3Com 3CRWER100-75 Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Frumbasjt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got this same router and I've been trying to get into RedBoot for 2 days, with no succes. I tried it with the batchfile, I tried it manually (with and without Putty), I tried it with different IP's, 10.10.12.72 (the IP that Boogey said I should telnet) and the IP the router actually has, 192.168.1.1, but I just can't seem to get in.

It's really frustrating and I can't see what I'm doing wrong, any suggestions? Thanks
Sponsor
vasilua
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
it this link http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/3com/3crwer100_75
all work fine, I made as wrote there and all done.
But when I try make newer version of dd-wrt my router died. I made mistake....
Boogey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Frumbasjt:
Do you still have problem to get RedBoot?
If so try to find some wiki or google some page where you have info about getting RedBoot. There is only 1 second timeout during bootup to get in.

If still no success. Download wireshark http://www.wireshark.org/download.html start it to listen on interface connected to router. Connect the router to PC. Power on router and there should be some packet receiving from router. Try to connect to RedBoot using IP you can find in "Source IP column".
Keep in mind: Network(and mask) of PC and router must be same.

vasilua:
If your router has bad flash and doesn't boot you still should be able to get RedBoot and fix the problem. If not there is posibility like serial console to get into RedBoot.

If you want more info about serial cable and console feel free to ask.
vasilua
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Boogey:

Yes, router bad flash and do not boot with RedBoot.
Router starting and work as Lan router but I cant get in. DHCP do not work - connectes wiht some error.
If it's possible to fix it - please advice how I can do it.
Thanks
Frumbasjt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Boogy, thanks for the reply Smile

I haven't found any page that specifically addresses my problem, but I do know how to get into RedBoot, and I know about the 1 second time out.

The Wireshark idea is a good one though, I'll do that when I'm at home tonight.
Boogey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
vasilua:
If the router boots corrcetly and operates like a switch but without DHCP and other service there shouldn't be problem to recover.

Simply connect to RedBoot and reflash it with correct firmware. You can use my guide on openwrt wiki.

I suppose that you know how to get into RedBoot and how to work with it. If not try to google it.

Frumbasjt:
Ok. Sorry. I probably misunderstood your problem.
Could you precisely describe what you did(step by step), what the router did(what's wrong) and what you expected to get(what result you want)?

I don't know exactly where is the problem.
Frumbasjt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
What I want is simply get into RedBoot so I can install OpenWRT on it, like in your tutorial. I tried to do this by plugging in my ethernet from (unpowered) router to laptop, turning off wifi and setting my IP to 10.10.12.2, mask 255.0.0.0. I then plugged the power back in and tried to get into RedBoot in several ways, including a script provided somewhere at this site and pinging 10.10.12.72 in one command line and in another window telnet 10.10.12.72 on port 9000 (with and without Putty) as soon as I didn't get a timeout back. Also tried Wireshark in conjunction with putty, as soon as I would get a package from Wireshark I'd hit open on Putty. I also tried this with IP 192.168.1.1, because I read at a different site that someone got into RedBoot with the same router that way. All of that didn't work however, I always get connection refused or sometimes connection timed out.

I tried Wireshark as you suggested to find out the IP address. I got quite a lot of packets, the first being a DHCP packet, the second one was from source 10.10.12.72, I guess that's the address I need then.
vasilua
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Boogey:
if you mean by this way http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/3com/3crwer100_75 - it's not work.
PC - connecting with router with manual set IP but do not work reset button may be it's case why I can't start Redboot as in instruction in link below...
Can you advice something?
Boogey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Frumbasjt:
You are doing it right I think. If the wireshark report IP as 10.10.12.72 try it with this one. It should work. Try to disable all other interfaces except one to router. Try it more times(each try you have to restart your router by repluging power but you probably know this). I don't know how to help you more. Be patient and try it more times.

vasilua:
Try Wireshark as I described to Frumbasjt. If router sends packet with source 10.10.12.72 during startup getting into RedBoot should be possible same way as in my guide on openwrt wiki http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/3com/3crwer100_75 .

If there is no packet from 10.10.12.72 or any other IP throug you can access RedBoot you probably corrupt something more.

For serial console to this router you need:
-solder some pins at routerboard(later I'll post guide)
-serial connection to PC[ USB-Serial convertor(tested and it works with FTDI chip) or native serial COM(RS-232) port(not tested, don't know if it works) ]
-some software: HyperTerminal in windows, minicom in Unix
jagneuz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Boogey for posting the wiki on openwrt! I've managed to install openwrt with your instructions on my 3crwer200-75 and it seems to be working fine. It didnt work with the 3com firmware but now its up and running again Very Happy
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2267
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nothing ? Sad
danielholm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone figured out which of the 9 pins on the board is which?

I'd like to connect using serial, since I'm unable to get into Redboot.
Boogey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for late response. I've just updated http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/3com/3crwer100_75
and now there is serial connection pinout.
danielholm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Boogey wrote:
Sorry for late response. I've just updated http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/3com/3crwer100_75
and now there is serial connection pinout.

Oh, thank you so much! I'll try this as fast as I can. But what about VCC? Isn't it needed or should that be soldered from somewhere else then the one of the pins?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: