Unique Network request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
FMKaiba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:56    Post subject: Unique Network request Reply with quote
I have a unique networking question.

I have dd-wrt on one router (WRT54G2), which is going to be used as a wireless access point on a unique network.

The main router on the network (the one connected to the modem) does NOT use DHCP, and is NOT wireless. But i can connect to it with a static IP address. (and is on subnet 255.255.255.240)

I have 3 lines running off this router (which cannot be accessed) two go to specific cash registers, one will go to the WRT54g2.

I need to set up the WRT54G2 so it provides DHCP addresses to wireless clients, and the WRT54G2 must keep a static internet connection to the host router.

I have tried everything. How can i do this? the wiki only includes information related to extending wireless networks, or passing DHCP requests to a main gateway. (which doesn't help here)

Any ideas?
Sponsor
Peabody
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Set the g2 to LAN Ip of 192.168.2.1, stick the cable from the main router into the G2 WAN port, and set a static IP for the g2 (will be the g2s WAN IP) in the primary routers services/services page. I think that's what you want.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Primary routers control panel is inaccessible.

Should i set a static IP for the G2 in the 'WAN Setup', the primary router will provide internet if u send it a static IP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: