Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N does not want me to set gateway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
supremedalek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 0:58    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N does not want me to set gateway Reply with quote
I have here a WHR-HP-G300N in which I just installed v24 preSP2 Beta. I configured the firewall rules I wanted without much issue and then went to set it for static IP on its WAN port. That almost went fine; the small issue I am having is that I do not seem to be able to set its gateway IP address. Every time I enter it and click on save, the gateway IP is reset back to 0.0.0.0. Why would it be doing so? Everything else on that page seems to work fine: I can save and commit and it will not change back to whatever.

Could I be missing some step? I have tried out in a Mac using Opera, Firefox, and Safari with similar results. I also tried again with firefox in an ubuntu 10.04 laptop and my gateway is still 0.0.0.0. Rather frustrating if you ask me.
Sponsor
phatdawg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im having the exact same issue, but i am using WZR-HP-G300NH.. Any help would be great.
phatdawg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update, Here is what i have tried. I reset 30/30/30, had no luck with that. so i reverted back to stock firmware then did a 30/30/30 and upgraded to dd-wrt. then did a 30/30/30 again. None of this has worked. Please does anyone have any ideas.

Is there a way of setting the IP information through telnet?
i5xswipe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 17:58    Post subject: Who is your ISP? Reply with quote
I had troubles getting my Buffalo WZR-HP-300NH up and going using Uverse + a surge protector.

I have a Uverse installation in basement, hardwired to the office where the Buffalo LAN/WLAN sits.

I had originally had a surge protector with ethernet protection in the line to protect the electronics in the office. I had an extreme amount of trouble getting the buffalo router to acquire and hold the WAN IP address from the Uverse Residential Gateway (RG). Removing the surge protector fixed the problem immediately!

The next thing is the Uverse RG hates having multiple NATs or routers behind it. So you need to login to the Uverse RG and give the Buffalo AP DMZ so it obtains the IP information directly and not through the Gateway.

Note: I am on the forums now because every 24hrs the "static" ip which is actually "dynamic" changes and the buffalo refuses to refresh without having to physically get involved.

Disabling the Buffalo NAT and allowing the Uverse RG to assign a Network IP address through NAT may fix this issue, but I am not certain at the moment.
phatdawg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont think that will fix the issue i am having, I just have a Static IP from my ISP. I would normally go to my previous netgear router and select Static ip and enter the info from my provider.
phatdawg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the solution, i upgraded to Brainslayer build 14815, and was able to set the gateway. Now to play. Very Happy
supremedalek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Newbie question: how did you get build 14815?

Update: Nevermind; google found it for me: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=75643

That said, it seems some people are having issues with that build.
2jaded
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:39    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote
I too have the WZR-HP-G300NH and am having the same problem. It detects the DHCP lease from my ISP and prefills those values but as soon as I try and set static IP values (I have a business line with registered DNS) it reverts the gateway back (all other values remain).

So basically no port forwarding for me until I either give the dev build a shot or revert back to the 1.74 firmware from Buffalo.
supremedalek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
2jaded, I did try build 14815 (link to it my previous post) and so far it seems to be working in static mode. Also, I have 5 ports being forwarded including 3 to the wireless network (one is a camera).

Of course, we need to see how it behaves long term. And, I would not mind if the latest build would work as build 14815, but hey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: