BrainSlayer Build 8-12-10-r14929

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Boulder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
devicemanager wrote:
I have two WZR-HP-G300NH routers where one is an AP and the other is a client bridge w/ vap. I just upgraded from 14896 to 14929. Oddly enough the client bridge will not pass any internet traffic and will occasionally timeout while pinging the AP (gateway). The wireless status and sys-info pages show both units connected. 30-30-30 reset did not help. If I connect wirelessly to the AP I have internet access. If I downgrade the client bridge back to 14896 it passes internet traffic without having to modify any settings.
I can confirm this, I have two V2 units which have the same problem. Now the AP has the new firmware and the client bridge was downgraded to 14896 which seems to be a working combination.
Sponsor
toxicanarchist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I too stepped back to r14896 as Client Bridge mode on my E1 does not work with r14929.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
guy with 2 atheros units use wiki: WDS NOT client_bridge mode!
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
Isn't using WDS just a waste of bandwidth if you can use the bridged mode?
devicemanager
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Boulder wrote:
Sash wrote:
Isn't using WDS just a waste of bandwidth if you can use the bridged mode?

Client bridge mode worked fine in the previous release so there is no need to waste bandwidth using WDS.
WildSioux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Boulder wrote:
devicemanager wrote:
I have two WZR-HP-G300NH routers where one is an AP and the other is a client bridge w/ vap. I just upgraded from 14896 to 14929. Oddly enough the client bridge will not pass any internet traffic and will occasionally timeout while pinging the AP (gateway). The wireless status and sys-info pages show both units connected. 30-30-30 reset did not help. If I connect wirelessly to the AP I have internet access. If I downgrade the client bridge back to 14896 it passes internet traffic without having to modify any settings.
I can confirm this, I have two V2 units which have the same problem. Now the AP has the new firmware and the client bridge was downgraded to 14896 which seems to be a working combination.

Same here, just tried r14929 on my WZR-HP-G300NH in client bridge and it wouldn't pass traffic even though it said connected.

Down to r14896 and is working fine.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
WildSioux wrote:
Boulder wrote:
devicemanager wrote:

Same here, just tried r14929 on my WZR-HP-G300NH in client bridge and it wouldn't pass traffic even though it said connected.

I have two WZR-HP-G300NH units as well. When I use client bridging mode, I do not seem to get anywhere near as good the coverage and speed I enjoy in WDS mode. The only problem is that it is up and down like a tarts knickers. I will now upgrade to build 14896 and try my luck again.

My thanks to all the guys in the community for their tireless efforts in developing this platform, great work and my gratitude.
DudleyG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
WildSioux wrote:
Boulder wrote:
devicemanager wrote:

Confirmed with client bridge over 2 TPLINK TL-WR1043NDs.
meocene
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
bricked my WGT264
had to revert to 14896
theirongiant
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vote of confidence for 14929 on my DIR-825 8)

I figured out the wireless settings for my DIR-825 (both antenna chains have to be set at 1+2). Prior to fixing the antenna chain, the packet loss was staggering >20% and it would frequently stop working altogether.

I configured OpenVPN successfully, thanks to the "VPN - the Easy Way" guide over at the Wiki.
lordgreg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi,

I just updated my WZR-HP-G300NH to 14929 from 14896 and the bug still appears:

after being connected with 300mbit for around 5 minutes, the connection drops to 144mbits.

Does anyone knows how to fix this or do we have to wait for new build?

thank you for replying.
uladzislau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 20:03    Post subject: not so good Reply with quote
So I just flashed the latest 14929 via web interface. All went smooth, I did 30/30/30 couple of times. Initially everything seemed to be fine. But after an hour of usage data transfer has halted, wireless clients could not connect to the router (or taking too long) etc. Connecting to the router via telnet revealed that CPU usage is close to 100% and all CPU is used by ksoftirqd/0. sirq also was close to 90-100%. When I have disconnected all my clients from the router CPU usage dropped back to 5-10% in a minute but as soon as I started to stream something (Netflix, etc.) CPU usage again jumped to 100% and streaming just halted.

I did 30/30/30 and reconfigured the router again. It has solved the issue for now, but when I look into telnet/top I see that occasionally "sirq" jumps to 50%.

I flashed back 14896 and everything seems to be back to normal. Thought I still getting very slow Web UI if I access via LAN while via WLAN Web UI is normally fast.

Last edited by uladzislau on Wed Sep 01, 2010 0:45; edited 1 time in total
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 20:35    Post subject: Re: not so good Reply with quote
uladzislau wrote:
So I just flashed the latest 14929 via web interface. All went smooth, I did 30/30/30 couple of times. Initially everything seemed to be fine. But after an hour of usage data transfer has halted, wireless clients could not connect to the router (or taking too long) etc. Connecting to the router via telnet revealed that CPU usage is close to 100% and all CPU is used by ksoftirqd/0. sirq also was close to 90-100%. When I have disconnected all my clients from the router CPU usage dropped back to 5-10% in a minute but as soon as I started to stream something (Netflix, etc.) CPU usage again jumped to 100% and streaming just halted.

I did 30/30/30 and reconfigured the router again. It has solved the issue for now, but when I look into telnet/top I see that occasionally "sirq" jumps to 50%.

I flashed back 14896 and everything seems to be back to normal. Thought I still getting very slow Web UI if I access via LAN while via WLAN Web UI is normally fast.

BTW, what router do you have this issue with?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
DrewG5
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am experiencing a few issues with this build SVN 14929 on my WZR-HP-G300NH

1) Unable to stream Netflix to iPhone over WiFi 3G and, the stock firmware work for streaming.

2) Wifi connection fails after 24 hours of up-time

I know the wifi drivers are still in alpha/beta, but the netflix not streaming is a odd as it streams fine to my blu-ray player over the lan.
sco77
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Activity is looking really high on the timeline http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: