version.

Can anybody point me to which VPN file I should download for this router? (or let me know if it won't fit or work)

Thanks.
collinong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, figured out that this version includes VPN.

Next issue is: this router includes two radios, one for N/2.4Ghz and another for A/5.8Ghz. It seems like you create two SSID's, one for each. I can see both SSID's but can only connect to the N one. If I try to connect to the A network, it rejects my password even though I have verified it in the web config to be correct (they are the same for both N and A).

Does anybody have the Wifi-A working ok?
collinong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/20/11) std (SVN revision 18024) the latest version that will work on this router? the other builds for D-link DIR-825 look to be older than this.

I'm having problems with:
- streaming videos take a long time to buffer and start playing, then stop to buffer really often and sometimes just stop and never complete.
- lots of pages start loading but never finish
- subjectively, webpages have a long latency before they start to load
alley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bohlio, thanks for the summary! Worked like a charm.

Collinong, I went to the DIR-825b2 thread to see what builds have been working well for them:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57708&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1920

As of today, they recommend 20119 which can be found AT YOUR OWN RISK here:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/10-12-12-r20119-testing/dlink-dir825-revb/

I have just loaded it. In case it helps somebody not think they've bricked theirs, I seem to need an extra step - after each 30/30/30 I need an additional power off before I can get into dd-wrt (suspect it's going into emergency repair mode). 20119 boots up fine, settings are taking fine, but will not get to thoroughly test it yet for a couple of hours (when I get home). I'll report back on stability...

Now, anybody had time to play with the lcd?
alley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
And reporting back - 20119 seems to be very stable, throughput is great (well a rural 5 meg connection isn't going to test that to its limits, but internally fine).

Only strange thing - to get the 'real' rf strength up to 17 db on the status page, the transmit power has to be set to 50db or above on the advanced settings under wireless. The default of 20 was so weak (3db)I thought the radios weren't working at all at first. Is this 'normal' for this router, or is this a bug specific to 20119?

EDIT: ok I missed a few pages of the thread. Set the antenna gain to 3db on both and things straighten out and you can drop the TX power back. However, the built in 'limiter' is annoying keeping power to 17db.

Has anybody had any luck with removing that limit? Or will better antennas help me? The router is running very smoothly, hate to have to switch because of the power limitations.

BTW, kudos to all that worked on Samba, running very smoothly in 20119!
usquetandem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
alley wrote:
And reporting back - 20119 seems to be very stable, throughput is great (well a rural 5 meg connection isn't going to test that to its limits, but internally fine).

Only strange thing - to get the 'real' rf strength up to 17 db on the status page, the transmit power has to be set to 50db or above on the advanced settings under wireless. The default of 20 was so weak (3db)I thought the radios weren't working at all at first. Is this 'normal' for this router, or is this a bug specific to 20119?

EDIT: ok I missed a few pages of the thread. Set the antenna gain to 3db on both and things straighten out and you can drop the TX power back. However, the built in 'limiter' is annoying keeping power to 17db.

Has anybody had any luck with removing that limit? Or will better antennas help me? The router is running very smoothly, hate to have to switch because of the power limitations.

BTW, kudos to all that worked on Samba, running very smoothly in 20119!

Thanks for being the Guinea pig, alley. I downloaded and installed 20119 too, took a deep breath, and, lo and behold, so far all is good.
I already had an older version of dd-wrt. I didn't do any 30/30/30, and chose to keep all existing setting. So far it seems to have worked with no ill effect.
baraynavab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
alley wrote:
Bohlio, thanks for the summary! Worked like a charm.

Collinong, I went to the DIR-825b2 thread to see what builds have been working well for them:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57708&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1920

As of today, they recommend 20119 which can be found AT YOUR OWN RISK here:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/10-12-12-r20119-testing/dlink-dir825-revb/

I have just loaded it. In case it helps somebody not think they've bricked theirs, I seem to need an extra step - after each 30/30/30 I need an additional power off before I can get into dd-wrt (suspect it's going into emergency repair mode). 20119 boots up fine, settings are taking fine, but will not get to thoroughly test it yet for a couple of hours (when I get home). I'll report back on stability...

Now, anybody had time to play with the lcd?

Ok I will try to upload the firmware 20119 ver that alley mentions. But what is the procedure to upgrade if you already have dd-wrt on the current router?

Currently I have the

Router Model Dlink DIR-825
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/17/11) std - build 16454

I am not sure if I have to go back to Trendnet's original firmware version before I can upgrade to the 20119 firmware version. Please advise as to what steps i need to take.

Previously with other DD-wrt's you could just update the firmware using the firmware page, In this case i dont want to take that risk.

Thanks
alley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 21:30    Post subject: Use the firmware upgrade page Reply with quote
Once dd-wrt is installed and working, you need to apply further dd-wrt firmware updates via the firmware update page.

Remember that many routers need a special trailed build to get them on the dd-wrt 'path', then you can update from the update page - so you in fact should definitely NOT go back to the original firmware before loading the latest build for your router. As always, make sure you are uploading the correct firmware for your router, but in this case I've given you that link above so you don't have to figure out the ftp site hierarchy.
baraynavab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:29    Post subject: Re: Use the firmware upgrade page Reply with quote
alley wrote:
Once dd-wrt is installed and working, you need to apply further dd-wrt firmware updates via the firmware update page.

Remember that many routers need a special trailed build to get them on the dd-wrt 'path', then you can update from the update page - so you in fact should definitely NOT go back to the original firmware before loading the latest build for your router. As always, make sure you are uploading the correct firmware for your router, but in this case I've given you that link above so you don't have to figure out the ftp site hierarchy.

So just to make sure Alley I can just go to the current dd-wrt firmware page on the router and take the firmware you have linked and upload it from the page right.

Do I then need to do a 30-30-30 and another power cycle to get it working alright? I think this is pretty self explanatory but I dont want to brick my router.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: