Converting a WRT320N into E2000 (Success!)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 39, 40, 41  Next
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also if you backup your CFE for the wrt320n before you do this and want to revert back you can. I have already tested this as well, reverted back to wrt320n cfe, used a edited trailed 320 build and flashed back, worked like a charm. Then reverted back to E2000.

Edit: BTW, this appears to be alot faster and stable on downloads.

Edit: I am also attaching the mod'd 320 build as well, have had a few msgs about it, so here it is Smile

dd-wrt.v24-14471_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt320n_mod.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dd-wrt.v24-14471_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt320n_mod.bin
 Filesize:  3.29 MB
 Downloaded:  1856 Time(s)

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.

Last edited by buddee on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:44; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erm i don't know about you guys, but im not clicking on that link.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Erm i don't know about you guys, but im not clicking on that link.

Yeah, 1 post with suspicious info and sent from an IP belonging to an anonymity service... Deleted.

diesel2k
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a WRT320N what is the advantage of changning it to an E2000? Besides just being cool.

Does it make the reset button work properly?

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am on an European model, I noticed the following in the attached CFE

country=US,US/2,Q2..

My CFE on my WRT320N has the following info

country=TLA,EU,EU.ÿÿ

It is right below the pin number. Is it allright to change this? Or should I leave it be.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
diesel2k wrote:
I have a WRT320N what is the advantage of changning it to an E2000? Besides just being cool.

I'm also interested in the advantages of flashing to E2000 Smile
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
guesswhat wrote:
diesel2k wrote:

I'm also interested in the advantages of flashing to E2000 Smile

the biggest advantage is that the E~ routers have a 60k nvram partion vs 32k in the wrt series.

It was also mentioned that the reset button now works when you turn your wrt into an E.. I would like to get that confirmed by someone who has converted thier 320 into an e2000.

I would also expect that linksys fixed a few of the mistakes that may have been present with the 320 in regards to cfe bugs. The only one I know about it the reset button.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
diesel2k wrote:

yes reset works fine now, even 30-30-30, i setup the unit with my usual settings, did a 30-30-30 and it set everything back to default (yes had to set a user/pass again)

Also if you are in doubt, don't. Thats all i can say Smile

barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
diesel2k wrote:

yes reset works fine now, even 30-30-30, i setup the unit with my usual settings, did a 30-30-30 and it set everything back to default (yes had to set a user/pass again)

Also if you are in doubt, don't. Thats all i can say Smile

No doubt.. Just needed to confirm. I don't have a 320. Rumor had it that a change was made to the pcb to enable the reset button on the e2000.

That in itself is reason enough to convert to a 2000.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:

No doubt.. Just needed to confirm. I don't have a 320. Rumor had it that a change was made to the pcb to enable the reset button on the e2000.

barry, yes the doubt part was for the virgins at hand, that have not yet tried the conversion for the wrt610n v2 or the wrt320n, you have pop'd to many cherries, so you dont count.. :)

I had read about that pcb, right now i am comparing both the CFE's (wrt320 & e2000) to see if it actually did have something to do with it. Far as i can see with my unit here though, 30-30-30 does actaully reset everything now (nvram erased) also another thing i am gonna test as well, seeing if the WPS button hold down actually erases nvram as it did on the wrt320n.

buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
So far i have done the 30-30-30, WPS button held for 10 seconds and simply holding the reset button for 30 seconds and release, all of them reset to default settings.

buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
diesel2k wrote:
I am on an European model, I noticed the following in the attached CFE

country=US,US/2,Q2..

My CFE on my WRT320N has the following info

country=TLA,EU,EU.ÿÿ

It is right below the pin number. Is it allright to change this? Or should I leave it be.

Hrm... interesting, the safe bet would be to have an E2000 user in EU with dd-wrt installed to make a CFE backup and post it for editing.

Other than that i am unsure if using the one i posted would work for an EU model.

sturesur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 20:08    Post subject: THX 2 BUDDEE! Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
This is how to turn your WRT320N into an E2000.

Hey - really well done - had no problem updating my WRT320N to an E2000 CFE.

Many Thanks!
bibson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great job,I did it last night after a quick tutorial on how to use an Hex editor. Thank you
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
No probs, its pretty simple, and will now function just like an E2000. I also upgraded to Brainslayer's 14929 build for the E2000 (yes he is making builds for this unit now) and it works great.

Right now i am currently in search of a Europe E2000 CFE so i can further look into diesel2k's dilema. If they match, and the only thing is changing to country codes... then i want to edit my how to so it includes this for EU users as well.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 39, 40, 41  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 41
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: