TP-LINK WDR3600 - TFTP Problem - Brick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
andreaem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:07    Post subject: TP-LINK WDR3600 - TFTP Problem - Brick Reply with quote
Hi guys, i was brick my WDR3600 after using the recovery,

I've followed the normal procedure to flash the tp-link fw, it's a SamKnows device so the only way to use this router is to load the original firmware via tftp.

So, when i load the file called wdr3600v1_tp_recovery.bin (this is mandatory cause the recovery ask for this file) TFPT32 send the file but even it reach 89%, 95%, 99% etc, not 100% and the router reboot and blink all the led, after 2 seconds reboot and blink another time, and another time ago.

Thinking the problem is the filesize i've cutted of the end of the file ( full of FFFFFFFFF... ) using an Hex editor, but even if the file is now 6 Mb doesn't change anything.

I got another WDR3600 and make the same thing, but the other router upgrade as expected so the problem i think is not on the procedure or file.

I've read in OpenWRT wiki that must to cut the initial part of the file contain 0x20200 that might to be the boot, but i can't see this part on my file.
Sponsor
GreyDoc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
is it a US version? post a photo of the label found on the bottom
andreaem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, i think is the EU version, i'm in Italy (It is a SamKnows WhiteBox, used by european union to test the quality of connections around the europe, they send a free box with an openWRT customized version that act as network monitor and send data, they ask to use it for about 2 years and then i can do whatever i want).

Here is the label:

PS: I've brought an USB-UART CP2102 from China (i've tried to connect whit an RS323 cable but then i've understod that is impossible) but the adapter take at least 15 days to come, so at this time i can't use terminal.

Thanks
GreyDoc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
TFTP this file, it's tp-link wdr3600 firmware 150518 with bootloader stripped
andreaem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi thanks for the file submitted, but seems not change more, i got the transfer completed at 98-99% (sometime like 80%), haven't idea why, any other idea?

thanks a lot
B@R
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
You must use TFTP to upload the image to the router, not serial cable. Read the wiki and use Search.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=260009
for example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: