Belkin Play Max F7D4301v1 now partially supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:13    Post subject: Belkin Play Max F7D4301v1 now partially supported Reply with quote
Hi,

this is build for above mentioned router.
As we don't yet have latest Broadcom drivers only 2.4 GHz radio will work.

(technical: wl0_corerev=17, wl1_corerev=23)

Upload it using GUI or mini CFE webserver (press wps button, plug in power, keep it pressed for 6-7 s, open browser at 192.168.2.1.)

Allow plenty of time for upgrade.

You can use mini or big build, but I recomend using mini for 1st upgrade, then use dd-wrt to load big if needed.

Please mind that dd-wrt will be at 192.168.1.1 !!!

Somebody please write more detailed instructions! Thx.

PS. do not enable USB 1.1 ohci - it will crash.

dd-wrt.v24-15030_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dd-wrt.v24-15030_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin
 Filesize:  3.3 MB
 Downloaded:  32695 Time(s)

dd-wrt.v24-15030_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dd-wrt.v24-15030_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin
 Filesize:  7.5 MB
 Downloaded:  24860 Time(s)

Last edited by Eko on Sun Aug 29, 2010 15:31; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Eko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm... maybe it is just my router but even 2.4 GHz radio doesn't work reliably.
snowrouter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 16:48    Post subject: Radio Reply with quote
The 2.4ghz radio is working on mine right now. Seems reliable for the very short testing time.

USB FAT32 support is good with great transfer over SSH wireless.

Config changes don't save sometimes, rather needing apply.

Thank you, you have made my day.

I'll be running more tests. So far, so good. Very Happy
Dragooon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does it support Torrent Genie or some similar features that are given by this router? Do you intend on supporting them?
cocopuffs809
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Eko!

Any time frame of when the 5ghz band will be available?
DragooonGarg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wondering, is someone else able to connect different devices via LAN? I'm just wondering if the LAN cable between my 2 routers is bad or if something's wrong.
moonrequiem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko

Can you modify this so that it will work on the F7D4302? I attempted to flash but I get "Upgrade file is not the correct type or version for this device. Upgrade failed. Please obtain the correct file and try again"

Thanks again Smile
Eko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
moonrequiem wrote:
Eko

Can you modify this so that it will work on the F7D4302? I attempted to flash but I get "Upgrade file is not the correct type or version for this device. Upgrade failed. Please obtain the correct file and try again"

Thanks again Smile

I will try to get that tomorrow morning. Need some work - hard to do without router on my desk.
moonrequiem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds good! Thanks.
Eko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some bad news about new driver for 5GHz radio:
Sebastian said:
Quote:
rev 23 is not supported and we also have no chance right now to get the latest sources since broadcom does not see any sense in it (buffalo isnt using broadcom chips anymore and thats why broadcom does not provide any updates)

That doesn't mean it will never run, just it will take same time or some tricks or whatever....
DragooonGarg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a way to switch back to the original Belkin firmware?
Eko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
DragooonGarg wrote:
Is there a way to switch back to the original Belkin firmware?

sure, upload it just normally, be sure to select "restore to defaults"
snowrouter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
The 5ghz radio issue is no game changer for me. The rest of the functionality like ample memory, VPN networking and advanced wireless configuration combined with the gigabit and wireless N hardware makes this a great unit.
izudeen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi All,

First of all, Good Job Eko for the rather prompt build on this router, I saw on the other thread that you just recently got hold on it and the build is up in couple of days.

Secondly, I have been interested in DD-WRT for at least a year now and had no chance before to use it until now (old Belkin router was not supported). Belkin graciously replaced my old router (lifetime warranty) with the new Play MAX due to the old router had 1 port faulty.

Neway, to cut story short, I'm totally newbie in this DD-WRT but have a good background on networking. My intention is to upgrade the Belkin firmware to DD-WRT. Im aware that the current build does not support 5GHz (no prob as none of my hardware supports it).

I've read the Installation Guide but not confident I got it all. Basically if I understand, to put in layman here is what I need to do.

1. Use wired connection to router (with Belkin Firmware). Perform 'restore to factory setting'.
2. Do a hard reset using the 30/30/30 method
3. Log in to the Belkin firmware WebUI and upload the mini file.
4. Another 30/30/30 reset
5. I should be in DD-WRT now?

And if I plan to revert back to Belkin Firmware, I should do the same as above? Log in to DD-WRT WebUI and upload the Belking firmware?

There is so much horror story on this board, making the change to DD-WRT much more <insert whatever word here>
snowrouter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
izudeen wrote:
Hi All,

First of all, Good Job Eko for the rather prompt build on this router, I saw on the other thread that you just recently got hold on it and the build is up in couple of days.

Secondly, I have been interested in DD-WRT for at least a year now and had no chance before to use it until now (old Belkin router was not supported). Belkin graciously replaced my old router (lifetime warranty) with the new Play MAX due to the old router had 1 port faulty.

Neway, to cut story short, I'm totally newbie in this DD-WRT but have a good background on networking. My intention is to upgrade the Belkin firmware to DD-WRT. Im aware that the current build does not support 5GHz (no prob as none of my hardware supports it).

I've read the Installation Guide but not confident I got it all. Basically if I understand, to put in layman here is what I need to do.

1. Use wired connection to router (with Belkin Firmware). Perform 'restore to factory setting'.
2. Do a hard reset using the 30/30/30 method
3. Log in to the Belkin firmware WebUI and upload the mini file.
4. Another 30/30/30 reset
5. I should be in DD-WRT now?

And if I plan to revert back to Belkin Firmware, I should do the same as above? Log in to DD-WRT WebUI and upload the Belking firmware?

There is so much horror story on this board, making the change to DD-WRT much more <insert whatever word here>

You got it right. It was easy and flawless on 4 of the F7D4301 units. You will then be in DD-WRT. First thing is to reset root password as it insists and then maybe reset it again. Then you can do the upgrade to big version by the DD-WRT gui.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: