Buffalo wcr-gn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
JoKeRz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi wack - I was not able to get to the same point as you. My serial connection does not seem to allow me to send commands to the router. I can however read the messages spilled out by the Router. Can you confirm the pinout you used for tx/rx/vcc/gnd on the board?

BrainSlayer - would you be able to enlighten us with the actual commands we should issue on the router serial console to get the experimental firmware loaded? As wack reported, it seems not to be the same command as for WHR-G300N.
Thanks,

JoKeRz
Sponsor
denghongcai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
You have the same problem with me.Please try using hyper-terminal on WinXP,not Win7.
junga
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, although it is an old post here is a solution , if you want to actually USE this 9$ WCR-GN router, which is working for me, that I found on Buffalo forum:

Re: How to setup WCR-GN in bridge mode on existing network?
Plug your computer into a LAN port on the WCR-GN.

Go to 192.168.11.1 in your web browser.

User name is "root" password is blank (no password) just hit OK after putting in root

You should be in Setup tab. Under Mode Information, click the Bridge Mode circle and click on Apply.

User name is "root" hit OK

click on Wireless Config tab.

click on WDS sub tab

on WDS click on use box, screen will expand.

click on search

click the circle of the row of the ssid of your network, then click select

put in your passkey if any, click apply

unplug your computer from the WCR-GN. Wait 10 seconds, plug back in. You should get a new IP address and be connected to your network.

which it did, and the connection on the WCR-GN is secure too.
If this can help,
Cheers
KeithO
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:43    Post subject: Didn't work Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
its now supported. the current experimental builds do contain a image which can be flashed using the serial console

I flashed the firmware successfully using the serial console. Boots up fine and I can configure dd-wrt, but my device can't see the AP in any mode.
leftyvz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
same thing - wifi not working - looking for procedure how to revert to original buffalo firmware - any ideas?
leftyvz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got reply from buffalo:

Quote:
Hi,
Unfortunately once you install the Buffalo DD-WRT professional version of firmware, you are not able to downgrade back to the friendly version.

So I'm still stuck on DD-WRT with WiFi not working.
If anyone have solution (original Buffalo fw, or DD-WRT version with WiFi working) it would be nice to share with us.

Thnx.
ppcasm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:51    Post subject: wcr-gn Reply with quote
I can confirm that there is a problem with the wifi on this router with all dd-wrt builds I've tried for wcr-gn. I believe I have a V4. The interesting thing is that it seems to boot up and work and show wireless and all of that if you flash it with the DIR615H build of dd-wrt (chipset is a very close relative), but it keeps restarting shortly after (likely a watchdog timer issue.)
hotl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I learnt from other forum. Someone put “site survey” in the “save startup”. This problem was solved. I have not tested it.

I have WCR-GN but I’m not skillful to use TTL. so, I’m using original firmware.
sannosuke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
hotl wrote:
I learnt from other forum. Someone put “site survey” in the “save startup”. This problem was solved. I have not tested it.

I have WCR-GN but I’m not skillful to use TTL. so, I’m using original firmware.

Could you please post the link to that post in the 'other forum'?

Managed to upload the firmware by Serial TTL on WCR-GN but wifi was dead. Did the same with WCR-HP-GN and wifi was working. Reverted back to Buffalo firmware using a file I found in this forum. Want to make one last effort to try WCR-GN with dd-wrt and working wifi. Just need instructions from that post you mentioned.

Thanks.
mazinsi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Sannosuke, can you confirm that working ddwrt on WCR-HP-GN. I purchase WCR-GN, I might be able to replace at the shop if WCR-HP-GN wifi working.
vladmx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
sannosuke wrote:
Could you please post the link to that post in the 'other forum'?

Managed to upload the firmware by Serial TTL on WCR-GN but wifi was dead. Did the same with WCR-HP-GN and wifi was working. Reverted back to Buffalo firmware using a file I found in this forum. Want to make one last effort to try WCR-GN with dd-wrt and working wifi. Just need instructions from that post you mentioned.

Thanks.

Hello sannosuke. Could you comment on how did you reverted back to Buffalo firware?

I'm planning to test BrainSlayer's last build for WCR-GN on a couple of this devices that are giving me problems when connected as bridge on the same LAN, but would like to be able to revert to stock firmware in case wifi does not work.
Oneso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:25    Post subject: Router converted to WAP (a.k.a. Cascading routers) Reply with quote
setup WCR-GN as Cascading Router[/img]
kicsrules
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
just a quick question, do you recommend this router ? im trying to get it soon as a range extender.... will use stock fw.
melloyello
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any update on the Buffalo WCR-GN ?

I bought one because it was on the workable router list, and now it seems it isn't.

My status of knowledge is now:

1.) It can not be flashed without opening the case
2.) After a serial flash Wifi will not work

If that's the case I don't think this router belongs in the workable router list.

Any updates on that?
bigbuffalo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
melloyello wrote:
Is there any update on the Buffalo WCR-GN ?

I bought one because it was on the workable router list, and now it seems it isn't.

My status of knowledge is now:

1.) It can not be flashed without opening the case
2.) After a serial flash Wifi will not work

If that's the case I don't think this router belongs in the workable router list.

Any updates on that?

The wifi is working. Only you need to fix the factory setting as per:

http://www.right.com.cn/forum/thread-149466-1-1.html

At least this solution works for my WCR-GN after hundred trial on other solutions.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: