Unable to reset wl-500g premium v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
theodoreward
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:55    Post subject: Unable to reset wl-500g premium v2 Reply with quote
I cannot seem to reset the nvram on my wl-500g pv2.

I have lost the password. I have tried the regular reset and the 30-30-30 reset to no avail.

Holding in the reset button while power is on has no obvious effect.

Neither does the 30-30-30. The power light will flash and I can TFTP a new image to it, but once I reboot I will have the new dd-wrt version, but it will still not ask me for a password.

TFTPing a non dd-wrt firmware results in a non booting device, then I have to put it back into recovery mode and send in another dd-wrt firmware.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Ted
Sponsor
gruenesAlien
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a wl500gP V2, too, and webgui always asked for a password after a 30-30-30.

Anther option that has worked more than once for me is leaving the router powerless for some hours. I do not know why that helped but that was 2 times the key after flashing a non working image.

You might also try the asus firmware restoration util. I found it to be of great use.
micleeso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 20:38    Post subject: 3 Routers Bricked Reply with quote
My WL-500gP V2 linksys WRTSL54GS and a motorola WR850G v2. Locked out and know the passwords.

history follow
first the WR850G v2 same situation
then the WTRSL54GS same situation
and now the WL-500gP V2.

I would love to recover any of these. Can anyone Help or is it DD-WRT killing my routers?
razametal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 17:31    Post subject: Re: 3 Routers Bricked Reply with quote
micleeso wrote:
My WL-500gP V2 linksys WRTSL54GS and a motorola WR850G v2. Locked out and know the passwords.

history follow
first the WR850G v2 same situation
then the WTRSL54GS same situation
and now the WL-500gP V2.

I would love to recover any of these. Can anyone Help or is it DD-WRT killing my routers?

Have you solved the WR850G issue? I'm having the same trouble.

Regards,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: