TEW-673GRU GPL Available from Trendnet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
sstyle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I have no repeater mode in wireless settings. Why? How can I get it?

What I did:

Steps I took:
-Started on Trendnet FW version 1.00b40
-Dropped ethernet connection down to 100M Full duplex and connected to Port 1
-Started up IE, dropped it down to IE8 mode.
-Downloaded FW from Neozen21's link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16591356/factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin
-Updated firmware using the Trendnet firmware update page.
-30-30-30 reset after Trendnet's router restarting countdown hit zero.
-Unplugged, walked away for a few mins
-Turned on the power and DD-WRT was waiting for me.
Sponsor
FlyingJob83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
zivan56 wrote:

Instructions:
1. Plug computer into port #1, set computer IP to 192.168.10.2, and make sure port speed is not gigabit or it will hang at uploading.
2. Hold down reset button while powering on the device for 30 secs.
3. Visit http://192.168.10.1/ and upload the file above.
4. Reset network to use DHCP, router will be at http://192.168.1.1

Done.

How exactly do I perform the bolded part in step one? Sorry if this is pretty basic stuff.
usquetandem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
sstyle wrote:
Hi everyone! I have no repeater mode in wireless settings. Why? How can I get it?

There is no repeater mode in Atheros builds. Use client mode.
baraynavab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Guys I wanted to update I have the following build on my Trendnet

Router Model
Dlink DIR-825
Firmware Version
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/12/12) std - build 20119

Its very stable and has no issues. I would like to know if i can just use the latest dlink 825 firmware on this guy or not?

Thanks
racecar56
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
InvisiBill wrote:
Thanks for all the work and info on this, zivan56.

I followed the instructions that have been posted here a few times, but using the 18024 build and editing the file myself.

1. Download the r18024 files factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin and dir825-firmware.bin.
2. Hexedit (I use the free Hex Editor Neo) factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin and change the last byte to 1 (30 -> 31).
3. Set PC's NIC to 192.168.10.2 and 100Mbps.
4. Hold the Reset button on the router for 30 seconds while powering up.
5. Upload the modified factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin file at http://192.168.10.1/.
6. After a few minutes, reset the NIC to DHCP and connect to http://192.168.1.1/.
7. Use the standard GUI method to upgrade to the dir825-firmware.bin with the Reset option.

I used Firefox 9.0.1 for the firmware update without any problems. I set my NIC to 100Mbps, but Windows complained that I needed to restart for it to take effect, which I didn't do. Depending on your exact setup, you may or may not have luck with your NIC set to 1Gbps/Auto or with certain browsers.

I did have some weirdness with my wireless networks not showing up at first, but eventually they appeared. I tried changing settings back and forth and re-saving, but the sudden decision to start working didn't seem to coincide with anything I actually did. I need to play with it some more, but it seems to be working well so far after the initial issues.

I was successfully able to get DD-WRT working this way after having a TEW-673GRU freak out and start rebooting itself with the stock firmware. I pretty much used this method, except that I used these DD-WRT #16454 BINs instead of the #18024 ones. Opera + Linux on an old laptop with 100Mbits Ethernet didn't work, and IE 11 + Windows 7 64 on a much more modern desktop PC didn't work, either, the router was still at the recovery page upon waiting several minutes for what I at least thought was flashing. Firefox 27.0.1 on the same desktop PC did the trick. Nice to know it works with my preferred browser. Interestingly, I didn't have to force my Gigabit NIC in the desktop computer down to 100Mbits, it was too late by the time I realized, and it went fine anyway, so that's cool.

I encourage anyone who either has the same issue as I did, or simply wants more features, to go ahead and give this a try. I was wary of bricking the router, whether that be from me doing something wrong, or my PC crashing (especially considering I've had some crashing issues lately, but that is another story, which I will take care of it if it hasn't been fixed already), but I was glad to make it through.

I also look forward to hearing how well this router does on newer versions of DD-WRT, I'm considering upgrading from this fairly old version, but it's working mostly fine, and I really want to avoid bricking the router as much as I can.

Thank you all for your information. Best of luck to anyone who wishes to try this out!

EDIT: I was successfully able to upgrade to build #20119. I am happy that I did not brick my router!
somed00d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:52    Post subject: Port Forwarding? Reply with quote
Can anyone confirm that port forwarding works on the later dlink builds such as 20119? My use case is to send traffic from port 80 to a web server. This did not work on 18024. Thanks!
racecar56
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:31    Post subject: Re: Port Forwarding? Reply with quote
somed00d wrote:
Can anyone confirm that port forwarding works on the later dlink builds such as 20119? My use case is to send traffic from port 80 to a web server. This did not work on 18024. Thanks!

Port forwarding is working fine for me on #20119.
XavierDery
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:38    Post subject: Same question here, and another one... Reply with quote
FlyingJob83 wrote:
zivan56 wrote:

Instructions:
1. Plug computer into port #1, set computer IP to 192.168.10.2, and make sure port speed is not gigabit or it will hang at uploading.

Done.

How exactly do I perform the bolded part in step one? Sorry if this is pretty basic stuff.

Hello ! First attempt at flashing DD-WRT, and apparently I do not have one of the more straightforward routers !

I have the Same question than FlyingJob83 about #1, and also I'm not sure about #3, "upload the file above". Am I going to be using the stock firmware to do that, or is it something I do manually with my browser?

I'm usually pretty autonomous in finding how stuff works with computahs, but I've googled both these instructions, and I cannot seem to find the right was to ask this to the internets... usually I have better results =) so... Help please !

Thanks, I'm very eager to try that.
racecar56
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:47    Post subject: Re: Same question here, and another one... Reply with quote
XavierDery wrote:
FlyingJob83 wrote:
zivan56 wrote:

Instructions:

Done.

Hello ! First attempt at flashing DD-WRT, and apparently I do not have one of the more straightforward routers !

I have the Same question than FlyingJob83 about #1, and also I'm not sure about #3, "upload the file above". Am I going to be using the stock firmware to do that, or is it something I do manually with my browser?

I'm usually pretty autonomous in finding how stuff works with computahs, but I've googled both these instructions, and I cannot seem to find the right was to ask this to the internets... usually I have better results =) so... Help please !

Thanks, I'm very eager to try that.

To perform Step #1, you need to go into Device Manager, find your Ethernet device (in my case "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller"), double-click it in the list, click the "Advanced" tab, click "Speed & Duplex," and set the value to 100 Mbps Full Duplex.

If If you have only a 100mbps Ethernet adapter to start with, this is not necessary.

I am not 100% sure what you want to know about Step #3. Could you elaborate on this?

I hope to help you through this firmware flash, I hope it goes well for you as it did for me.
somed00d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:08    Post subject: Re: Port Forwarding? Reply with quote
racecar56 wrote:
somed00d wrote:

Quick update, I was able to flash the 20119 firmware onto the TEW-673GRU and Port Forwarding is working as expected - YAY!! I see talk on the DLINK thread about build # 21676, has anyone tried this build yet?

I will probably stay away for now since it does seem to be working well on 20119.
racecar56
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:21    Post subject: Re: Port Forwarding? Reply with quote
somed00d wrote:
racecar56 wrote:
somed00d wrote:

Quick update, I was able to flash the 20119 firmware onto the TEW-673GRU and Port Forwarding is working as expected - YAY!! I see talk on the DLINK thread about build # 21676, has anyone tried this build yet?

I will probably stay away for now since it does seem to be working well on 20119.

I'm glad to know that you also had success!

I have no experience with build #21676, so I think it's a good idea to avoid it for now.

EDIT: Interesting coincidence, it seems you have joined this forum two years before I did on the same day.
code65536
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:01    Post subject: Re: Port Forwarding? Reply with quote
somed00d wrote:
racecar56 wrote:
somed00d wrote:

Actually, 18024 was a great, stable build that I used for a couple of years--it went nearly 300 days without a reboot (power outage knocked it out). Anyway, port forwarding works fine on 18024; you probably were experiencing a problem with NAT loopback, which required additional configuration on those builds to work.

Anyway, 23919 works equally well on the 673GRU, and and 23919 also has the Heartbleed fix. Post-23919 builds may not be as good, though, based on what I see in the forums...

somed00d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:34    Post subject: Re: Port Forwarding? Reply with quote
code65536 wrote:
Actually, 18024 was a great, stable build that I used for a couple of years--it went nearly 300 days without a reboot (power outage knocked it out). Anyway, port forwarding works fine on 18024; you probably were experiencing a problem with NAT loopback, which required additional configuration on those builds to work.

Anyway, 23919 works equally well on the 673GRU, and and 23919 also has the Heartbleed fix. Post-23919 builds may not be as good, though, based on what I see in the forums...

I will have to research the Heartbleed issue in DDWRT to see if I need to upgrade.

I also wanted to post to inform the community that I have been running build 21676 and it has been very solid so far.
baraynavab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 16:36    Post subject: Upgraded to Dlink DIR-825 b v23919 Reply with quote
Hey guys i just upgraded my Trendnet to the latest build as v23919. Dont know if its stable yet. I will report back. Although I am sure it will be quiet stable.

One thing I was about to do a big mistake on upgrading as i was about to choose the ver C of the 825. The Trendnet we got is the "B" version with 64MB ram. Ver C has 128MB ram i believe.

Anyways here is the link to make it easy for others.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=betas%2F2014%2F04-18-2014-r23919%2Fdlink-dir825-revb%2F
baraynavab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 14:27    Post subject: Re: Upgraded to Dlink DIR-825 b v23919 Reply with quote
baraynavab wrote:
Hey guys i just upgraded my Trendnet to the latest build as v23919. Dont know if its stable yet. I will report back. Although I am sure it will be quiet stable.

One thing I was about to do a big mistake on upgrading as i was about to choose the ver C of the 825. The Trendnet we got is the "B" version with 64MB ram. Ver C has 128MB ram i believe.

Anyways here is the link to make it easy for others.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=betas%2F2014%2F04-18-2014-r23919%2Fdlink-dir825-revb%2F

Alright Folks here to report back that the v23919 version of the router is rock solid. Running 16 days without any issues. So I would use it.

Btw this TP-Link router is just amazing...as it just runs and runs..no issues what so ever.

Also I was for the first time sucessfully able to setup a guest Wifi network... using this link...

http://www.alexlaird.com/2013/03/dd-wrt-guest-wireless/

Just be sure to put in the following commands in the Admininstration - > commands tab after you setup wireless guest sid.

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `get_wanface` -j SNAT --to `nvram get wan_ipaddr`
iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -o br0 -m state --state NEW -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o br1 -m state --state NEW -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport telnet -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport ssh -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport www -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport https -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 12 of 13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: