Good RFlow supporting router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
cyberws
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:34    Post subject: Good RFlow supporting router Reply with quote
Can anyone please advise on a good router to run DD-WRT with Rflow support.

I have used DD-WRT on a WRT54GL for many years as a main router (with many other routers running off the back of it) and recently upgraded to a more powerful TP-Link WDR3600 router which does not support Rflow.

I originally thought that lack of RFlow support was due to the later build and had read that RFlow support has been removed.

I now believe that this removal was only a temporary removal and that Rflow is now supported on STD or larger builds BUT on Broadcom hardware and not Atheros (as the WDR3600 is).

Can someone suggest a reasonable priced, reliable Broadcom based router that supports Rflow.

Thanks in advance.

Phil
Sheffield, UK.
Sponsor
cyberws
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 0:50    Post subject: Answering my own question Reply with quote
Looks like I have unexpectedly answered my question by testing an Archer C9 router for another project.

The ARMv7 based Archer C9 router shows Rflow support (at least on build 27940).

As this router is easily available and is 1GHz, dual core and with 128MB RAM I suspect this router should be just the job.

For anyone wishing to use an Archer C9 please note that I downgraded stock firmware down to build 150122 (oldest available on TPlink Website) BEFORE flashing the factory-to-ddwrt firmware.

Any comments?

Regards,

Phil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: