Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H won't reset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
briansrapier
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 23:02    Post subject: Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H won't reset Reply with quote
I have a Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H that was given to me. The router has OpenWRT installed.

It was given to me because the previous owner forgot the password, attempted to recover by the standard means, but was unable to gain access.

I have attempted to reset to defaults using the 30/30/30 method and push a new image using the TFTP method whilst monitoring using recvudp. I'm getting nothing.

Any ideas why the reset button would fail to reset the router to defaults? Any other tricks for gaining access to the router to recover it?
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Go to the bottom of the page here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-AG300H

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recently battled with an AG300H myself and eventually got it working with tftp.
I do not know if Openwrt has any influence in your case of not getting tftp to work,
but could try if a "ping -t 192.168.11.1" or "ping -t 192.168.1.1" immediately after
last step of "30-30-30" will respond. Then you know if it listens to either address.
Of course the firewall need be turned off and in my case I used "netsh", this was
the key to any response from the router. Also start off with an old build as mentioned in the wiki.
I did not need to use a switch.

E.g here, at the end :

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=159174&highlight=netsh

Do not give up, these routers do not brick indefinite very easily.
Keep us updated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: