Converting a WRT320N into E2000 (Success!)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Theliel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Umm, Im waiting for european CFE. Please, tell us if you found it. Should be "easy" on the CFE colector thread
RT-AC56U -> Merlin 374.42_2
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Theliel wrote:
Umm, Im waiting for european CFE. Please, tell us if you found it. Should be "easy" on the CFE colector thread

You and me both...

From what i am beginning to see, EU users i have spoken with say they don't even have the E~ series linksys in their countries...This being said you could possibly have a long wait.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Theliel wrote:

You and me both...

From what i am beginning to see, EU users i have spoken with say they don't even have the E~ series linksys in their countries...This being said you could possibly have a long wait.

They'll appear in Europe eventually when Cisco has cleared their old stock.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
So does this convert the router to simultaneous dual band n? or do you still have to choose between 2.4 and 5 GHz?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
h4x0r wrote:
So does this convert the router to simultaneous dual band n? or do you still have to choose between 2.4 and 5 GHz?

Still have to choose 2.4 or 5, this unit does not have dual radios.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
h4x0r
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
h4x0r wrote:

Still have to choose 2.4 or 5, this unit does not have dual radios.

So what's the point? why does it matter if it says E2000 on the router info page instead of WRT320N? Why not just load firmware onto the stock WRT320N?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
h4x0r wrote:

So what's the point? why does it matter if it says E2000 on the router info page instead of WRT320N? Why not just load firmware onto the stock WRT320N?

With the E2000 you have more NVRAM space. Also what is the point of comments like this? If you don't want to do it and see no point in this, then this post does not concern you.

diesel2k
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fingers crossed for EU cfe just to be on the safe side Smile
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
h4x0r wrote:

With the E2000 you have more NVRAM space. Also what is the point of comments like this? If you don't want to do it and see no point in this, then this post does not concern you.

Hey buddee, can you go over what more NVRAM space would mean...better performance? Bigger Builds available?

Respectfully asked and thanks!

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
fallout330 wrote:

Hey buddee, can you go over what more NVRAM space would mean...better performance? Bigger Builds available?

No probs fallout~

It would be good if you ran like say big firewall scripts that eat up some NVRAM space, and really to be honest, since i did this, the router itself seems to run smoother.

Not sure if its the process of expanding the NVRAM or just the newer dd-wrt builds or what. If you don't use this (big scripts etc) though, im not certain that you would need this.

Edit: also it does not add bigger builds, as the wrt320n already has an 8Mb flash, so it can already run the biggest build.

fallout330
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
fallout330 wrote:

No probs fallout~

It would be good if you ran like say big firewall scripts that eat up some NVRAM space, and really to be honest, since i did this, the router itself seems to run smoother.

Not sure if its the process of expanding the NVRAM or just the newer dd-wrt builds or what. If you don't use this (big scripts etc) though, im not certain that you would need this.

Probably a little more than what I would need for the moment. Good to know the option is there if needed. Thanks for the reply!

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
fallout330 wrote:

No probs fallout~

Edit: also it does not add bigger builds, as the wrt320n already has an 8Mb flash, so it can already run the biggest build.

don't forget Linksys fixed the reset button in the cfe. The reset button now works. Also, your router is running better / smoother cuz I am sure linksys also fixed some cfe bugs in the 320 when they changed them to 2000's.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
buddee wrote:
fallout330 wrote:

No probs fallout~

don't forget Linksys fixed the reset button in the cfe. The reset button now works. Also, your router is running better / smoother cuz I am sure linksys also fixed some cfe bugs in the 320 when they changed them to 2000's.

Very good barryware....it might be worth the upgrade then, thanks!

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have just completed this mod and there's definitely some speed improvements on the download stream - so thanks!

I just wanted to add that I ignored the country field and the router works just fine so do try at your own risk Smile
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
RiStaR wrote:
Have just completed this mod and there's definitely some speed improvements on the download stream - so thanks!

I just wanted to add that I ignored the country field and the router works just fine so do try at your own risk Smile

Excellent, i am guessing you are in EU? If so, are all the channels available for you still?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39, 40, 41  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 41
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: